Thread: High Tide updated for 2012 in HD

High Tide updated for 2012 in HD

After a bunch of requests I was finally able to get the High Tide updated with a 2012 tag at the end! Started from the uncompressed source renders I had archived from Nathan Evans. Uploaded in 720p 24p this time. Spread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhyaiOZhpSg

For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Adam, the video is AWESOME man! I think it would make an EXCELLENT grassroots commercial if we were able to use the 2nd half of the video (when he starts talking about the overseas spending) as a commercial in Iowa or N.H. i would certainly donate!
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

Spectacular!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Adam, the video is AWESOME man! I think it would make an EXCELLENT grassroots commercial if we were able to use the 2nd half of the video (when he starts talking about the overseas spending) as a commercial in Iowa or N.H. i would certainly donate!
    Would those audiences like it? I know they would out west.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Def my fav video. Thanks for the update :-)

I am not sure if a cgi character will help. People want to see the real person and look directly into his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Would those audiences like it? I know they would out west.
    yeah, im not sure about the strategic targetting. I would leave that up to whoever knows the demographics best, but i would certainly chipin if this video was used.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

I would love to see this video on TV commercials nationwide. Definitely a favorite.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The grassroots blasted this ad in Idaho and Oregon during their late season primaries without the official campaign and it probably helped quite a bit. We need to start broadcasting this in Iowa and New Hampshire.

That video is one of the best. I loved it in 08 and I still love it today. Thanks for updating it.

- ML

We ran it in PA, SD, ID and a few other late primary states. Hard to say for sure, but RP did very well in those states after Super Tuesday. Particularly in ID where it ran state-wide 100s of times.

Quote Originally Posted by t0rnado View Post
    The grassroots blasted this ad in Idaho and Oregon during their late season primaries without the official campaign and it probably helped quite a bit. We need to start broadcasting this in Iowa and New Hampshire.
    Idaho and Oregon are west. North east (Maine) would work. Not sure about Iowa, though. New Hampshire? I like to think yes but people say it is like Ohio, and both Senators voted for the Patriot Act.... I don't know if it fits there or not.

I remember chipping in for airing it, and remember that the airtime on cable was VERY reasonable. If it suits the market in Iowa it would be great before the straw poll. I'm just not sure how they are on war weariness.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-29-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Its a great video but i would omit the first portion as i dont think most people like the idea of Ron Paul calling our foreign policy "insecure" and in the 2nd half where Ron Paul talks about all the overseas spending being a waste, that seems to be the best way to attack the issue.

I think the part where he says we have over 700 bases in over 130 countries is important, but given that the warmongering against Iran has subsided (for now), I think we could transition directly from the first part to the part about spending. And put this on the air in Iowa and NH ASAP.

was hoping to see the video redone with a newer RP speech. Beggars can't be choosers. Well done.

Yes, the Iran part isn't very timely currently.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    replace the part about Iran with Pakistan.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRP08 View Post
    This. If someone who is good with this type of stuff merely replaced the word Iran with either Pakistan or Syria it would be perfect for 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRP08 View Post
    *sigh*

Do it yourself if you don't like it.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    *sigh*

Do it yourself if you don't like it.
    I would if I knew how.

is that jefferson davis?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

//
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I love this ad. Did AdamT do this? If my kickstarter project gets more backers I would love to work with the creator of this. (music video?) haha
    Last edited by jonathan; 05-30-2011 at 08:14 PM.
    JonathanNewton.tumblr.com

No man’s life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session. -Mark Twain

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    is that jefferson davis?
    No. Andrew Jackson.

//

Just got subtitles added to the Youtube. English and Chinese (Simplified & Traditional). Got word "high tide is currently being passed around China" so some guy sent us the Chinese sub files. Interesting.

Honestly I'd lead with the monetary position to get people to pay attention and then move to the general military. Some R voters will be turned off the second they hear anything anti military but if they start to agree from a fiscal perspective they may have to give some thought to it.

Remember we aren't here to appeal to us - he already has our vote - we need to appeal to one group only the likely primary Republican voter.

Anyone have a 30 second version of this? Maybe selling the for liberty video? If they do it just may get played in New Hampshire

PM me so we can chat about it.