Thread: If We Can Raise $1 Mil With Such Short Notice, Imagine if We Had More Time to Promote it!

If We Can Raise $1 Mil With Such Short Notice, Imagine if We Had More Time to Promote it!

The problem with the June 5th money bomb was that first, we only had a week to promote it and second, that people lacked the drive to promote it. People were fighting about the date and whether we should even have it at all. Only when the campaign sent out an email did everyone finally get on board with it, half heartedly I might add. Even though the campaign officially set this date, enthusiasm for it was lacking. As a result, I saw hardly any promotion on the forums for it, maybe only a couple threads, which is absolutely horrible. The biggest promoter I saw on the board was afwjam, so congratulations to him!

Imagine though if we actually took the initiative this time around and started promoting the next bomb much earlier instead of waiting to the last minute. If we can raise $1 million dollars without even trying, imagine what we could do if everybody got behind the next date immediately and did their part in promoting it for the entire month. For this to happen, everybody needs to utilize the fundraising board. That board has been dead empty since it was created, when really it could be used for so much more, including posting promotion techniques for the next big bomb.

People seem to complain that the money bombs are so close together, but if I remember correctly both the November 5th and December 16th money bombs were very close together and both were highly successful. I think what it really comes down to is the lack of time, lack of dedication to the date and people's lack of enthusiasm for promoting these things. I seem to remember many many threads on this board in 2007 encouraging promotion of the 5th and 16th. This money bomb lacked that same drive from the grassroots and it still became successful. We could do so much more if only people joined in early enough and did everything they could. The energy we see in the forum right now is what we needed a week ago when we started to spread it around.

Let's utilize the entire next month to spread the next date through Facebook, Youtube, forum posts, etc... Eveyone needs to get behind this and do their part. There needs to be enthusiam in the air and not a dead fundraising board. This needs to start happening today! The time to start planning and promotion is now, not three weeks from now. This will help encourage the next big day.

In my opinion we have two money bomb dates, July 4th and the 19th. That's too close together in my opinion, so they should be merged into one date and the theme should remain Ready Aims Fire! We need to get on this now!
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 06-05-2011 at 11:42 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Deleted
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 06-05-2011 at 10:55 PM.

completely agree! We really need to make Ready, Ames, Fire! HUGE!

I suspect we will see some big money come fall.
    Terminus tela viaticus!

Should be:
    Ready, Ames, Fire! July 19th
    Ron Paul Birthday bomb August 20th
    Constitution day bomb Sep 17th
    Guy Fawkes day bomb Nov 5th
    Tea party bomb Dec 16th

What do you think?

Ready, Ames, Fire! July 19th+
    Ron Paul Birthday bomb August 20th+
    Constitution day bomb Sep 17th+
    Guy Fawkes day bomb Nov 5th-
    Tea party bomb Dec 16th+
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What about the July 4th MB? I hope that one just gets the axe and we can have the undivided attention focused on July 19th. I will be doing a write up on some techniques for promoting the moneybomb later on.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    What about the July 4th MB? I hope that one just gets the axe and we can have the undivided attention focused on July 19th. I will be doing a write up on some techniques for promoting the moneybomb later on.
    I think we need an Operation Iowa running campaign, to get the Iowa projects fully funded for Ames http://iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php

I updated the original post with my opinion on the next money bomb date.

Is it just me or the promotion by the grassroots isn't as big as it was 3 years ago?

Why bother reinventing the wheel? Lets just have another Boston Tea Party money bomb. This would bring a lot of press.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergie Bergeron View Post
    Is it just me or the promotion by the grassroots isn't as big as it was 3 years ago?
    This is actually bigger. The grassroots was not as big or as organized back then as it is now.