Thread: Here There Be Ninjas

Here There Be Ninjas

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/dail.../s_733835.html

A Fayette County man attacked by a "ninja" with a sword quickly ended the encounter by pulling a gun....

Guzzo said he pulled his gun and the man broke the rear window of Guzzo's car as he ran off. Guzzo said he chased the man, who did not move with the grace typically associated with a ninja.

"He was like a gazelle that just got attacked by a lion," Guzzo said. "He got up and fell, and got up and fell. Then he jumped off a cliff."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He was like a gazelle that just got attacked by a lion," Guzzo said. "He got up and fell, and got up and fell. Then he jumped off a cliff."

Lmao
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
    To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."

What I loved the most about the story is that not only is it funny....the guy that it happened to also thinks it is funny, instead of becoming an anti-ninja costume activist.

I bet he wouldn't be laughing it off if he hadn't been carrying, though. It's kind of hard to defend against a sword with your bare hands.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

it was the next in line after Indiana Jones.

I loved this movie. Not as epic as The Matrix, but definitely good! Can't believe it was made for about $20 or $30 million and then only got $5 million at the box office.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    What I loved the most about the story is that not only is it funny....the guy that it happened to also thinks it is funny, instead of becoming an anti-ninja costume activist.
    That ^^^
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate View Post
    I bet he wouldn't be laughing it off if he hadn't been carrying, though. It's kind of hard to defend against a sword with your bare hands.
    Well, yes, but it can be done. The best thing to do against a sword, assuming you cannot shoot the bastard or run away, is to get as close to him as possible, thereby removing the long blade's advantage. The combat interval for such weapons is between 2 and 3 feet, give or take. When you close that gap, the blade becomes sadly clumsy and the wielder a good candidate for empty handed techniques.

This all, of course, takes a good deal of training and nobody in his right mind would willingly take such avenues if running away was a reasonable option. A combat seasoned samurai would have the means of pulling this sort of a defense off. An out of shape, untrained US civilian will have a correspondingly more difficult and dangerous time of it.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Apparently, Harrison Ford ad libbed that scene because he was sick IIRC.

Spielberg liked it so much he kept the scene as is.

Which pissed off the stunt actor with the sword, who had been training for months for the scene.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Quote Originally Posted by Nate-ForLiberty View Post

it was the next in line after Indiana Jones.

I loved this movie. Not as epic as The Matrix, but definitely good! Can't believe it was made for about $20 or $30 million and then only got $5 million at the box office.
    The power of marketing and connections!
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWyYr3UxsEY (How do you kill a ninja? AskANinja)
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates