Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oath Keepers Rally to Honor Jose Guerena and Oppose SWAT Searches [VIDEO - Please share]

Oath Keepers Rally to Honor Jose Guerena and Oppose SWAT Searches [VIDEO - Please share]

I shed more than a few tears making this video... please share this video and join us in Tuscon this Memorial Day.

OATH KEEPERS MUSTER
    Sheriff Mack and Stewart Rhodes On The March
    Vanessa Guerena

Oath Keepers will muster at Tucson, Arizona, on Memorial Day, May 30, 2011.
    What – An Oath Keepers muster. Oath Keepers and friends will muster and march to the home of Mrs. Vanessa Guerena for a ceremony of memoriam for her late husband Jose Guerena, a U.S. Marine Corps veteran of the Iraq war.

When – 8:00 a.m. sharp Monday morning Memorial Day, May 30, 2011

Where - The intersection of West Valencia Road and South Wade Road. Take I-10 to I-19 South and exit West Valencia Road to South Wade Road, Tucson, Arizona. See below.

Who - Oath Keepers is calling for all veterans, National Guardsmen, active duty military, current-serving peace officers, firefighters, retired public servants, gun owners, veterans organizations, civic organizations, church groups, student groups, and other patriotic Americans.

Why – To stand with Oath Keepers at a memorial service for Jose Guerena, a war veteran who was killed by law-enforcement gunfire in his home on May 05, 2011. We wish to honor Jose Guerena’s service to this nation and ensure that his death lights the spark which shall lawfully undo present-day policies which militarize our local peace officers and violate our veterans’ and gun owners’ Fourth Amendment rights.

Press contact – Arizona Oath Keepers state chapter President Ray Epps: 480-586-5145. Backup Press contact – Elias Alias – 406-285-6597 * eliasalias@gmail.com

The public is cordially invited to march and stand with Oath Keepers for this ceremony. All who cannot attend are encouraged to do what you can on Memorial Day in your own communities. A great example of local activity is given us by the Pahrump, Nevada Oath Keepers chapter. Enjoy reading their Proclamation here:
    http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2011/05/...#comment-29725

What you can do – Work with veterans and neighbors and community groups in your respective areas to ensure such Proclamations are brought before your local government officials and State officials. (You can do this anytime, it is not limited to only Memorial Day.)

*Work to establish oversight by your State government, your Attorney General, and your County Sheriffs’ offices to protect Fourth Amendment rights at the local level to provide accountability for intrusive police activities. Work to educate your neighbors and friends to the militarization of our local peace officers and help them see how such practices violate our Bill of Rights, including the Fourth Amendment. Recommend to your local government that police actions, especially S.W.A.T. activity, does not mimic the acts of criminals who execute home invasions. Remind everyone of the inherent dangers in accepting Federal funding and Federal training. Work to break the connection between Federal involvement and local control over our peace officer community. Educate everyone to the dangers in militarizing our local peace officers.

What we need from Tucson: Oath Keepers is seeking locally a volunteer drummer for this march, and a bugler for the ceremony. Oath Keepers would love to have a color guard from Tucson or Arizona, but we’ll take a color guard from wherever we can find one. If anyone wishes to volunteer to drum for this march, or to play taps on the bugle at the ceremony, please send us your message by going here – http://oathkeepers.org/oath/contact/ or call our Arizona Oath Keepers chapter President Ray Epps at 480-586-5145. Backup number 406-285-6597.

Oath Keepers will muster at 8:00 a.m. on the morning of Memorial Day, May 30, 2011, and will march at 8:30 a.m. to the home of Vanessa Guerena, the widow of Jose Guerena. Our procession will not permit late-comers to join after we begin the march, so make sure to be on time. Come early. Our march will begin at our rally point which is less than one mile from the Guerena home.

Our muster will be at the intersection of West Valencia Road and South Wade Road. Out of town marchers can find West Valencia Road by exiting Interstate I-19 just south of Interstate I-10 at the exit for West Valencia Road.

