Thread: Update: Lastest news on the Casey Anthony murder trial

Update: Lastest news on the Casey Anthony murder trial

I have been watching this trial and the media pundit commentary.

First both sides might as well put in the third string attorneys. I am surprised such a high profile case has such under performing rookie attorneys. The prosecution almost impeached one of it's own witnesses and the defense can't make an argument to impeach a cop who makes a biased comment on facebook.

This is my sum impression of the states case: We have a body but we can't tell you exactly how the individual died. We don't have the murder weapon used. All we have is suspicious circumstances and a grossly lying young adult who doesn't know jack about jack.

Ok, I am highly suspicious of the defendant. But when I ponder over beyond a reasonable shadow of doubt... does some lying = murder? I am finding it difficult to draw this conclusion but if you listen to anyone in the media they have already condemned Casey. Actually I think it's fair to say the media has condemned the girl for the past year.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In the coming techno-fascist state, justice will be streamlined and handed out fairly by an audience of your "peers"....moderated by Nancy Grace and Frank Luntz. Envision the courtroom scene from Idiocracy.

Bubba the Love Sponge claims he's the reason for Casey Anthony's new defense

No matter how outrageous, radio "shock-jocks" have often used the platform of their own shows to express their opinions. And, Bubba the Love Sponge, whose local show originates from Tampa, Fl, proved, again, why he's one of the most infamous when he, recently, claimed it was "his" ideas that formed the basis for Casey Anthony's new line of defense.

According to Bubba, this week's revelations that Casey Anthony did not kill her daughter, Caylee, who she now claims drowned in the family swimming pool, as well as, the allegations that she was sexually abused by her Father and brother, came as no surprise to him, since he had predicted this defense during two different occasions, on his show, in 2010. To hear the actual audio, go to Bubba's fan page at

www.btls.com.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Bubba the Love Sponge claims he’s the reason for Casey Anthony’s new defense - Tampa Bay Photojournalist | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/photojournal...#ixzz1O7T3urHk

today, I have watched the media back track and moan about how things that were initially reported to them by sources were not as they have turned out....

NO $#@!! We know... that is why it's biased reporting...

Sue your sources doing the leaking for fraud and impress me

The states so called DNA evidence on the hair is non-existent. Junk science has entered the court room to illustrate a circumstance. It's pretty outrageous actually. The singular hair is evidence of absolutely nothing. The FBI might as well just sent the jury and letter and said... ya we got a hair, but it could be from anyone however here is a picture of a hair under a microscope and it looks cool...

Casey is hosed no matter what the outcome. In anything related to death in Florida the state can just charge the worst and see what sticks.
    Last edited by Live_Free_Or_Die; 06-04-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Live_Free_Or_Die View Post
    today, I have watched the media back track and moan about how things that were initially reported to them by sources were not as they have turned out....
    Oh? The yellow journalists are talking about yellowcake uranium again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I have been watching it because it is a death penalty case that is entirely circumstantial. That is highly irregular. I envision this case is going to set some precedents.

IMO Casey should have fired Jose. People on this forum make better arguments with more confidence...
    Last edited by Live_Free_Or_Die; 06-04-2011 at 09:52 AM.

I've watched it here and there because my wife has been watching the case forever.

My theory is that Casey sucked as a mom...she gave her daughter Xanax to sleep, gave her chloroform to sleep because she wanted quick and easy solutions to the burden of raising a child. I suspect that at some point her daughter was crying as kids tend to do. Casey found another easy solution to that by using duct tape over her mouth. Unfortunately this resulted in her girl suffocating and dying...

She didn't tell anyone because it was her poor parenting that caused her daughter to die. She threw her in the trunk of the car until she could figure out what to do...

From there on it was her natural lying that kicked in.

She should get manslaughter.

I am also surprised by how many people that I have met here in Florida that are such con artists and liars. Whether it's because of the poor state of the economy here or the fact that there are so many tourists that come down here and are easy targets for such people...I've met several people that lie just like Casey, at least three in the past few months. I just don't get it.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post

I am also surprised by how many people that I have met here in Florida that are such con artists and liars. Whether it's because of the poor state of the economy here or the fact that there are so many tourists that come down here and are easy targets for such people...I've met several people that lie just like Casey, at least three in the past few months. I just don't get it.
    FL is more full of crooks and criminals than almost anywhere, during the last 60 years almost everyone in SoFla is a 'real estate agent' 'broker' or 'investor' in some manner and engaged in the most crooked and sleazy deals one can imagine. I think they pride themselves in their criminal opulence. Just look at the Miami - Dade 'strong mayor' campaigns and the way the elections are run there to understand it, it doesn't take long.
    Last edited by steph3n; 06-04-2011 at 04:21 PM.

The main problem with trials such as Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson is that there is a rush to judgement and the methodology of the forensics is either poorly done or dishonest. The defendents in these trials were convicted by the media before the trial ends. Then when they get aquitted, the media then come up with excuses on why the defendent "got off".

Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    I've watched it here and there because my wife has been watching the case forever.

My theory is that Casey sucked as a mom...she gave her daughter Xanax to sleep, gave her chloroform to sleep because she wanted quick and easy solutions to the burden of raising a child. I suspect that at some point her daughter was crying as kids tend to do. Casey found another easy solution to that by using duct tape over her mouth. Unfortunately this resulted in her girl suffocating and dying...

She didn't tell anyone because it was her poor parenting that caused her daughter to die. She threw her in the trunk of the car until she could figure out what to do...

From there on it was her natural lying that kicked in.

She should get manslaughter.

I don't really have any objections to the general THEORY...

However, a theory is not evidence beyond a reasonable shadow of doubt, especially to punish someone under the death penalty.
    Controversial circumstances may be evidence of a theory but they are not evidence of a crime... just a theory.

And that is all the state has so far... circumstances and theories...

Could you personally judge someone demanding that they be murdered without evidence a heinous crime was committed beyond a reasonable shadow of doubt? I couldn't do it even if every ounce of my intuition was telling me there is something amiss, unexplained, or unresolved about the defendant.