Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Ron Paul Iowa Straw Poll Phonebank Call-athon!"

"Ron Paul Iowa Straw Poll Phonebank Call-athon!"

WE HAVE 81 DAYS UNTIL THE IOWA STRAW POLL!

Our friend Tobefree in this thread put together an incredible activism tool.

Some of us on here have been making calls and reaching out to potential voters for the Iowa Straw Poll. This helps for a few reasons:

1) Advertise Ron Paul in 2012
    2) Help promote the Iowa Straw Poll and the campaign's $10 dollar deal
    3) Give callers experience making calls and marketing the Ron Paul message clearly and effectively.

Not enough of us on this board have seen this website or started making calls. If there is one thing that needs to happen in this campaign it's that we have a 1st or 2nd place showing in Iowa.

That is why I am proposing we designate a day that we can have around 250 of us make phone calls. Similar to a money-bomb, we should coordinate a day soon and set a goal of calling 15,000 Iowa residents! I feel like we aren't taking full of advantage of this phonebank system, and not focusing on actually winning this election. Let's discuss this here and pick a day in a few weeks and start getting serious about Iowa.

Once again, here is the original thread: Here

Free / Discounted Ron Paul 2012 Materials for Iowa can be found here.

And the official Iowa for Ron Paul website can be found here.
    Last edited by thehighwaymanq; 09-15-2013 at 11:30 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +rep man. I have already scheduled a local meeting for my meetup so i can directly show the members how to do this and assuage any fears they have about making calls. I highly highly recommend everyone on here do the same! if you give people a small nudge it will go a long way~!

anyway, what day do you think? Whatabout sunday? maybe promote it in chat? I dont know, but this is the most effective thing we can do right now!

Calling from Hawaii to Iowa for Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    What day do you think? Whatabout sunday? maybe promote it in chat? I dont know, but this is the most effective thing we can do right now!
    AGREED! Is the weekend a good time to do it, or is the 5-8 window on a weekday key?

Judging by past experience does anybody know the best time that generates most people picking up?

Last edited by S.Shorland; 05-25-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwaymanq View Post
    AGREED! Is the weekend a good time to do it, or is the 5-8 window on a weekday key?

Judging by past experience does anybody know the best time that generates most people picking up?
    People usually get off work around 5-6 so I think 5-8 is a good time to call.

I'm in. Calling is easy.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There's absolutely NO REASON to NOT PARTICIPATE in the IOWA PHONE BANKS...

I don't care how much of a couch potato activist, introverted personality you are...

There are scripts online, how-to's, walk-through's, etc.

If you're serious about this campaign and about this cause - pick up the phone and do it.

No more saying "what if" and "could've been"... JUST DO THE WORK. PERIOD.

Ok.

How about we set up the "Ron Paul Iowa Straw Poll Phonebank Call-athon!" starting this Thursday, May 26th?

Let's make this a weekly event that RPF members can participate in!

Quote Originally Posted by thehighwaymanq View Post

5-8 weekday is what ive typically called during, but Sunday (if you call all day) your pickup rate (by hour) will be more dispersed and you can take advantage of the whole day rather than a small window.

Why not do this call-a-thon on June 5th to coordinate it with the Legalize Gold & Silver Money Bomb? We can kill two birds with one stone, make as many calls as possible while also telling the potential voters about the 24 hour money bomb, helping to raise the campaign's funding. We had talked about phonebanking during the next money bomb to help raise the total. Why not try this method out on June 5th? Let's get Iowa voters invested in the campaign early on.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 05-24-2011 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    Why not do this call-a-thon on June 5th to coordinate it with the Legalize Gold & Silver Money Bomb? We can kill two birds with one stone, make as many calls as possible while also telling the potential voters about the 24 hour money bomb, helping to raise the campaign's funding. We had talked about phonebanking during the next money bomb to help raise the total. Why not try this method out on June 5th? Let's get Iowa voters invested in the campaign early on.

I think thats a good idea!

I'll make a thread about it in the Iowa board then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    That is a great idea!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not going to be a wet blanket here, because I can get behind an effort like this, but I remember some here doing that in NH last time and it got so out of hand they had to shut it down. This can be a great idea and phenomenally successful, if its kept very organized and not let the numbers of callers get out of hand.

my first answer while phonebanking for RP I got a supporter who said he didn't know about the straw poll but will now take his wife and 2-3 friends with him who are all supporters! Oh man I am good! I should sell Amway!

June 5th is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLibertyFight View Post
    Everyone needs to start making calls ASAP

www.rp2012.org
    That site should have some sort of ability to track the number of calls people make so it can then be publicly visible which user has made the most calls, getting a bit of a competition going, maybe even organize a prize pool for the most active caller?
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    That site should have some sort of ability to track the number of calls people make so it can then be publicly visible which user has made the most calls, getting a bit of a competition going, maybe even organize a prize pool for the most active caller?
    Exactly like Peter Schiff was doing, except I think he announced the call leaders over youtube videos. Are you suggesting some type of automatic leader board?

Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    it has that. Sign in, and start making some calls (probably not tonight, of course) and you can see the leaderboard on the right hand side of the dashboard.

Is there anyway to add it to the home page? It might encourage newbies visiting the website to sign up.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I loved the phone banking effort during the Schiff campaign. Seemed well organized too!

Quote Originally Posted by ForLibertyFight View Post
    bump

It appears as though a mod might put a stop to the promotion of the grassroots phone-bank initiative

Quote Originally Posted by ThePursuitOfLiberty View Post
    There's absolutely NO REASON to NOT PARTICIPATE in the IOWA PHONE BANKS...

I don't care how much of a couch potato activist, introverted personality you are...

There are scripts online, how-to's, walk-through's, etc.

If you're serious about this campaign and about this cause - pick up the phone and do it.

No more saying "what if" and "could've been"... JUST DO THE WORK. PERIOD.
    +rep
    Words without actions are the assassins of idealism.
    Herbert Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    It appears as though a mod might put a stop to the promotion of the grassroots phone-bank initiative
    Why???

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    We will put an end to the grassroots calling being planned here if we have to. More on this later, but we need to follow the campaign, not jump in front of them and ruin everything.
    see above
    Last edited by trey4sports; 05-24-2011 at 11:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast