Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad News, My Sister died over the weekend:( Age 32:(

Question Bad News, My Sister died over the weekend:( Age 32:(

I am really not sure what i am thinking right now but we will not have answers on how and why she died for 14 weeks or so? She has left behind a 3 and 12 yr old She is my half-sister but she was my only sister

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me create some type of education fund for them? That they could use for school at 18??

I am really not sure what i am asking for right now. I am a lil emotional at the moment and i cannot even attend the funeral in VA today This has got to be a bad day for my dad and their is not much i can do for him or my family right now

any suggestions? or ideas? would be appreciated!!

I was thinking some type of fund for 1000 or more? ??not even sure where to start all i possibly might have this month is an extra 100! What would be a practical goal?? Would rpf members be interested in helping??

If anyone has some questions? I will try to answer what i can for now but alot of answers will not be known until the autopsy. Then i guess we have to wait 14 weeks for results is what my dad said.

sincerely kenny
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 06-24-2011 at 07:37 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    my condolences on your loss Kenny

I'm so sorry. My sincere condolences.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

That's absolutely terrible! I'm so sorry for your loss and for the poor kids she left behind.

So sorry for your loss . A local bank can help you set up memorial fund accounts where people can make donations.

Very sorry to hear. You have my condolence and my prayers.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

My thoughts and prayers go with you man, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My sincerest condolences, Kenny.

Oh, Kenny. My heart is with you, man. Hope their dad, or your dad, is ready to step up to the plate with those kids. And I hope everyone else around them lends a hand too. Those kids are going to need all they can get the next few months. That's an overwhelming loss and they'll need overwhelming love and support.

What you're talking about is generally done with some kind of trust fund. There are tax-deferred versions of these, but I have no idea if these are limited to parental contributions, or some other silly thing like that. You know how the gubmint is. Don't rush into this thing, you could cheat them and feed the tax beast if you do. Best to let the dust settle before you do anything irreversible.

Strength and solace to you, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Sorry to hear that. You should go be with your family as soon as you can.

I am so sorry, Kenny!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Dear Kenny-

I am so sorry for your loss. She was young and it seems so unfair not only to her but, her children as well.

I cannot advise you on how to set up a fund for her children but I would like to say that time spent with them could be just as important for them. Are they staying with their dad?

Dedicated savings plans in the child's name get taxed on any dividend or interest earnings, but at the child's tax rate. Children seldom earn enough to pay much more than FICA (Social Security) tax, so that's not bad. '529' plans are tax deferred (no tax until the money gets spent) and can be tax free. The downside is, they're all state-run. Virginia will set it up and make the investment decisions. Even if you look and find that the Colorado plan is better, you can't set it up in Colorado unless the kids are (or Colorado thinks the kids are) living there.

Hope that gets you off to a start on the project.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-24-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

hang in there Kenny.

I'm sure once we figure out the best way to set up a fund for the kiddos RPFs will throw a bunch of money into it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hang in there buddy.

So very sorry to hear.
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

Kenny, I'm sorry to hear about this. My prayers are with you. As for the education account, we have one for both of our kids. Anybody can donate to it, not just parents. (Plus if there was such a limitation, people could just give to the parents who would turn around and donated it). Any financial planner can help you set one up. The taxes of the interest is deferred, and if the money is ultimately used for education there is no tax on it. Our kids account is doing well despite the fact that we went against our financial advisers initial recommendations for a fund that included companies we believed to be unethical.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    I am really not sure what i am thinking right now but we will not have answers on how and why she died for 14 weeks or so? She has left behind a 3 and 12 yr old She is my half-sister but she was my only sister

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me create some type of education fund for them? That they could use for school at 18??

I am really not sure what i am asking for right now. I am a lil emotional at the moment and i cannot even attend the funeral in VA today This has got to be a bad day for my dad and their is not much i can do for him or my family right now

any suggestions? or ideas? would be appreciated!!

I was thinking some type of fund for 1000 or more? ??not even sure where to start all i possibly might have this month is an extra 100! What would be a practical goal?? Would rpf members be interested in helping??

If anyone has some questions? I will try to answer what i can for now but alot of answers will not be known until the autopsy. Then i guess we have to wait 14 weeks for results is what my dad said.

sincerely kenny
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Oh, Kenny. My heart is with you, man. Hope their dad, or your dad, is ready to step up to the plate with those kids. And I hope everyone else around them lends a hand too. Those kids are going to need all they can get the next few months. That's an overwhelming loss and they'll need overwhelming love and support.

What you're talking about is generally done with some kind of trust fund. There are tax-deferred versions of these, but I have no idea if these are limited to parental contributions, or some other silly thing like that. You know how the gubmint is. Don't rush into this thing, you could cheat them and feed the tax beast if you do. Best to let the dust settle before you do anything irreversible.

Strength and solace to you, man.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

jmdrake, that one is a 529? And your state gives you input into the investments?

that is some terrible news to say the least. Sorry for your loss and those kids as well. That can't be easy on them in the least. I personally wouldn't focus on the monetary issues facing them when they are 18 however and focus on helping them NOW because growing UP is the hardest part especially without a parent (dad still around though?) so I say focus on them.

I can't even imagine because that is the exact age of my sister right now as well, kind of hits home for me.

very sad stuff man
    Support Marijuana Legalization WORLDWIDE

Chester Copperpot

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry Kenny for your loss...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    jmdrake, that one is a 529? And your state gives you input into the investments?
    You're asking me about detail? Seriously though, I'm pretty sure it is a 529. And we weren't able to actually craft the investments ourselves to get the benefit. But when we told our advisers what we did and didn't want they went back and crafted a plan based on our prerequisite of no companies that we didn't approve of. I guess you could say we had "veto power". I'm not sure about all of the details, but I do know that other people can donate to it. I specifically remember him giving the example of grandparents. But I don't think there was a limitation to just relatives either.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

sorry for your loss, kenny

Sorry for your loss. My condolences.
    Has Gun Will Revolt

Very sorry to hear this. May the Lord bring peace and comfort to you and yours during this very trying time.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

I hate to hear about young people dying. Like a flower that lasts for a day. My thoughts and prayers are for you and her children.

Be there for the kids, Kenny, but also be there for your dad. There is now a big hole in the kid's little world, yes. But having one's kid precede one into the Great Beyond is just completely contrary to the grand scheme of things, and it's liable to put your dad in shock sooner or later.

Have faith, brother. It may look overwhelming, but I know you well enough to know you have reserves of strength you don't even know about. Tap 'em, and keep on truckin'.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast