Thread: Al Gore praises Mitt Romney on climate

Al Gore praises Mitt Romney on climate

Mitt Romney on Wednesday got a big thumbs up for his stance on global warming from a source that likely won’t help him at all in the GOP primary: Al Gore.

The former vice president and Nobel Prize winner praised Romney for not heeding right-wing calls to reject the science behind climate change.

“Good for Mitt Romney — though we've long passed the point where weak lip-service is enough on the Climate Crisis,” Gore wrote on his blog. “While other Republicans are running from the truth, he is sticking to his guns in the face of the anti-science wing of the Republican Party.”
    Those Who Do Not Move, Do Not Notice Their Chains.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This science / anti-science thing is a dangerous road..

Lulz. Kiss of death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Oukvekpwv View Post
    This science / anti-science thing is a dangerous road..

What do you mean by that?

Anyway, I love to see statists like Romney and Gore come together on statist, psuedo-science issues like "global warming"

Not to start a debate or anything, just notice that science is used a bit too much to push socio-political agendas in such a way that labels concepts, groups, and individuals rather than being left more of an objective field. Labeling people as "anti-science" because of their opinions is not a good thing or helpful to the field or individuality. In this way science can be an elietist collectivist field; I just feel that this should stream of thought should be avoided rather than embraced..

Quote Originally Posted by Oukvekpwv View Post
    Not to start a debate or anything, just notice that science is used a bit too much to push socio-political agendas in such a way that labels concepts, groups, and individuals rather than being left more of an objective field. Labeling people as "anti-science" because of their opinions is not a good thing or helpful to the field or individuality. In this way science can be an elietist collectivist field; I just feel that this should stream of thought should be avoided rather than embraced..
    Well, then, I guess we had better get the government out of funding university research. Because until we do, it will continue to drive its agendas.

I know someone who used to work for the Dept. of Energy in approving such funding. There's just no doubt that this money would be far better spent if we didn't run it through Washington.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 06-15-2011 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.