Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Ron Paul Iowa Straw Poll Phonebank Call-athon!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    We will put an end to the grassroots calling being planned here if we have to. More on this later, but we need to follow the campaign, not jump in front of them and ruin everything.
    below

Quote Originally Posted by tobefree
    Woah. Did I just read what I just read? Who is we? By what authority are you making this statement. Who do you think you are?

Who do you think you are talking to? What kind of philosophy do you think Ron Paul supporters follow?

Do you know the history of this movement? Do you know the history of the last Ron Paul campaign? Do you know what people think of the last campaign? Do you know that people ask where the money went? Do you see what's going on with Campaign for Liberty? Did you read what Thomas Woods wrote?

http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/the-ron-paul-moneybomb/

Or maybe I should sit down with you and explain......................... and as far as the phonebanking is concerned? It's ON.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't see how phone banking will hurt, we are looking to talk to Ron Paul supporters.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll tell you how it could hurt. The campaign may already have something like this in the works, so supporters not getting any direction on who's calling where and when could be a complete mess.

Like I said, when this was tried last campaign it was a disaster. So many people were calling at all different times, calling in the same areas, not using any kind of formatted structure, getting into arguments with those that they called.....

I haven't seen the site yet, but unless its very well organized and a set structure for the phone calls are in place, it could ruin what the campaign has in the works and actually hurt our chances in Ames.

It resembles none of the characteristics of your concerns. It is a well organized and, I believe, an effective tool. The organizer[s] seem to have a good level of experience as well.
    Check out the site, its good stuff. I agree with you though, if it were loosely put together it would have potential to do harm.

If the campaign wanted to be REALLY organized they could purchase/take over the site to pick up where we left off and already know who has been contacted ... right?

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    I'll tell you how it could hurt. The campaign may already have something like this in the works, so supporters not getting any direction on who's calling where and when could be a complete mess.

Like I said, when this was tried last campaign it was a disaster. So many people were calling at all different times, calling in the same areas, not using any kind of formatted structure, getting into arguments with those that they called.....

I haven't seen the site yet, but unless its very well organized and a set structure for the phone calls are in place, it could ruin what the campaign has in the works and actually hurt our chances in Ames.
    People were really getting pissed off at all the calls in Rand's campaign, I remember that vividly. And if the campaign NEEDS certain info to target their message or to get volunteers for projects or whatever, and will have a specific script, they would need to do it all over. I really do think we could hurt things, or I would have signed up. I want to get out there and help.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear. -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    People were really getting pissed off at all the calls in Rand's campaign, I remember that vividly. And if the campaign NEEDS certain info to target their message or to get volunteers for projects or whatever, and will have a specific script, they would need to do it all over. I really do think we could hurt things, or I would have signed up. I want to get out there and help.
    This. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by FriedChicken View Post
    If the campaign wanted to be REALLY organized they could purchase/take over the site to pick up where we left off and already know who has been contacted ... right?
    Why would they bother doing that when they have their own phone banking system?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12