Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul has hired Doug Wead

Ron Paul has hired Doug Wead

I've heard from a credible source that the Ron Paul 2012 campaign has hired Doug Wead as a campaign adviser.

:collins:
    Last edited by rp08orbust; 06-10-2011 at 02:35 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Any more info? In what role? When will there be an official announcement?
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

Gee, come on tell us. This is fantasic news if true.

The person who asked me to post this didn't give me any more details. :collins:

Yay! *1up!* Each day we're getting closer!

God I hope so..
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I approve of this move, hopefully it is true.

who is this guy and how can he impact the campaign positively if he gets hired?

if you want to answer, feel free to answer only the second question, which is the one i'm more interested in.

OHHHH Please tell me Mr, Wead and Dr. Paul are going to be mock debating all weekend!!

You pulled a RacheFaith!
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post

if you want to answer, feel free to answer only the second question, which is the one i'm more interested in.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Wead

He has lots of experience, connections, and credibility.
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

Here is an excerpt from his wiki:
    Wead was an active behind-the-scenes player in the 2000 United States presidential election, receiving some credit for George W. Bush's victory in the Iowa straw polls of 1999.[9] From 1984 to 2000, he served as an on-and-off adviser to both presidents George H. W. Bush and George W. Bush.

Time magazine called Wead an insider in the Bush family orbit and "the man who coined the phrase 'Compassionate Conservative.'"[10] George W. Bush first picked up the term “Compassionate Conservative” in 1987 from Wead.[11] In 1979, Wead gave a speech titled “The Compassionate Conservative” at the annual Charity Awards Dinner, and tapes of the speech were later sold across the country at corporate seminars.[12]

In March 2008, Wead helped create the website Religious Freedom In America,[13] focusing on government threats to religious observance

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    You pulled a RacheFaith!
    Not really. I asked the source to post the news to RPF themselves, but they insisted I do it. It was an odd request, but I guarantee they are who they say they are and it is someone everyone knows and trusts.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    You pulled a RacheFaith!

I didnt see him treat anybody poorly and he went straight to the point and clearly spelled out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

OMG yes!
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

dang. he even has a wikipedia page? i didn't not look up or laziness, i didn't knew he had a page.

anyway, thanks for the responses.

dang. he even has a wikipedia page? i didn't not look up or laziness, i didn't knew he had a page.

anyway, thanks for the responses.
    yeah, also IIRC he was instrumental in Dr. Paul receiving that big charity award somewhat recently.

In 1992, Wead was the Republican candidate for U.S. Congress in Arizona's 6th Congressional District. Despite having lived in Arizona for only a few years, Wead won the Republican nomination after championing a tax limitation initiative and airing a television commercial featuring praise by former President Ronald Reagan for his humanitarian efforts.[6] However, the Democratic nominee, Karan English, received the endorsement of former Arizona Senator and 1964 Republican presidential nominee Barry Goldwater who thought Wead was out of touch with Arizona because of his relatively brief residency in the state — two years to English's 22. Wead countered that Goldwater's support of abortion rights spurred the unexpected crossing of party lines.[7] He ended up losing in the general election to English.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Wead

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    yeah, also IIRC he was instrumental in Dr. Paul receiving that big charity award somewhat recently.
    i found the tape recording without permission creepy, but i hope Ron's judgement is correct.

The most recent posts on his blog are a good read.

http://dougwead.wordpress.com/

Most of all, Ron Paul still remembers the U.S. constitution and he knows it by heart. And believes in it. You can’t say that about Barack Obama or any of the other Republican candidates. There are the candidates and then there is Ron Paul. He stands alone.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    OMG yes!

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I hope your credible source is correct.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

He is a blogger who wrote a series of articles on why Ron should run for president which are stickied in the forum. We like them. He was a 'shill' for George W Bush, helping him prepare for debates. He helped shape the message of the campaign. And he is a true believer, he backs Ron.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Yay!!!
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I hope your credible source is correct.
    We'll all have a good laugh when they let me reveal who they are. I've given you clues.

I actually heard the news from someone else earlier in the week. They didn't say one way or the other whether I should share the information, so I kept it to myself.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast