Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iowa report online poll Iowa residents only -- Ron Paul tied for 2d w/ likely caucus goers

Iowa report online poll Iowa residents only -- Ron Paul tied for 2d w/ likely caucus goers

If you are from Iowa you can vote in the next round of polling, here:

http://www.2012iowareport.com/
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These numbers are outstanding -- only 1% from 1st!

I hope this poll reflects reality.
    Last edited by tremendoustie; 06-09-2011 at 01:33 AM.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

He was lower with all voting, but still ok, but higher with caucus goers. A bunch responding apparently had no intention of going to the caucus.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

The type of people who do go to caucuses very fervently support whoever they do. Do not get discouraged by polls that show Ron Paul losing to people like Romney and Cain because 9% of support in the polls translates to a lot more support in the caucuses and conventions.

If Sarah Palin doesn't run, RP could be in first. And winning Ames will help too.

Sarah Palin should NOT run.

If she's not running, then we'll only have to deal with Herman, Mitt, and Michele for Iowa. So, if we work hard enough . RP will be able to pull something off.

Yesterday I heard Eric Erickson (Redstate.com) say that he was surprised at how well Ron Paul is running his campaign this time around, that Ron has got some great campaign managers and is sending out some great emails.

Not bad, coming from a neocon...

i shared the link on the Iowa for Ron Paul FB group

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Lightbulb If I had to bet on Palin...

Quote Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
    If Sarah Palin doesn't run, RP could be in first. And winning Ames will help too.
    I think the odds are she does not run for President. Say 60~65% chance against her running; hopefully I'm right. People think she will because of her campaign-like schedule these days, but she has continued to grow funding for her PAC and has not filed for a PEC. I believe this is intentional so that she can use the more relax guidelines of a PAC and wield power over whichever candidate she wants along the way. She'll keep the Fox News job and set her sites for 2016; her people are telling her that is going to be a better year for her chances because they assume Obama gets re-elected regardless. We here all know the economy will likely erode Obama's numbers everyday until the election.

Bachmann is very strong in Iowa as is Pawlenty. Apparently that 'neighbor' bit keeps them both in the headlines pretty effectively. And Bachmann and Cain have been visiting the local tea party groups since January, at least. We have a good shot, but it sure isn't going to be a cakewalk.

Caucuses benefit us because it favors the strong grassroots candidates. I will say that Ron Paul will do 5-10% better in Caucus than a primary. I wish the polls in Iowa were polls of Caucus goers instead of likely voters. They would be much more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    He was lower with all voting, but still ok, but higher with caucus goers. A bunch responding apparently had no intention of going to the caucus.
    That's the way it usually is with caucuses. This is a great poll!
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    Caucuses benefit us because it favors the strong grassroots candidates. I will say that Ron Paul will do 5-10% better in Caucus than a primary. I wish the polls in Iowa were polls of Caucus goers instead of likely voters. They would be much more accurate.
    Yeah but Bachmann Cain and Pawlenty are going for the activist grass roots, too.

Yeah but Bachmann Cain and Pawlenty are going for the activist grass roots, too.
    They'll never get it like we do, though. Not even close. We can only pull ahead from here. We have to make a full-out effort in Iowa to win the caucus. Our chances are looking very good right now. If we pull that off, there's no telling what would happen in the other states. If we win Iowa, I think Nevada would be another likely win.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

You guys are confusing me. Isn't this an online poll?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Also, is it scientific?
    I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Aldanga View Post
    Also, is it scientific?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    You guys are confusing me. Isn't this an online poll?

No, and no, but it is Iowa residents only, and caucus goers and straw poll attendees tend to be more activist and likely to be drawn to this kind of poll. I'm not saying it is scientific, but that it is of Iowans, only, and broke down those likely to attend the caucus and those not, with interesting results, made it worth looking at I thought.

It is interesting, but we shouldn't allow it to make us ease up in our efforts. We only have 2 months before the straw poll. We must win it.
    I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson

Not sure how scientific this poll is, but I like it.

Says not all respondents will get to the straw poll/caucuses, but shows RP supporters are out there.

Key is to get them to the straw poll/caucuses as is being discussed in various threads.

Romney will be tough to beat given money and organization, but 2nd is key in the straw poll and caucuses.

That will get a lot of people seriously considering RP.

