Thread: WND's Joseph Farah on Ron Paul

WND's Joseph Farah on Ron Paul

Here's another attack piece on Ron Paul this time by world net daily's Joe Farah. He attacks Ron Paul on his federalist position on abortion, and for not going far enough to protect all human life at the federal level. Also he attacks his position on government's role in marriage, basically arguing that because the courts have interfered so much in the last decade that the government is obligated to step in and keep marriage between men/women.

Full article here: http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=311937
    Last edited by pulp8721; 06-16-2011 at 11:43 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Interesting twist at the end:

Don't get me wrong. He's an asset in the presidential campaign. He raises excellent points – like the destructiveness of the Federal Reserve, the forgotten meaning of property rights and outrageous extra-constitutional abuses of Congress and the presidency.

But when the federal government is actively involved in destroying life, rather than defending it, and destroying marriage, rather than defending it, it is not only Congress' right to intercede, it's Congress duty to do so.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Interesting twist at the end:

Don't get me wrong. He's an asset in the presidential campaign. He raises excellent points – like the destructiveness of the Federal Reserve, the forgotten meaning of property rights and outrageous extra-constitutional abuses of Congress and the presidency.

But when the federal government is actively involved in destroying life, rather than defending it, and destroying marriage, rather than defending it, it is not only Congress' right to intercede, it's Congress duty to do so.
    That's why his negatives against Paul are so stupid. If we did what Paul suggested the federal government would NOT be involved in destroying life, nor would they be involved in destroying marriage. It would take these things out of the federal government's hands. Therefore his reasons why he wants Congress to intercede would be gone.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 06-17-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Something I don't talk about often with my pro-life friends and peers is Ron Paul's stance on abortion. When I do I focus heavily on the reasoning he has (Dr., 4,000 babies, first time seeing an abortion, etc). I also focus on the idea that pro-life means pro-all-life, brown skin half a world away or not. This does get me some credit from them. But I always always always keep away from the state solution.

I know straight out that abortion will be halted across the nation state by state. Tens of thousands of abortions will not occur. I'd love to see how this guy can explain away his "all or nothing" mentality after acknowledging the projected abortion statistics over the next ten years.
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..