Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your pick for the Top 10 worst Presidents?

What is your pick for the Top 10 worst Presidents?

This is mine:

1) Abraham Lincoln
    2) Woodrow Wilson
    3) FDR
    4) LBJ
    5) Barack Obama
    6) George W Bush
    7) George H W Bush (Iraq War set the stage for blowback with 9-11)
    8) Harry Truman
    9) Jimmy Carter
    10) Richard Nixon(Yes he did end the gold standard completely and he was involved in Watergate but he makes up for it somewhat by ending the military draft)
    Last edited by dude58677; 06-02-2011 at 11:52 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No Truman????

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    No Truman????
    All right, I'll correct that in the orgiinal post.

I $#@!ing hate Teddy Roosevelt. Not only for his presidency, but because he split the vote to allow for the election of Woodrow Wilson.

Now, if I could have a special power to make a former President come alive again, I would choose Woodrow Wilson. As soon as he regains consciousness and opens his eyes, I'd blow up his brains and send him back.
    Last edited by low preference guy; 06-02-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Clinton is not really that bad. He didn't do any structural change that favors big government.

The only President who actually restrained himself from violating any individual freedoms while in office was William Henry Harrison, and that's only because he died a month into his term!
    Last edited by BuddyRey; 06-02-2011 at 05:24 PM.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    The only President who actually restrained himself from violating any individual freedoms while in office was William Henry Harrison, and that's only because he died a month into his term!
    qft! He's the only good president I can think of!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I would add Teddy and JFK to that list too (for nearly getting us killed in the CMC)

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    You may want to research before you say that... according to WikiPedia he wanted to reverse Jackson's elimination of the bank and bring back paper (fiat) currency.
    Last edited by Napoleon's Shadow; 06-02-2011 at 07:20 PM.

McKinley should be on the list, for opening the first foreign bases, and taking first colonies (Philippines, Hawaii, Puerto Rico)

maybe Reagan also, for creating the Bush dynasty; and for not fulfilling his promises such as ending draft registration. (this was a big issue in 1980)

but FDR was the worst, LBJ 2nd.
    Last edited by cindy25; 06-02-2011 at 07:22 PM.

That is a pretty darn good list. I think I would agree with Dark Knight in switching Wilson and Lincoln. Lincoln was a tyrant and is probably responsible for more American deaths than any other President, but to play devil's advocate, Wilson was knowingly in on the coup to fundamentally change everything about our economy and foreign policy. He worked with the moneychangers to become President so that he could institute income tax and the Fed. Then he fundamentally changed America's entire foreign policy forever toward dangerous interventionism. He wasn't merely a puppet, but knowingly worked WITH the evil conspirators and insiders to change America and set it up to be controlled by secret combinations from then on.

Didn't the Income Tax, and the Federal Reserve Bank both come into existence under Woodrow Wilson? I really don't see how you can get worse than that. He might take the top spot with either of them alone, but both together takes the cake.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamse7en View Post
    That is a pretty darn good list. I think I would agree with Dark Knight in switching Wilson and Lincoln. Lincoln was a tyrant and is probably responsible for more American deaths than any other President, but to play devil's advocate, Wilson was knowingly in on the coup to fundamentally change everything about our economy and foreign policy. He worked with the moneychangers to become President so that he could institute income tax and the Fed. Then he fundamentally changed America's entire foreign policy forever toward dangerous interventionism. He wasn't merely a puppet, but knowingly worked WITH the evil conspirators and insiders to change America and set it up to be controlled by secret combinations from then on.
    See what I mean.

Lincoln as the worst, followed closely by Wilson. Rounding out the top 5 would probably be FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, and LBJ.

I think we need a few more years to really get a good idea of the aftermath of Bush Jr and Obama, but both will clearly make a run for the top 5 in worst.

As for good (in chronological order): Washington, Jefferson, Jackson, Cleveland, and Coolidge.

