Thread: Russian Television News, Al JAzeera English and CNN youtube subscriptions

Default Russian Television News, Al JAzeera English and CNN youtube subscriptions

You tube subscriptions

RT News: 175,876
    Al Jazeera English: 203,279
    CNN: 33,806
    MSNBC: ?
    FOX: 23,326

These are all English speaking subscribers. RT and Al-J also have their home language channels.

My poli-sci professor said the news only puts out what the American people want to see, that it wasn't guided by any particular interest group.

I consider the lower four channels to be really all arms of the same NATO propaganda machine. I only consider RT to ever report other sides of foreign conflicts.

I understand that demographics and cable availability skew the numbers, but, CNN, MSNBC and FOX aren't even close to competitive on youtube.

And Hillary Clinton has noticed this recently:

She says a major reason the State Department needs money is because "we are in an information war and we are losing that war."

Read more:

They are losing control.
    Last edited by UWDude; 06-18-2011 at 04:36 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I've found al-Jazeera to be fairly unpropagandistic, though it has the strange European Union bias at times.
    "One thing at a time, is my motto - and just play that thing for all it is worth, even if it's only two pair and a jack."
    Mark Twain

# of "undesireables" exterminated by Nazi Germany: 11,000,000. / # of Soviet citizens purged by Stalin: 40-60,000,000. / # of Chinese killed in Mao Tse-Dong's Revolutions: 70-80,000,000. / Living in Freedom: Priceless.

RT are good but occasional you will see the Russian agenda shine through. Best of the pick though.

I think there should be a concentrated push to get cable and satellite providers to carry RT and/or Al Jazeera too. Sad as this is, a lot of people will simply believe something if they hear it on TV. That's why we're still losing the infowar when it comes to people in their forties and up, though there are, of course, many exceptions.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon