Thread: Joe Biden - Handicapper General

Joe Biden - Handicapper General

"Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    that was a good connection. i wonder if people will get it-- identifying the "equality" "no one is better than you" as it really is-- a message of slavery.

how "equal" is it, for a person to declare that no one is better than i? and how "equal" is it of me, to believe such nonsense? this takes me presuming that i am the same as everyone else, a presumption that is illogical in the light of human nature.

because we are individuals, there can only be equal rights for individuals to be who they are as individuals. the founders had it correct and collectivism has twisted and marred their message, all in the name of "equality".

in the "equality message" slaves really are no better than their masters.

Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post
    that was a good connection. i wonder if people will get it-- identifying the "equality" "no one is better than you" as it really is-- a message of slavery.

how "equal" is it, for a person to declare that no one is better than i? and how "equal" is it of me, to believe such nonsense? this takes me presuming that i am the same as everyone else, a presumption that is illogical in the light of human nature.

because we are individuals, there can only be equal rights for individuals to be who they are as individuals. the founders had it correct and collectivism has twisted and marred their message, all in the name of "equality".

+Rep
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post

honestly, i think this is the harder battle to fight than the "all-good people" and "all-bad people" collectivism battle.

the "no one is better" ideal tends to be the "warm and fuzzy" type that allows the believer to label someone refuting the claim by explaining that we are not all equal as "prideful". especially to those who can't wrap their heads around the idea that we are all individuals with different physical and mental strengths and weaknesses, therefore we cannot be individually equal.

"equality" and "fairness" are the arguments that are used to get laws passed in which the disabled or persons of certain ethnic/racial groups, etc etc get special rights and privileges at the cost of individual freedom. see?? now the argument could be used against me that i am not for a disabled person's right to have access to something he/she would not, without State intervention, have access to. how shameful!

this does go along the lines of "all good" and "all bad"-- especially where our "wars of democracy" are involved. we just want to make those "all bad" people die so that the "all good" people that remain in that nation can be equal, just like we are in this country. you see, in democracy, we are all equal, and we all have a voice.

Ah yes, Harrison Bergeron... a twisted world, sadly the mundane masses demand for this level of equality.

The exceptional will always rise. If need be, on the broken backs of the weak, poor, and stupid.

The world should strive to be better, faster, stronger, smarter... not average or acceptable. The fact that we spend so much time on lowering the bar for the masses it makes me sick.

Just to spoil the ending... Harrison and the Ballerina get shot by the Handicapper General. There is no follow up or revolution, the story just ends there.