Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who are you mad at really?

When we finally make them see how they've been brainwashed, they're going to be mad. And the powers that be try every trick in the book (I say try, not will try, as they're already at it) to misdirect that rage at us. So, we had better be already busy making sure that rage is directed the right direction. And we had better be both vigilant and good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    'If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you.'--Oscar Wilde
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    'The responsibility of the government is to provide the environment which is proper to allow us to thrive, for us to work hard and have the incentive.'--Ron Paul

People can need without knowing what they need. People can be frustrated without knowing what the cause of that frustration is. I say just knowing what causes a person's frustration is nine-tenths of the battle. If we can look at a person who is ranting about this or that, and say, I think what you're wanting and not getting is opportunity, then I think you have a receptive audience. Perhaps 'opportunity' isn't the correct word for everyone, but these days I'll just bet it will work for most.

In any case...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'A mind is like a parachute--it doesn't work unless it's open.'--Will Rogers
    Politicians make people angry because an angry mind is a closed mind, and they're afraid that if they don't make people angry then people like us will get in under their defenses. Here's hoping we can get in under their defenses anyway.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-08-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    'The responsibility of the government is to provide the environment which is proper to allow us to thrive, for us to work hard and have the incentive.'--Ron Paul

People can need without knowing what they need. People can be frustrated without knowing what the cause of that frustration is. I say just knowing what causes a person's frustration is nine-tenths of the battle. If we can look at a person who is ranting about this or that, and say, I think what you're wanting and not getting is opportunity, then I think you have a receptive audience. Perhaps 'opportunity' isn't the correct word for everyone, but these days I'll just bet it will work for most.

In any case...

Politicians make people angry because an angry mind is a closed mind, and they're afraid that if they don't make people angry then people like us will get in under their defenses. Here's hoping we can get in under their defenses anyway.
    deep, acptulsa. profound. i've never thought of it this way.

i believe that an angry person is easier to manipulate because an angry person tends to not reason.
    a comprehensive website about critical theory and how it's destroying our civilization: https://newdiscourses.com

Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post
    i believe that an angry person is easier to manipulate because an angry person tends to not reason.
    That's why wars are so easy to start.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12