Upon arrival at the intersection of West Valencia Road and South Wade Road, please park on the South side of Valencia. We would like to ask all drivers to park by backing in, instead of parallel parking, so as to reduce the length of parked cars. Thank you for remembering to do that.

Oath Keepers will not permit the carrying or displaying of signs during our march and memorial service.

Flags may be carried and displayed. Those who have Oath Keepers gear are invited to wear Oath Keeper shirts and hats, patches and pins. We are planning a somber and reverent march, respectful of the departed young former Marine and war veteran, with sincere sympathy for his wife and children. There shall be another time and place for political expression.

Oath Keepers will conduct a brief ceremony on the lawn outside Mrs. Guerena’s house to honor her husband’s military service and all military and police who have paid the ultimate price for this country’s continued freedom. We will extend our sympathies to Mrs. Guerena, and then march back to our muster area.

Other activities will be announced when we return to our muster area. There each marcher will be given hand-out fliers with our afternoon schedule, which Oath Keepers will distribute to all who march with us.

Note - It is important that all who wish to participate with Oath Keepers on Memorial Day be present at 8:00 a.m. sharp, for that is how everyone will receive our announcements regarding the afternoon’s activities.

There will be afternoon speakers, including Stewart Rhodes, founder and President of Oath Keepers, Major (ret.) Rex McTyeire, U.S. Special Forces veteran and President of Oath Keepers’ South Carolina chapter, and Sheriff Richard Mack, former Sheriff from Arizona, among others. A number of Oath Keepers officers will be arriving from out of State.

The afternoon events will carry a political nature as Oath Keepers officially denounces the practice of deploying militarized SWAT teams to serve warrants on military veterans and gun owners who, like Jose Guerena, have no prior criminal record. Oath Keepers will inspire Americans to uphold the Fourth Amendment. Oath Keepers salutes our finest, our peace officers and our soldiers, with sincere gratitude for their service, but Oath Keepers stands against the Policy of using militarized SWAT units for routine law enforcement procedures.

We must take a stand against the use of SWAT or other militarized units against gun owners and veterans who have no violent crime history, and that stand needs to be a firm one. Come make a stand with us. Veterans, here is a place to stand for a righteous cause – bring your veteran groups and friends.

Therefore, Oath Keepers is going to rally to honor this young Marine’s military service in war in the morning hours, using this occasion to also honor all of America’s fallen heroes, and then move into other locations to express our opposition to the destruction of our liberty, our support of the Fourth Amendment as written, and our opposition to this policy of using SWAT teams to serve mere search warrants on gun owners and veterans who have no violent criminal record.

Here is a closing word from Stewart Rhodes, founder of Oath Keepers –

“What better way to honor our war dead and veterans this Memorial Day than to defend our Constitution and our God given rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, which is what they all fought, bled, and died for? This policy of using SWAT to serve search warrants on veterans and gun owners simply because they are armed, and where there is no long history of violent crime, has got to stop. I think taking a stand over the use of SWAT against this young Marine in Tucson is a good place to start.” – Stewart Rhodes
    -

Check for updates on this information at the “Announcements” section of our front page on our national web site, www.oathkeepers.org/

Questions may be sent online here – http://oathkeepers.org/oath/contact/
    The following two links will provide more detailed understanding about our Memorial Day events in Tucson, Arizona:
    http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2011/05/...arine-veteran/
    http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2011/05/...me-_-part-one/

Meet some of our Board of Directors http://oathkeepers.org/oath/bios/
    Sheriff Richard Mackhttp://www.sheriffmack.com/
    Oath Keepers National http://www.oathkeepers.org/oath/
    Semper Fidelis Jose Guerena!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess Im' not good at making titles for threads and my thread on the rally didn't receive much attention. But this one probably will, and that's what matters, getting the word out.

