Thread: Ron/Kucinich suing Obama over Libya

Ron/Kucinich suing Obama over Libya

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/57032.html

that's change i can believe in!

about damn time somebody used the power of the courts to put an end to this crap.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If this is successful Ron should definitely bring it up in future debates/interviews.

senator lindsey graham wants us to go into syria. dog days of summer.
    its days like this where i am glad dennis kucinich is backing up ron paul!

Great news! Thanks to Kucinich and Jones for moving forward with this!

sadly it'll probably be thrown out

"It also will ask a judge to prohibit the White House from conducting a war without congressional approval."

I find this kind of thing funny. Not funny-haha, but more like funny-pissed off. It's like saying "Hey judge, the Obama Administration is breaking the law, and when we tell them to stop they don't listen. Can you make them stop please?"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think this is a huge deal. Has the SCOTUS ever ruled that Congress has standing to sue the Executive Branch?

(Personally, I'd prefer impeachment.)

ETA - Dan Burton's in on this? That's a great thing. I used to live in his district, so I emailed him a Thanks. Zip code 46033.
    Last edited by angelatc; 06-15-2011 at 01:01 PM.

i find it hilarious that the repubs are so up in arms over this, frankly. that, and they came out today against signing statements. bush used more signing statements than any president in history, by a large margin, now all the sudden repubs think it's a bad idea with a dem in the wh. go figure. same as the war powers issue. boehner voted to repeal it in 95!

edit: this isnt meant to imply that i agree with the war powers act (i dont) or that i am for president using signing statements (im not), just goes to show you how partisan washington wants you to think it is and how short americans' memories are.
    Last edited by PastaRocket848; 06-15-2011 at 01:44 PM.

This is a link to a petition to ask RP to ask Kucinich to be his running mate.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...d.cgi?alice369

Quote Originally Posted by gkaba View Post

no thank you.

And this is why Ron will never win the Republican nomination.

I'll pass as well.

"The Judge" would be an awesome pick.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    I'll pass as well.

"The Judge" would be an awesome pick.
    Rand with his national appeal among voters will be supercalifragilistic pick
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Or Nothing II View Post
    Rand with his national appeal among voters will be supercalifragilistic pick
    If Rand would be Ron´s pick, the media would say: "he couldn´t even find a vp outside of his family"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by swissaustrian View Post
    If Rand would be Ron´s pick, the media would say: "he couldn´t even find a vp outside of his family"
    Well, Ron can say that he didn't choose Rand because he's his family, he chose Rand because he's one of the top GOP candidates that are capable of getting GOP & Democrats to work together & thereby work for a united America; not to mention, he was even asked if he'd consider running for presidency, it's only because of his stature within the GOP.

Look, he gets astonishingly positive response not only from his own party but also from the Democrats; how many GOP candidates can do that?

The bottomline is this, Ron's numbers aren't going anywhere & they're not likely to shoot up to the sky because all the voters & MSM are "seeing the light" all of a sudden so Ron needs to do something to attract mainstream GOP voters to get anywhere close to getting the GOP nomination. Here's more on it - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post3365860
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

no way, not sure if i could vote for rp if kucinich was his vp

Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    no way, not sure if i could vote for rp if kucinich was his vp
    Even Press Secretary seems too high a spot.