Thread: Sen. Paul is late to the visa issue he campaigned on

Lightbulb Sen. Paul is late to the visa issue he campaigned on

I meant to write a post on this but I too like the Senator forgot about the issue. Rand should have drafted legislation dealing with these type of immigration issues his first week in office. It would have immunized him against the war mongers on national security issues and would have made him look really prescient right now. This great position has been on his campaign website since the beginning of his campaign:

I believe our greatest national security threat is our lack of security at the border. On 9/11, 16 of 19 hijackers were here on ‘legal’ student Visas but were not in school or in the states they were supposed to be in.

Ten years later we are still not policing who we grant Visas to. We gave a Visa to a Nigerian who had made two trips to Yemen, bought a one way ticket with cash and no baggage and his dad tipped off the US Embassy that he had been radicalized.

I propose a moratorium on Visas from about ten rogue nations or anybody that has traveled to those nations. I would keep this in place until our government proves they can manage intelligently our Visa process.
    Instead it looks like he's reacting to events instead of being seen for his foresight during the campaign on the visa issue. I think his people should show the many many clips of Rand talking about visas to show his constituents that he at least anticipated this problem.

He still has a chance to lead on the tighter enforcement of visas issue and gain credibility with the majority of Americans on this issue. Better late than never.
    Last edited by Libertea Party; 06-03-2011 at 09:37 PM.
    "The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack...that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." "Attack Libya UPDATE 8/13: and Syria"

"We can track down terrorists without trampling on our civil liberties.... the federal government will only issue warrants and execute searches because it needs to, not because it can." "Need to murder UPDATE 8/13: and track citizens" ~ Barack H. Obama

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.