Thread: New project donation page from official Iowa campaign! - Donate to fund different projects

New project donation page from official Iowa campaign! - Donate to fund different projects

Last edited by Jeremy; 06-01-2011 at 07:46 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    that is freaking awesome! I was hoping they'd do something like this. Until all of those project bars are full, this is where I donate my money.

Excellent. It makes it clear all what they're going to do. They're on top of all of those things. They are making it clear that they don't want out of staters for door to door. "Most importantly, this must come from fellow Iowans to create a strong bond and show that many people in Iowa support Ron Paul!" But they have something for out of staters. "out-of-state volunteers can be a tremendous help here, helping us save valuable resources." Operation: Liberty on the Line

http://iowaforronpaul.com/projects.php - good stuff, they're on top of it.

The campaign this time around seems to be leaps and bounds ahead of where it was at this time in 2007....or, for that matter, at any time in the 2008 election cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, this a great step forward and more proof that Steve is paying attention to us. Regarding the projects themselves, they seem like the standard stuff for a normal front runner. Unfortunately, RP won't be considered a front runner by many Iowans and I don't see how any of these convince new people to go to the straw poll or caucus for us. The normal straw poll and caucus attendees are going to need a lot more than a postcard to be converted. That's why the campaign needs grassroots boots on the ground knocking on doors (even if it's just non-republicans') and calling people to find supporters. The calling and canvassing expenses listed here are ridiculous (I guess most of the cost is the data). The county fairs seem like the best investment and since they're time sensitive, we better get on it. Thanks Steve!

We should be promoting these specific donations for the June 5th Moneybomb. These kinds of specific things really motivate people to donate, IMO.

If there are non iowa boots on the ground, the campaign does not want them to go door to door, and I'm not sure about phoning either. Be sure to volunteer for the official campaign if you're boots on the ground from out of state anyway. If they know they have a certain number of out of state bodies to do something, they might be able to find campaign work for the out of state bodies. I see where this is going. Oh, the campaign doesn't want me going door to door, they want me doing something pointless. Anyway, there should also be special projects that don't bump into the campaign at all. I talk about the Ames 18-24 project but there could be a number of ways to get people into a straw poll that don't involve the very things that the campaign is going to be doing. The campaign does not want (at this point) out of staters knocking on doors (that's what the campaign does) or calling. Brainstorm and find ways to get people to go to something.

If you wanted to get somebody to do something for you, what would be some ways to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Yes, this a great step forward and more proof that Steve is paying attention to us. Regarding the projects themselves, they seem like the standard stuff for a normal front runner. Unfortunately, RP won't be considered a front runner by many Iowans and I don't see how any of these convince new people to go to the straw poll or caucus for us. The normal straw poll and caucus attendees are going to need a lot more than a postcard to be converted. That's why the campaign needs grassroots boots on the ground knocking on doors (even if it's just non-republicans') and calling people to find supporters. The calling and canvassing expenses listed here are ridiculous (I guess most of the cost is the data). The county fairs seem like the best investment and since they're time sensitive, we better get on it. Thanks Steve!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by IDefendThePlatform View Post
    We should be promoting these specific donations for the June 5th Moneybomb. These kinds of specific things really motivate people to donate, IMO.

I agree.

I think more people will donate if they know the money is going to their favorite project. Also, since each of these projects top out with comparably small levels, donors will likely feel that they're playing a bigger role in any given project.

Psychologically, a $100 donation toward a five million dollar money bomb is going to feel like pretty small change, but that same $100 donation toward a project with a goal of, say, $30,000 might feel "bigger" to the donor.

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    I agree.

I think more people will donate if they know the money is going to their favorite project. Also, since each of these projects top out with comparably small levels, donors will likely feel that they're playing a bigger role in any given project.

Psychologically, a $100 donation toward a five million dollar money bomb is going to feel like pretty small change, but that same $100 donation toward a project with a goal of, say, $30,000 might feel "bigger" to the donor.
    By a similar token, I hope the campaign considers these efforts crucial enough that if they're a little short for a couple of them, but raise $5M+ with the moneybomb, they will divert just a few of those dollars to shore up the Iowa stuff.

This is good stuff. I wish we had more time till the next money bomb.

This needs to be posted in more places, I had to come to these forums to find the page...

Donated to top gun:

Amount: $15.00
    Transaction ID: 29066XXX
    Transaction date/time: 2011-06-13 16:17:16

I wish I wasn't a barely employed college student.

Made a video helping Iowa and Ron Paul.
    Let it not be said that we did nothing.
    Ron Paul 2012

shouldnt this be front page at all times??

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.