I see Romney fading like he did last election - and this time Romneycare is a bigger deal.

I doubt Palin will run, but she can make any candidate a front runner given her mindless supporters on Fox.

Since Palin is religious right and a neocon warmonger, I can't see he getting behind RP. Just hope she does not rip him too much on Fox.

The focus needs to be the economy where RP is the strongest and while I don't like it happening as it is, the economy going further into the dumps will help RP.

Glad to see Palin and Bachmann feuding. Their supporters overlap a bit, and I would love to see Palin's supporters spread out over a bunch of candidates as opposed to one.

Iowa is a very conservative christian state. If RP can get 2nd to a Mormon the straw poll (RP could win, but Romney has so my money and organization and did it last time) and 2nd in the caucuses, this will mean a lot for a tough christian states like SC where RP is not polling well.

Easy for RP to pivot away from religion in NH and NV.

What really surprised me last election was how RP did not do better in NH. I expect Romney to get a lot support there due to it being next to Mass. and him practically living there lately.

RP needs a 2nd in NH because I don't see him doing well in SC given polling, unless doing well in IA and NH changes views there.

A win in NV would be great. That's one state where the grassroots is really strong and could make it happen.

This makes RP a front runner. I see Romney fading but hanging in their due to his cash.

Note how McCain came out of nowhere last election. Did not participate in IA, big bump in NH and Fox got behind him when he had been dead weight with no money.

The key is to watch out for the next McCain that Fox will Trump. Could be any candidate as nobody expected it rorm McCain.

Could Fox get behind RP? Very doubtful unless he starts off very strong and the economy is really in the dumps and the whole election focuses on that.

But wasn't Ron pulled from the debate right before the election, despite doing better than Guiliani, sending a huge, late, signal? I wasn't tracking him then, but that is what I have read since.

Yep. Fox News removed him from the debate that was the night before the primary. The NH Republican Party removed their sponsorship of the debate because of the actions Fox News.

Yep. Fox News removed him from the debate that was the night before the primary. The NH Republican Party removed their sponsorship of the debate because of the actions Fox News.
    And wasn't it the day before that primary that Reason's folks ( per something circulating on the internet) spurred the New Republic article of the long debunked newsletter story, leaving no time to effectively respond as Ron was traveling around the state?

And wasn't it the day before that primary that Reason's folks ( per something circulating on the internet) spurred the New Republic article of the long debunked newsletter story, leaving no time to effectively respond as Ron was traveling around the state?
    Not sure but I remember it was our supposed buddy Tucker Carlson that made the expose the night before the primary on MSNBC. After that, I was surprised to see him allowed to emcee the Rally for the Republic.
    Last edited by FSP-Rebel; 06-09-2011 at 10:28 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's why we need those boots on the ground out there in Iowa. Out of staters can join in on the canvassing. Any carpools planned?

I honestly don't remember, but what I'm finding is that the rehashing of the story came from the New Republic (the title has since disappeared from their site, but the article remains) at midnight on the day of the primary, not Reason.

Code:
    hxxp://www.tnr.com/article/politics/deleted-1

This is an online poll, a domain in which we routinely dominate, so these numbers are certainly skewed a great deal. I would cut that number in half, at LEAST.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

I honestly don't remember, but what I'm finding is that the rehashing of the story came from the New Republic (the title has since disappeared from their site, but the article remains) at midnight on the day of the primary, not Reason.

Code:
    hxxp://www.tnr.com/article/politics/deleted-1
    According to a post that gave names and details it started with a conference call including Reason to give the tip to the New Republic... not with the debunking parts, of course. http://formerbeltwaywonk.wordpress.c...mear-campaign/
    Last edited by sailingaway; 06-09-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Fascinating. Thanks for the link. I remembered hearing that stuff, and I probably read it, but it's been so long that I couldn't remember what the sources were.

Reason has not been on my happy list for quite some time. I don't trust Welch or Gillespie. As for the others, I don't know where I stand.

This is very encouraging and a much better starting point than last time. Last time around it was still "who is Ron Paul" now his name recognition is way up there and folks are taking him very seriously. He'll have the cash to put out the commercials in the early states and is already getting paid staff on the ground to add to his army of support. He had none of this last time, especially the poll numbers. The establishment has to be very seriously considering their next move...ala Rick Perry???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast