Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Story on auction for Ames straw poll, picture of candidates excludes Ron who won auction

Story on auction for Ames straw poll, picture of candidates excludes Ron who won auction

and includes Romney who won't even be in the straw poll.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...omment-3769852
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They even included a picture neoconservative-epitome Thad McCotter! Come on!
    "It is not enough these days to simply question authority. You must speak with it, too."
    -Taylor Mali

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    -Samuel Adams

Unbelievable. I commented. "Awaiting moderation".
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

The included Thad McCotter and not Ron Paul!? Insanity.

Let's comment bomb this.

What a slap in the face! The pure ARROGANCE of it all!
    RON PAUL
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

(copy and paste this text for your own R[ƎVO˩]UTION!)

It reads like the author is struggling to talk around Paul. Literally, read it again and it is obvious that the writer had to work hard to marginalize what should be big news about an up and coming campaign.

I mean ... are they going to do this when he takes office too? That would be pretty funny.
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

My comment went straight through. Try being clever instead of pithy

...nevermind it's awaiting moderation, too :-\
    Last edited by Ball; 06-24-2011 at 01:43 AM.
    RON PAUL
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by hard@work View Post
    It reads like the author is struggling to talk around Paul. Literally, read it again and it is obvious that the writer had to work hard to marginalize what should be big news about an up and coming campaign.
    I'm curious how two people can be first.

Oh wait, not curious...what's that word? Oh yea: embarrassed.
    RON PAUL
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

I commented and also sent them an email.

Certainly if Ron Paul wins the nomination, some journalists will only write about how romney, pawlenty and bachman lost, but won't even mention who won. This is absurdly ridiculous.

I commented 3 hours ago and it is still pending moderation.. This is an outrage!
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

https://twitter.com/#!/JustinFrom1776

Comment still pending for me. Going on 4 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by hard@work View Post
    I mean ... are they going to do this when he takes office too? That would be pretty funny.
    Fox Business will be the only channel televising the inauguration.

I don't think it is so bad, this just belongs here in the media bias category with the tons of other examples. Its CNN, what do you expect? Look on the bright side, Ron Paul has been getting some GREAT interviews in this week, and has made a ton of progress. Eventually, the media will have to stop ignoring him so much.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    It's just someones blog.
    If the goal was to attract hits to his blog by enraged internet brigadees, he wins!
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Looks like it has since been updated:

Sources told CNN that Paul’s campaign outbid the competition and landed the premier location at the event site.
    I'm guessing "Sources" = 1,000's of comments from said "enraged internet brigadees". Comments are now closed.

(they didn't fix the pictures though!!)
    Last edited by V3n; 06-24-2011 at 06:27 AM.
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post

I'm guessing "Sources" = 1,000's of comments from said "enraged internet brigadees". Comments are now closed.

LoL.

We are such troublemakers

Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post

(they didn't fix the pictures though!!)
    That comment was in the original, way near the bottom. Long after many would stop reading. But the picture is ludicrous. Amusing they 'closed comments' without showing any of ours. I can assure you mine was one of the first.

However, if people are pissed and want to do something, and can donate to the Iowa projects for Ron's campaign..... http://iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php

Remember, you will be put into his campaign web page for the donation, but it tracks where you want the money to go:

Last edited by sailingaway; 06-24-2011 at 06:49 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

They only needed $15,000 for space and only 6 candidates got it...

we should have run 5 other spaces with 5 of our own people as "thinking about running" then turned the whole thing over to Ron Paul to have an Ames Ron Paul fest.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

I just viewed the page listed in the OP and I see 6 comments associated with the article. Every comment asked about the exclusion of Ron Paul from the picture montage. I guess some of your comments were published.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't see any place to post a comment. Did they turn them off? Am I having a massive brain fart?

they fixed the pic, I just thanked them

Kudos to CNN for fixing the mistake. Shame on CNN for making it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    they fixed the pic, I just thanked them

Much better!

It is amazing what an irate minority can accomplish in a short amount of time

Did anybody screen cap the original? If so, can you post it so I can grab a copy? Muchos gracias!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast