Thread: MI - Woman Says Michigan Police Shot Her Innocent Dog

Exclamation MI - Woman Says Michigan Police Shot Her Innocent Dog

Tell me, AndrewD, was this woman's day made better, or worse, by calling 911 and Officer Friendly?

Woman Says Michigan Police Shot Her Innocent Dog

June 4, 2011

http://www.officer.com/news/10279314...r-innocent-dog

PONTIAC, Mich. -- A Pontiac woman said police shot her dog in an attempt to stop another dog from attacking it.

Rebecca Model said her 6-year-old mixed-breed dog, Ginger, was being attacked by a pit bull that Pontiac police got involved and fired a shot, hitting her dog instead of the pit bull.

Model said she had to have Ginger euthanized due to the gunshot wound.

The pit bull, which belongs to Model's daughter and boyfriend who were visiting from Missouri, bit Model in the leg and tried to attack her fiance, Model said.

"I told them to take the dog across the street ... I didn't want it around here," Model said. "It was known to attack people."

She said police were called after the dog attacked her. When officers arrived, the pit bull was loose and attacking Ginger. Model said that's when they fired a shot, hitting Ginger.

"They went to shoot the (pit bull), completely missed it and shot mine," Model said. "She was a gigantic part of my family, and it is sad that she is not here."

Pontiac police said they did not intend to shoot Model's dog and that it was an awful accident.

The pit bull was at the Oakland County Animal Shelter
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yup. She shouldn't have called them.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Just another good reason to remember... DO NOT CALL THE POLICE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Jeeze.
    I am a dog owner. I have owned many over the years, and cared for other peoples from time to time.(dog sitting)
    I have owned a Pit, and a Rott. Currently have a Rott mix.
    I've known Shepherds, Dobbies and Akita's. Nice dogs all.

I have several dogs, three currently. Dogs fight sometimes (fact of life) and it is not and never is a police matter.
    Break them up. separate them. If you get bit, get medical attention.
    I have broken up countless dog fights and have never been bit doing so.But it could happen.
    My little bitty wife breaks up fights.

What the hell is wrong with people that they think calling police and waiting for them to arrive is a good idea?
    Last edited by pcosmar; 06-04-2011 at 01:42 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Maybe if she had her own gun...
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Quote Originally Posted by AGRP View Post
    Maybe if she had her own gun...
    Maybe if she owned a damn broom. and knew how to use it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Maybe if she owned a damn broom. and knew how to use it.
    Seriously couldn't the cop use his baton? Or don't many of them also have Mace?

Pick both dogs up by the sides of their heads. That takes them out of fight mode(usually). If they are big dogs take two or more people with you and prepare to be bitten.

I am a 100 lb. woman who has been breaking up dog fights since I was 5. I'm not scared to get bit, and if that lady would have been like me, her dog would still be alive.

I mean really, just what was the cop supposed to do? I don't think the fault lies with the cop this time.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    I mean really, just what was the cop supposed to do? I don't think the fault lies with the cop this time.
    I suppose not, he was just following his training, shoot enough until the situation is under control.

Just making the point, once again, that if you think the situation will not be improved by having someone show up and start thumping heads, tasering or shooting things indiscriminately, don't call the cops.

That's what I was getting at. Take some responsibilty for your property. If the boyfriend brought the dog, why didn't he break up the fight? where is his culpability in this situatuion?

Train your dogs. And thenwork them so they don't forget. Don't call the cops for a dog fight ya puss. If you're afraid of getting bit by your dog, then you shouldn't own the dog.