Thread: use google instead of limewire for mp3, pdf, avi etc

use google instead of limewire for mp3, pdf, avi etc

I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd recommend uTorrent for downloading BitTorrents, Limewire is apparently infected with Spyware etc ==> http://www.utorrent.com/

And The Pirate Bay for searching for Ron Paul BitTorrents ==> http://thepiratebay.org
    Last edited by kimosabi; 10-30-2007 at 01:14 AM.
    Beat Vote Fraud - Video your Vote!!!

"No army can stop an idea whose time has come."

- Dr Ron Paul

"Don't Fight City Hall, when you can BE City Hall"

G. Edward Griffin

Energy Freedom: Google Video/Youtube - Stanley Meyers

Health Freedom: Google Video/Youtube - Dr Richard Schulze

Limewire hosed my last computer!

bitlord and mininova.org? isohunt?
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

People still use Limewire? LAWL

soulseek is a pretty good program, never got a virus from it

Limewire users were AOL users last year.
    "Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the grace of the Eternal God, will rout you out."- Andrew Jackson (The Guy on the 20)

www.micahnelson.com

Use a dedicated computer for file sharing... run Windows 98 or earlier... viruses don't target it

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I prefer Azureus for bittorrent downloading.

Best site for searching for torrents (IMHO) is The Pirate Bay.

If you're worried about getting a virus, but don't have an extra computer laying around, I'd recommend getting the free VMWare Player and find a Windows 98 image that it can run. It's basically like running another computer within your computer, but if that O/S gets hit by a virus all you have to do is copy back over the original version on that Windows 98 image and you're back to square 1.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by texaschristian View Post
    Use a dedicated computer for file sharing... run Windows 98 or earlier... viruses don't target it
    Congratulations, this garbage is the most ignorant thing I've read today.

Almost every single W32 variant, Generic Trojan downloading, sdbot, spyware bootloading, p2p hacking, layered service provider piece of junk on the net right now still infects Windows 98....

Your advice is tantamount to asking someone to rub small pox pus on an open wound to prevent getting the cow pox.

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

^^ lol right.. if you're really worried about viruses, run Linux or BeOS.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

Okay, so if you use uTorrent, how do you download music?
    We have been totally fucked by the machine

Search for the band on a tracker website such as The Pirate Bay

generally, torrents will be for entire albums or discography's rather than individual tracks

Limewire? LOL
    utorrent + btjunkie.org

What's the best place to get individual files, not entire torrents?
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Honestly, a decent search on http://www.alltheweb.com/?cat=mp3&cs...&_sb_lang=pref
    can find most music. Something is always hosted somewhere, by someone. That's my philosophy. Free flow of information...

"The essence of the Liberal outlook lies not in what opinions are held, but in how they are held: instead of being held dogmatically, they are held tentatively, and with a consciousness that new evidence may at any moment lead to their abandonment."

-Bertrand Russell

I received positive rep for extreme sarcasm from a person who thought I was serious ... please look up Poe's Law

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yeah nk about the limewire guys -- but the people who need this information are those people still using it...

the google search part is pretty cool - there are quite a few 'fake' ftp sites that come up. it does work out to nearly 'music on demand' though, and bit-torrent isn't so good for that type of thing (who wants the complete discography of W.A.R.? just give me Low Rider)
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Okaaaaaaaaay.....

So I now have uTorrent.

I searched for a group on AllTheWeb and found some songs I want.

When I try to download the mp3 it says "invalid torrent file!"

???
    We have been totally fucked by the machine

Quote Originally Posted by Kade View Post
    Congratulations, this garbage is the most ignorant thing I've read today.

Almost every single W32 variant, Generic Trojan downloading, sdbot, spyware bootloading, p2p hacking, layered service provider piece of junk on the net right now still infects Windows 98....

Your advice is tantamount to asking someone to rub small pox pus on an open wound to prevent getting the cow pox.

We don't need this type of trash here. This could easily been written in a constructive manner.
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

Quote Originally Posted by hard@work View Post
    We don't need this type of trash here. This could easily been written in a constructive manner.
    MAYBE, If you consider that over 90% of all spam comes from zombie machines(running Window$). The only way to secure a Win box is to remove it from the web. Most people haven't the foggiest idea of computer security. The advice given was a invitation to trouble.
    Could it have been worded better? Maybe, but it was accurate.
    I quit using microsoft because of the Spyware, malware and virus problems.
    I am free of that nightmare.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Man I hate torrents, this is great for me, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hard@work View Post
    I have a history of being insulted by "Texas Christian", so no, not until I feel she has apologized.

-Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Kade View Post
    I have a history of being insulted by "Texas Christian", so no, not until I feel she has apologized.
    Kade, texaschristian didn't insult YOU.
    It was just bad advice.
    Most folks don't take their computer security seriously. Many think that Windows is the best there is.
    Aside from being a Ron Paul supporter, I am also a Linux advocate. I learned about it while going through Windows troubles.
    Now my box is secure and FUN.
    I have "limewire" and I use it. I don't have spyware problems.
    I don't have virus problems, I am Immune.
    Any file sharing can be a problem if you don't take your security seriously.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom