Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul has hired Doug Wead

Any idea when this will be substantiated and details will emerge? Anyway, im just giving you a hard time with the RachelFaith comparison

EDIT: yeah i know it's Collins, but im not sure how HE would know.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    He is a blogger who wrote a series of articles on why Ron should run for president which are stickied in the forum. We like them. He was a 'shill' for George W Bush, helping him prepare for debates. He helped shape the message of the campaign. And he is a true believer, he backs Ron.
    yeah, must be nice for him to be working for a guy that actually believes all those things he taught bush to say back in 2000.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Any idea when this will be substantiated and details will emerge? Anyway, im just giving you a hard time with the RachelFaith comparison

EDIT: yeah i know it's Collins, but im not sure how HE would know.
    It will be substantiated no later than the publication of Ron Paul's 2011Q2 FEC filing, which will show Doug Wead as a paid staff person.

Quote Originally Posted by rp08orbust View Post
    It will be substantiated no later than the publication of Ron Paul's 2011Q2 FEC filing, which will show Doug Wead as a paid staff person.
    There not going to send out a press release? Doug Wead is a pretty big name in the political world

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

There not going to send out a press release?
    I have no idea.

I've given you clues.
    haha yeah I caught that :P
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Somebody please post an animated happy dance for me
    Last edited by Paulatized; 06-10-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

Is he already working with Dr. Paul, say, for the debate on Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomProsperityPeace View Post
    That was my first question but they didn't know the answer.

There not going to send out a press release? Doug Wead is a pretty big name in the political world
    Maybe that is why they aren't saying, officially, they want to make a splash at the right time with a press release.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We'll all have a good laugh when they let me reveal who they are. I've given you clues.
    Yeah, we all picked up on your multiple uses of the :collins: icon on the first page of this thread. The thing is, a lot of people here don't consider that a "credible source."

This does raise an interesting question about RachelFaith: If she knows the inner workings of all the campaigns, including Ron's, like she claims to, then she should have known about the Doug Wead hire before this. So either she doesn't know as much about the campaign as she claims to, or she's deliberately withholding positive news.

Another interesting fact is that I remember her dismissing Doug Wead as "just some guy with a blog" in one of the threads about the RonPaulNation PAC where I proposed the idea of the PAC hiring Doug in early May, though I can't find the post at the moment.

DW is great for Iowa, given the demographics.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomProsperityPeace View Post
    Apparently not, from Ron's comments on John King, but he might not know what routine they have planned for him, if they have one.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Apparently not, from Ron's comments on John King, but he might not know what routine they have planned for him, if they have one.
    Why do you say that? Because he didn't mention Doug Wead when he was asked about how he would prepare for the debate? I don't think political candidates normally announce who their debate coaches are.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    who is this guy and how can he impact the campaign positively if he gets hired?

if you want to answer, feel free to answer only the second question, which is the one i'm more interested in.
    You *really* need to watch "For LIberty."

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    You *really* need to watch "For LIberty."
    I guess I have a bad memory because I did watch it.
    Last edited by low preference guy; 06-10-2011 at 05:43 PM.

For those of you who do not know who he is, he is a former HW Bush adviser.

http://www.dougwead.com/

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess I have a bad memory because I did watched it.
    He and Tom Woods are interviewed about the Paul vs Giuliani showdown in the early debate.

I guess I have a bad memory because I did watch it.
    HAng on a second then, and I'll give you the time stamp to watch his part again.

'They know in their hearts he's absolutely right' - I've always liked him from the doc. Now I know who he is. This is phenomenal if true!!!!!!

If this is the case it should be very, very good news. Wead is about the best advisor he could have hired at this point I think in terms of an overall strategy in message mangement and campaign tactics.

Talk about being a "shill" with Bush Sr.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIcIkoOwp7s#t=12m54s

"Talking about things that really matter..."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIcIkoOwp7s#t=20m24s

"What was sparked by Ron Paul is not finished...it's ongoing"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIcIkoOwp7s#t=01h47m47s
    Last edited by AdamT; 06-10-2011 at 06:08 PM.
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

This is good news! I hope they hire Tom Woods as an economic advisor and for debate prep team.

Dr. Paul has never struck me as the type who just does what someone tells him to do. I would imagine whether debate prep is going on depends upon Ron Paul.

I sincerely hope it is though.

That, coupled with what he did at the Faith and Freedom Coalition, makes me feel like we are cookin' with gas in this new campaign. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...aith-Coalition

Whoever in the campaign is making this stuff happen, my hat is off to you guys!
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 06-10-2011 at 06:12 PM.

That part was made extremely well.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL! Looks like the expert weighed in. (Do you have that memorized ? )

I still can't believe we didn't win.
    Last edited by angelatc; 06-10-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    LOL! Looks like the expert weighed in.
    I still can't believe we didn't win.
    Win what? Was there a straw poll?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Dr. Paul has never struck me as the type who just does what someone tells him to do. I would imagine whether debate prep is going on depends upon Ron Paul.
    Conspiracy theories aside, I think that most presidents don't always do exactly what someone else tells them to do, but the great ones know when to listen,

Adam, you did such a great job on that. Seriously.

I still can hardly stand to look at Giuliani. But, watching that again reminds me of the character and mettle of the man we are supporting for President. Unbelievable.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast