Thread: Newt Gingrich to call for the Audit and reform of the Fed (seriously)

Newt Gingrich to call for the Audit and reform of the Fed (seriously)

“The Fed currently has a dual mandate: dollar stability and full employment,” the release said. “They are incompatible. As part of a thorough reappraisal of the role of the Federal Reserve System, Congress should immediately return the Fed to its original sole focus on dollar stability.”

Gingrich will also call for a strengthening of the dollar and the repeal of banking regulations enacted under the Obama administration that Gingrich says hurts smaller banks.
    Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/21/gi...#ixzz1PvZvdlge

WTF?!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hi. Welcome to last week. :P
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

hxxp://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/21/gingrich-finance-team-abandons-campaign/

Newt Gingrich 2012 Campaign Finance Team Quits

He's done... someone in RP's campaign staff get that donor/finance list ASAP
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by COpatriot View Post
    hxxp://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/21/gingrich-finance-team-abandons-campaign/
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Newt Gingrich 2012 Campaign Finance Team Quits
    One must wonder if the 2 are related even somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    One must wonder if the 2 are related even somewhat.
    So, Newt was just another "hired" distraction in their Kabuki Theater?

The campaign has been on life support since earlier this month when 16 top aides and advisers resigned en masse over disagreements with the Republican candidate.
    ^^^^Sounds like McCain 2008 redux.

People familiar with Gingrich's campaign spending say his fundraising has been weak since he launched his bid and that he has racked up large travel bills.
    ^^^^Just like your typical irresponsible political hack from Washington DC's elitist club, eh?
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

You know, I've been hearing this "The fed should stop its dual role and just concentrate on dollar stability" from republican opponents of a fed audit like our very own worthless senator Bob Corker. So excuse me for being unimpressed. Why should the government control "dollar stability" either as opposed to letting the free market do that? I think they're just prepping us for Argentinian style austerity while the banksters continue to get away with the loot.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

This reminds me of this:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Opportunists are beginning to try and introduce as much of Paul's message into their agenda as possible without losing their base. Romney trying to pander to libertarians, Bachmann saying her favorite books are by Hayek and now this.
    "Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by johnrocks View Post
    Opportunists are beginning to try and introduce as much of Paul's message into their agenda as possible without losing their base. Romney trying to pander to libertarians, Bachmann saying her favorite books are by Hayek and now this.
    Remember that Huckabee did the same thing at one of the debates in 2008 - began to coopt Ron's message by saying "I want to abolish the IRS"

Indies will decide the winner. I just listened to the Michael Medved Show, who had an editor of Reason on. While Medved kept putting Ron Paul down as unelectable, he seemed to agree that libertarians are the wave of the future. Must suck to be him. His reasons for putting down RP were lame.