Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Thinks Every Future Money Bomb Should be Centered Against an Opposing Candidate?

Thumbs up Who Thinks Every Future Money Bomb Should be Centered Against an Opposing Candidate?

Round 1: The Revolution vs. RomneyCare (Mitt Romney)
    Round 2: The Revolution vs. the Federal Reserve (Herman Cain)
    Round 3: The Revolution vs. Adultery (Newt Gingrich)
    Round 4: The Revolution vs. the Global Warmists (Tim Pawlenty)
    Round 5: The Revolution vs. the Ditz (Sarah Palin)

Or whatever works best against each candidate. Or one can be "vs. TARP", which is basically all of them.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No..
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

I don't consider this to be a bad idea but perhaps would leave anyone that ISN'T ALREADY a RP supporter with a bad taste in their mouth. I'd hate for him to be labeled the jerk of the race.

With that said I thought "Revolution vs. Romneycare" was a distasteful idea at first- but seems to be catching more press this way so I've changed my mind.

Round 6: The Revolution vs. The Cursers (Bachmann)

I like a "No More Bailouts" moneybomb theme

I don't think this idea captures the spirit of the campaign at ALL, and rise in opposition to it.

I think Romney is fair game but we want to pick up supporters of others as they drop out, so I don't know. Plus Ron will actually ELEVATE their name recognition (except Gingrich and Palin, and we are MOST likely to pick up some of Palin's if she doesn't run.) I'd say we supporters should take on the lesser lights, for now.

I do agree that an anti-tarp one at somepoint would open the door to supporter made video ads showing ALL the others (whichever are still standing) except Bachmann supporting TARP.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 06-05-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    No..
    Why? It beats the hell out of Guy Fawkes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractal_Outlook View Post
    I don't think this idea captures the spirit of the campaign at ALL, and rise in opposition to it.
    But Ron Paul's campaign apparently thought it worthy enough to unilaterally make it the theme for today, even though it was supposed to be "legalize gold and silver."
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 06-05-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Great idea
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Only candidates that are clearly ahead like Mitt Romney. Anyone else would be acknowledging that they actually exist, and that is what you want to avoid. A candidate needs to present the IMAGE to the people that they are a front runner, and it will work wonders. In this case, the RP campaign is saying we are close behind Romney and there is nothing in between.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

the only reason Romneycare was targeted, is because frankly, it's the only potential competition to the Champions of the Constitution at this given time.

Obviously if the money bombs are going to be every month, it should be either an Independence Day Money bomb, or with the Ames Straw Poll around the corner, it should be an Iowa Projects Money Bomb (Link). That gives them an extra push for Ames 30+ days before the event.

They're going to need the money and I'm sure that is going to be the next major focus!
    Last edited by civusamericanus; 06-05-2011 at 08:08 PM.
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

+ This! Imo, give the grassroots a month and a half and we could break all records.

Quote Originally Posted by R3volutionJedi View Post
    Attack ideas, not candidates.
    this is Ron.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The other candidates are phony double talkers that deserve to be exposed. Fox News and the neo-con radio hosts sure aren't telling the truth about them. I don't see it as "attacking", I see it as informing the public about who these people really are.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaNY View Post
    The other candidates are phony double talkers that deserve to be exposed. Fox News and the neo-con radio hosts sure aren't telling the truth about them. I don't see it as "attacking", I see it as informing the public about who these people really are.
    I just think that is our place, and perhaps the place of ads if they are like Rand's, not like Conway's. But WE can take the others down. And once Ron is attacked, it would be different.

I think we need some time until the next effort. The "Iowa Projects" idea should be the next money bomb focus. Could be a week-long thing.

There aren't too many people deciding between Ron Paul and Romney. Romney is not well liked by the tea party conservatives, and people who might be supporting Palin or Bachmann likely appreciate the attacking of Romney.

It also says "Round 1". Ron may trying to position himself as "antiRomney". The Conservative opponent of the Establishment RINO Romney. Many think that it'll boil down in the end to a tea party Conservative vs an establishment RINO.

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    Only candidates that are clearly ahead like Mitt Romney. Anyone else would be acknowledging that they actually exist, and that is what you want to avoid. A candidate needs to present the IMAGE to the people that they are a front runner, and it will work wonders. In this case, the RP campaign is saying we are close behind Romney and there is nothing in between.
    Last edited by parocks; 06-05-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I just think that is our place, and perhaps the place of ads if they are like Rand's, not like Conway's. But WE can take the others down. And once Ron is attacked, it would be different.
    That's what I meant SA. I certainly don't want Ron or the campaign to come off as being negative. Someone here suggested starting a grassroots pac for ads, maybe we could do something like that.

I think having an opposing candidate, especially the way they've done the graphic for this one, is a terrible idea. The current bomb's graphic is vs. Mitt Romney, and the problem with that is the media is going to (or, at the very least the campaign has provided perfect ammo for them to be able to) have a field day berating Paul now because he comes no where close to Romney's fundraising abilities. If the future themes are simply 'Ron Paul vs any bad idea espoused by one of the candidates,' without mentioning another candidates name, let alone pasting their picture across from Ron, then that's one thing. But having it the way this one was done is just a bad idea, IMO.

Too adversarial, I'd be afraid it would isolate our efforts; besides focusing on weak opponents may make for weak money bombs. (IE: Pawlenty isn't worth even a $100,000 money bomb; he defeats himself.)

We should use efforts like combating THE Issues; like today was originally for sound money (good but not mainframe enough for every voter).

Round 2: The Revolution Against Wars in the Middle East
    Round 3: The Revolution Against Foreign Aid

I think this way we are fighting for our cause and for the cause of potential voters who do not yet know Ron Paul well enough.

I agree with "mit26chell". Plus why give Romney (even bad) face time for free?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My husband, who is a little more distanced from all this than I am, said he was totally impressed that Ron was going after frontrunner Romney while paying no attention to the also-runnings.

We have a noticeable lack of good ideas for the September/October time period. I think we should have a good push to end Q3 for Ron Paul's quarterly reporting (end of September). I think we could implicitly call out candidates while also generating mainstream GOP interest in Ron Paul by going with this "No More Bailouts" theme.

From Wikipedia:

In a dramatic meeting on September 18, 2008, Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke met with key legislators to propose a $700 billion emergency bailout. Bernanke reportedly told them: "If we don't do this, we may not have an economy on Monday."[154] The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act, which implemented the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP), was signed into law on October 3, 2008.[155]
    How does September 18th sound for a "No More Bailouts" moneybomb?
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

How about another Boston Tea Party money bomb?

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    We have a noticeable lack of good ideas for the September/October time period. I think we should have a good push to end Q3 for Ron Paul's quarterly reporting (end of September). I think we could implicitly call out candidates while also generating mainstream GOP interest in Ron Paul by going with this "No More Bailouts" theme.

From Wikipedia:

How does September 18th sound for a "No More Bailouts" moneybomb?
    I really like this-- we can pull in a lot of interest on such mainstream themes like this.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

But Ron Paul's campaign apparently thought it worthy enough to unilaterally make it the theme for today, even though it was supposed to be "legalize gold and silver."
    They were dealing with what they were given... it wasn't a great idea to begin with... neither was legalize gold and silver.

Heading towards a "fight" with these idiots won't help, I don't think. People want to believe in something... someone with solutions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast