Thread: Paul Krugman calls Rand Paul racist

Paul Krugman calls Rand Paul racist

He’s not unusual. There are genuine libertarians out there. But political figures who talk a lot about liberty and freedom invariably turn out to mean the freedom to not pay taxes and discriminate based on race; freedom to hold different ideas and express them, not so much.
    Link

There wasn't really any doubt that Krugman is an idiot, but he is even bad at pretending he isn't.
    Last edited by low preference guy; 06-01-2011 at 08:27 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This goes in media spin.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

In a perfect world there would be no Krugman, he is perhaps one of the dumbest people to have ever walked the planet. I have two dogs with more sense.

Krugman is less than an idiot. As Keynesianism becomes more obviously false, he has slipped to political pundit a la Olbermann. He is becoming positively irrelevant.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Golding

Krugman's devolution has been sad to see. He was formerly a rather sharp economist, and I'd dare say perhaps deserving of the Nobel prize he received. To see him go from that to being a petty political troll is rather pathetic.

Either way, Krugman and his ilk have been more prone to discriminate based on race, in recent times. Rand Paul merely defends Krugman's otherwise unpopular right to do so. You'd think he would be thankful...

Paul Krugman is a racist and a race-baiter.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    Link

There wasn't really any doubt that Krugman is an idiot, but he is even bad at pretending he isn't.
    This kind of distortion and deliberate misunderstanding of Paul's positions makes me cringe.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

The policies that Krugman advocates hurt minorities the most, so I would consider him the racist.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder when Krugman is taking his comedy act on the road?

why is it that some of you always brings up the bad things little worms say about Ron and Paul. Who cares what they think.

Typical left winged spin to what Rand Paul was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatwasp View Post
    why is it that some of you always brings up the bad things little worms say about Ron and Paul
    because it makes them look like idiots

who? I know its important for us to aware of everything. That's why I come here. But I really wish we could ignore the irrelevant issues. We have a super star revolution going on, people like Krugman are old news. Liberal roll their eyes at us like we're "crazy" and "out of tune". I sometimes feel like we need to do the same thing. For some reason, Americans seem to be drawn to smugness.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Link

I've seen better trolling on this and other internet forums. How the hell does this dude have a nobel prize?
    The main difference between the right and the left is that a right wing politician claims to protect your economic freedom, but does not, whereas a left wing politician claims to protect your social/personal freedom, but does not.

weak minds follow, conventional minds lead, great minds question

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom 4 all View Post
    I've seen better trolling on this and other internet forums. How the hell does this dude have a nobel prize?
    How does Obama?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom 4 all View Post
    How the hell does Obama have a Nobel Peace Prize?

It used to mean something. Now its turned into a laughingstock.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    How does Obama?
    How does Kissinger?

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    How does Obama?
    Lol, point taken. Nobel prize isn't worth $#@!. Also, check out the comments section. His echo chamber is dumber than he is.
    The main difference between the right and the left is that a right wing politician claims to protect your economic freedom, but does not, whereas a left wing politician claims to protect your social/personal freedom, but does not.

weak minds follow, conventional minds lead, great minds question

because it makes them look like idiots
    No it don't. It just inforces it. People come here will forget who said it but will say"Rand is a racist someone said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatwasp View Post
    No it don't. It just inforces it. People come here will forget who said it but will say"Rand is a racist someone said so.
    I disagree.

Would a "racist" support the legalization of drugs, which is responsible for incarcerating about one-fourth of the Black male population? (Not to mention Latino men, Black women and other minorities).

I don't get where this racist accusation comes from, but it's getting pretty old. R.P. has never uttered an offensive word about any group, be it women, minorities, religious groups or anyone else. At least not that I have heard. Unless he typed and printed those press release flyers up himself, it's null and void. Any one of us could make fake flyers and say they were created by him. (Which is probably exactly what some desperate neo-con or liberal did in a desperate attempt to defame him).

Paul Krugman is some sort of strange Frankenstein's monster; half liberal pundit, half hard-core Keynesian, who shambles about in face of reason and reality, spouting his inane views to a willing crowd of sheep.

Also, whenever someone calls Ron Paul racist, I'm simply going to trot out this video:

And ask them why I should take their word over the head of the NAACP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Microgram View Post
    Would a "racist" support the legalization of drugs, which is responsible for incarcerating about one-fourth of the Black male population? (Not to mention Latino men, Black women and other minorities).

I don't get where this racist accusation comes from, but it's getting pretty old. R.P. has never uttered an offensive word about any group, be it women, minorities, religious groups or anyone else. At least not that I have heard. Unless he typed and printed those press release flyers up himself, it's null and void. Any one of us could make fake flyers and say they were created by him. (Which is probably exactly what some desperate neo-con or liberal did in a desperate attempt to defame him).
    Not making this up, there are people out there who think that by simply being white someone is perpetuating racism; that calling for the extermination of all white people is not racist, because there is no institutional power by which to do so.

Nutty. Insane. Imbecilic. Take your pick.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.