I'll take a crack at it

1: Wilson
    2: Lincoln
    3: FDR
    4: Roosevelt
    5: LBJ
    6: Adams
    7: Bush
    8: Truman
    9: Nixon
    10: Hoover

Obama will soon be joining them. There have been so many bad presidents that it almost doesn't make a difference after you go through bottom few.
    Last edited by Cutlerzzz; 06-02-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon's Shadow View Post
    You may want to research before you say that... according to WikiPedia he wanted to reverse Jackson's elimination of the bank and bring back paper (fiat) currency.
    But the key phrase is "wanted to." I know he would have been an atrocious President had he lived long enough, but he didn't have any time to mess up the country, hence my joke that he's the greatest President ever.
    Last edited by BuddyRey; 06-02-2011 at 08:19 PM.
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Worst
    1. Wilson
    2. FDR
    3. Lincoln
    4. LBJ
    5. Truman
    6. McKinley
    7. Bush, Sr.
    8. Reagan
    9. W
    10. Barry

Best
    1. Harrison (by default)
    2.Coolidge
    3. Cleveland
    4. Jefferson
    5. Jackson
    6. Washington
    7. JFK (really high, I know. he began to move against the Fed before the CIA killed him. also he refused to authorize Operation Northwoods)
    8. Madison
    9. Polk
    10. <can't think of anybody else>
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

I don't see how Lincoln is ahead of Wilson or FDR. Lincoln in comparison to today's politicians would be classified as far right.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    I don't see how Lincoln is ahead of Wilson or FDR. Lincoln in comparison to today's politicians would be classified as far right.
    More dead Americans than any other president, states rights would never recover, no freedom of speech or freedom of press was permitted, gun ownership was threatened, tariffs were raised to all time highs, the first income tax was implemented, excise taxes were used, national banking acts were established, a huge amount of debt was accumulated, the inflation caused some economic instability for another decade, the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court may have had a warrant for his arrest issued, the first federal draft was implemented, civilians were intentionally targeted by the government, and his entire war was undeclared.

That is all Lincoln. He is easily as bad as the other two, possibly worse. Wilson, Lincoln, and FDR are the big three as far as I'm concerned.

My most hated:

1. Wilson
    2. FDR
    3. LBJ
    4. Lincoln
    5. Obama
    6. GWB
    7. Nixon
    8. Truman

My favorites:
    1. Coolidge
    2. Jefferson
    3. Van Buren
    4. Cleveland
    5. Jackson
    6. Jefferson
    7. Washington
    8. Madison

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I actually do not buy into the Lincoln hate as strongly as many of you do. I think he sucked, but we've also had worse presidents.

I would put FDR at the very top of the list. I don't think anyone else had as lasting and significant an impact in limiting our freedoms and screwing the country. A big part of it was his Supreme Court stacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophage View Post
    I actually do not buy into the Lincoln hate as strongly as many of you do. I think he sucked, but we've also had worse presidents.

I would put FDR at the very top of the list. I don't think anyone else had as lasting and significant an impact in limiting our freedoms and screwing the country. A big part of it was his Supreme Court stacking.
    Except for Wilson you are correct.

Was is there so much hatred for Lincoln around here? I would think the guy responsible for ending slavery would get a little more appreciate from libertarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaser Rate View Post
    Was is there so much hatred for Lincoln around here? I would think the guy responsible for ending slavery would get a little more appreciate from libertarians.
    There's a general hatred of Lincoln by many of the Rothbardian libertarians and paleo-conservatives. It's based on some valid concerns, including the fact that he instituted the first income tax, terrorized war protesters, conscripted citizens for the first time in our history, etc. etc. But where I do not agree with the paleo-conservative types is regarding "states rights" and how Lincoln supposedly trampled them.

STATES DO NOT HAVE RIGHTS. INDIVIDUALS DO. GOVERNMENTS CANNOT HAVE RIGHTS.

That said... The CIVIL WAR was a JUST war because it ended slavery, which was an ABHORRENT practice with no place in a free society. If Virginia wanted to keep slaves, that is not okay and they deserved to get the $#@! kicked out of them for it.

Now, watch the fighting ensue...

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophage View Post
    There's a general hatred of Lincoln by many of the Rothbardian libertarians and paleo-conservatives. It's based on some valid concerns, including the fact that he instituted the first income tax, terrorized war protesters, conscripted citizens for the first time in our history, etc. etc. But where I do not agree with the paleo-conservative types is regarding "states rights" and how Lincoln supposedly trampled them.

STATES DO NOT HAVE RIGHTS. INDIVIDUALS DO. GOVERNMENTS CANNOT HAVE RIGHTS.

That said... The CIVIL WAR was a JUST war because it ended slavery, which was an ABHORRENT practice with no place in a free society. If Virginia wanted to keep slaves, that is not okay and they deserved to get the $#@! kicked out of them for it.

Now, watch the fighting ensue...
    Please watch:

Strictly permanent economic damage , I go Wilson , LBJ , Obama .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast