Thread: Time Magazine's Mark Halperin calls Obama a 'Dick' On Live Tv

Time Magazine's Mark Halperin calls Obama a 'Dick' On Live Tv

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is a widely held opinion, I don't know why they made such a cutesy deal out of it.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    This is a widely held opinion, I don't know why they made such a cutesy deal out of it.
    Well, for starts...it doesn't seem to be the widely held opinion at MSNBC or Time.

Halperin is falling all over himself to apologize profusely to the entire world for his comment now, which I find absolutely hilarious, and pathetic.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Seems like YouTube is being relatively aggressive in taking these videos down, so in case the one in the OP goes down, here's another on DailyMotion:

He must be a racist.

/sarcasm

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Time Magazine has suspended him!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe all these people???

OH MY GOD, hE CALLED THE PRESIDENT....A....DICK!!!!!

The agony! The horror!! Oh my God someone call the network chiefs we need a Dateline special!

Edit: Or maybe MS-NBC just suspended him from appearances and not Time Magazine from his job. Either way, pretty hysterical in a tragic comedy kind of way.
    Last edited by Cowlesy; 06-30-2011 at 09:07 AM.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
    Time Magazine has suspended him!!!!!!!!!!
    Can you believe all these people???
    OH MY GOD, hE CALLED THE PRESIDENT....A....DICK!!!!!
    The agony! The horror!! Oh my God someone call the network chiefs we need a Dateline special!
    Those shalt not speak the truth.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does this leave Time anyone who can put two words together in a sensible order?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

[QUOTE=iamse7en;3371719]Seems like YouTube is being relatively aggressive in taking these videos down, so in case the one in the OP goes down, here's another on DailyMotion:

Are you serious?

The media is a total circus... for free!
    Last edited by Travlyr; 06-30-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

in the wake of the anthony weiner twitterpated media!fest scandal
    a humble auld!style opine getz a non~gonzo 'timespeak' dude fired?
    quite clearly the last potus with the first name richard was mr. nixon.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Does this leave Time anyone who can put two words together in a sensible order?
    I doubt it. This morning when they unveiled this week's Time Magazine cover, the Time editor explained how the bloodshed over the Mexican border is 100% the USA's fault for guns going across our border to their country, and our consuming of illegal drugs here. The character of the people running the drugs of course is not a part of it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by iamse7en View Post
    Seems like YouTube is being relatively aggressive in taking these videos down, so in case the one in the OP goes down, here's another on DailyMotion:

richard milhous nixon often was very formal and proper.
    in his rough and tumble moments he was mr. dick nixon!!!
    for some reason, this all takes me back to the wit + wisdom
    and/or the glib, witty & sophmoric humor of the watergate era!
    Last edited by Aratus; 06-30-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: i can think of all the merrie nickname variations on the proper name richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I doubt it. This morning when they unveiled this week's Time Magazine cover, the Time editor explained how the bloodshed over the Mexican border is 100% the USA's fault for guns going across our border to their country, and our consuming of illegal drugs here. The character of the people running the drugs of course is not a part of it at all.
    And, of course, even though this is a republic and they are the Fourth Estate they didn't question for one second whether the Prohibition of a popular natural substance is the bad thing, rather than the lack of total obedience...

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I have recordings of Morning Joe and sometimes even Joe Scarborough goes off with his opinionated rants on Obama... MSNBC has edited the pieces and I caught them. I need to get a HDMI video capture card and get this stuff posted to the net.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 06-30-2011 at 01:56 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the issue isn't so much that he called him a dick, but that he did so on what they try to portray as a show for families. i don't think he's apologizing so much for the sentiment as he is word choice.

Why the hell did msnbc suspend him while their hosts are cheering him on?
    "They thought all along that they could call me a libertarian and hang that label around my neck like an albatross, but I'm not a libertarian." - Rand Paul

From the clip, it looks like he was tricked; or at least the victim of incompetent production. They told him to “go for it” and “I’m behind you…you fall down and I’ll catch ya”, thereby basically telling him to say what he thought and it would be edited if necessary by the delay. But it wasn’t. Then after he said it, they acted shocked and said they were “joking”. And then the producer even chimed in indicating he didn’t think the delay worked.

Quote Originally Posted by idirtify View Post
    From the clip, it looks like he was tricked; or at least the victim of incompetent production.
    You know, there are enough independent television stations with no news content and only locally based sponsors in the nation that I can't help but think a completely independent news report is doable. And Lord knows that the MSM has trained and disposed of enough talent to staff one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    He must be a racist.

/sarcasm
    And a sexist. Derogatory term for male anatomy.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    And a sexist. Derogatory term for male anatomy.
    Oh come now. It's only racist or sexist if you're denigrating the Officially Approved Underdog. You know that by now.

Quote Originally Posted by messana View Post
    Why the hell did msnbc suspend him while their hosts are cheering him on?
    Yes, true observation.

The hosts told him it was ok, and the producer seemed to indicate that it was ok. Therefore, it seems to me that he was given permission to do it. And now they are suspending him for it after they said it was ok?

Yeah, this is venturing into lawsuit territory real quick.

The over reaction is disturbing and I do know his politics so I have no reason to defend him. He also said he was being a dick not that he was a dick. The humor seems to fit Morning Joe and he was being egged on. What a bunch of scumbags at MSNBC and Time for what suspending this guy for giving political comedic commentary when asked. Joe should have came to his defense. I will never watch this program ever again considering the over reaction.

It seems this is a new precedent they are setting that is going to put every commentator in fear of criticizing or giving any sort of negative commentary on Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon's Shadow View Post
    Yeah, this is venturing into lawsuit territory real quick.
    He would be wise to do so and to stop apologizing. They probably told him if he apologizes everything would be okay but it never works that way.
    Last edited by kahless; 06-30-2011 at 12:34 PM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    It seems this is a new precedent they are setting that is going to put every commentator in fear of criticizing or giving any sort of negative commentary on Obama.
    According to a Ted Rall column not long ago, this has been the case for quite some time now. It's an interesting read. He details the pressures so-called journalists feel constantly not to show that the emperor has no clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    According to a Ted Rall column not long ago, this has been the case for quite some time now. It's an interesting read. He details the pressures so-called journalists feel constantly not to show that the emperor has no clothes.
    This fact couldn't have been any more clear than in that CNN interview last night, just as Dr. Paul really getting into exposing the naked obama the host of the show had a uncontrollable need to change the topic and cut Dr. Paul off.

My witty comment on the youtube video...

this might be the first time MSNBC has ever reported the truth, and the man that reports it got suspended? What a bunch of dicks...

aravoth 2 hours ago 9
    Beat that everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by aravoth View Post
    My witty comment on the youtube video...

Beat that everyone!
    Hahahahaha, +rep