I couldn't make it past the 911 recording (I get too emotional) but I'm sure it's a great video. +rep
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-26-2011 at 09:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Thanks for doing that.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

I hope it goes well.
    But honestly, if it goes poorly, that'll be progress too.

lawfully undo present-day policies which militarize our local peace officers and violate our veterans’ and gun owners’ Fourth Amendment rights.
    Lucky I'm a gun owner, because the implication is that these are either the only groups who have their 4th rights violated, or that the other groups don't matter.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

bump
    http://www.slightlyoffended.com

Quote Originally Posted by rawful
    The Philly Fed is two blocks from Independence Hall. And people are upset about a mosque?

Follow link to see SWAT video of raid.

http://www.kgun9.com/story/14736691/...edirected=true

Raw video: PCSD helmet cam clip shows SWAT raid and shooting

Late Thursday afternoon the Pima County Sheriff's Department, responding to public records requests, released video and documents related to the shooting of Jose Guerena. Guerena died on May 5 when a SWAT team arrived at his Pima County home to serve a search warrant. The SWAT team's attorney has said that when the team broke down the door, they saw Guerena standing there with a rifle and that he said, "I've got something for you." The team then opened fire, expending 71 rounds and hitting Guerena 60 times.
    Guerena's wife Vanessa told KGUN9 News that she and her husband never knew the men breaking into her home were SWAT officers. SWAT attorney Mike Storie has said that the team came in with sirens blaring and properly identified themselves.

Among the items the Sheriff's Department released was a clip of helmet cam video showing the raid in progress. The video shows that the team did use a siren for about eight seconds, then stopped. The video shows the shooting erupting and also shows a SWAT officer falling. Storie said previously that the team at first thought that Guerena had fired and that one of their men had been hit. It was later learned that Guerena never fired.

A section of the helmet cam video is available in the video gallery box at the upper left of this page.

9 On Your Side is analyzing the released material now and will have full rews Thursday night at Ten and on Good Morning Tucson beginning at 5:00 AM Friday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPatriot View Post
    Follow link to see SWAT video of raid.

http://www.kgun9.com/story/14736691/...edirected=true

Raw video: PCSD helmet cam clip shows SWAT raid and shooting
    //
    ‎"dancing... is a healthy exercise, elegant and very attractive..." ~ Thomas Jefferson, March 14, 1818

They hate us for our policies, not our freedoms.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by JK/SEA; 05-27-2011 at 07:26 PM.

bump

Last edited by MelissaCato; 05-27-2011 at 09:24 PM.
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

Bump

BUMP

//

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Any videos coming out? Any Media coverage of this?
    Live stream? (I wish)
    How many? Did a crowd show up?

?????
    Waiting for video and news.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Bump

Need input
    What is happening there today?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Any videos coming out? Any Media coverage of this?
    Live stream? (I wish)
    How many? Did a crowd show up?

?????
    Waiting for video and news.
    We have a couple cameras there but no live stream (we were working on it but just not enough time). CNN, FOX and MSNBC have all contacted us (Oath Keepers) and they should be there.

As of a few minutes ago there were a couple dozen cars in the parking area. I will post more details later.

As of a few minutes ago there were a couple dozen cars in the parking area. I will post more details later.
    Thank You
    Will be watching for it.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Someone please get youtubes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

No News?
    is not good news
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

There were about 200+ people in attendance. Only local news affiliates covered event. Things went smooth. I will have video footage posted later this week.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There were about 200+ people in attendance. Only local news affiliates covered event. Things went smooth. I will have video footage posted later this week.
    Thanks.
    I wish it had drawn a larger crowd. Hope to see some media coverage. and the tubes too.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Too bad the cable networks didn't go. Looking forward to the vids.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

+rep to the OP

"They could've knocked on the door and he would've answered." —the interviewee. The man gets home from a graveyard shift, gets a couple hours of sleep just to be attacked by terrorists in the U.S.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast