The government says there was no conspiracy to kill a critic of the government so the government must be trusted because the government is too incompetent to cover up a conspiracy. Too bad Joseph Stalin never thought of that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13709515

Attorney general rules against Dr David Kelly inquest
David Kelly Dr Kelly was the source of a BBC report casting doubt on government claims about Iraq's weapons
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

* Doctors lobby PM on Kelly inquest
* New call for David Kelly inquest
* Key points: The Hutton report

The attorney general has said he will not order an inquest into the death of government scientist Dr David Kelly.

Dominic Grieve said the evidence he killed himself was "overwhelmingly strong" and he had seen nothing to support allegations he was murdered.

Dr Kelly, who was at the centre of a row between the BBC and Labour government over Iraq intelligence, was found dead in 2003.

The inquest was suspended as the Hutton inquiry investigated his death.

Mr Grieve said the Hutton inquiry, which ruled the scientist had committed suicide, was "tantamount to an inquest" and there was not sufficient evidence to warrant a further hearing.

"There is no basis on which the High Court could possibly order an inquest. It would be dismissed...with what I would assume would be a certain amount of irritation," he told MPs.
'Not murdered'

Dr Kelly's body was found in woods near his home in Oxfordshire, after he was exposed as the source of a controversial BBC report casting doubt on the government's claim that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction capable of being fired within 45 minutes.

Lord Hutton's report in 2004 concluded that Dr Kelly had killed himself by cutting an artery in his wrist but a group of doctors argue there was insufficient evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt he killed himself.

Mr Grieve told MPs: "Having given all the material that's been sent to me the most careful consideration, I've concluded that the evidence that Dr Kelly took his own life is overwhelmingly strong.

"Further, there is nothing I've seen that supports any allegation that Dr Kelly was murdered or that his death was the subject of any kind of conspiracy or cover up."

But the group of doctors, led by Dr Stephen Frost, accused the government of being "complicit in a determined and concerted cover-up". They will now seek a judicial review of Mr Grieve's decision.