Thread: Politifact Fact Check: Ron Paul right about foreign aid distribution Arabs v Israel

Politifact Fact Check: Ron Paul right about foreign aid distribution Arabs v Israel

http://www.politifact.com/texas/stat...nations-get-t/

So where does that leave us?

On the face of it, stacking one nation’s foreign aid dollars against 40 others may not be a meaningful comparison. Regardless, based on the most recent decade of U.S. foreign aid data, Paul’s statement is correct: Collectively, the 40-plus Arab and Muslim countries drew far more than double what Israel got.

We rate the statement Mostly True.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well it is a meaningful comparison. Paul is trying to point out that we fund Israels enemies many times over than we fund Israel.

Why didn't they rate his statement "True" instead of just "Mostly True"? Is it because they didn't know the specific countries RP was referring to?

so of course they call it 'mostly right' because they don't like his policies, not because his facts are wrong.

Politifact is all politics and little fact.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Not saying what is untrue and then calling it only mostly true is mostly biased.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    so of course they call it 'mostly right' because they don't like his policies, not because his facts are wrong.

Politifact is all politics and little fact.
    Yea, they say "Foreign aid fact straight, but is comparison meaningful?"

Fact is right yet they don't rate it "True" because they are judging the usefulness of the comparison. Makes no sense.

That was the most convoluted article I have ever read

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Already posted in Foreign Affairs.

Ron Paul: Arab, Muslim Nations Get Twice as Much Money as Israel
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...oney-as-Israel
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Man people here are never pleased. I think this is a pretty positive piece.

U.S. Rep. Ron Paul says "the Arab and the Muslim nations" get twice as much foreign aid as Israel
    Collectively then, the 2009 aid to these nations was more than seven times the aid to Israel
    Ron Paul said twice as much, it is actually 7 times as much. So it is not exactly true. Nevertheless Paul's point is made and this article points it out.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

FactCheck.org also did a smear job on him.
    They use force, to make you do, what the deciders have decided you must do. -- Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    Man people here are never pleased. I think this is a pretty positive piece.
    This is their justification for rating his statement "Mostly True" instead of "True":

Foreign aid fact straight, but is comparison meaningful?
    They are not rating it mostly true because Muslim countries get 7 times as much instead of twice as much. They rate it mostly true because they don't see the comparison as meaningful, which has nothing to do with whether RP's statement is factually correct or not.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    This is their justification for rating his statement "Mostly True" instead of "True":

They are not rating it mostly true because Muslim countries get 7 times as much instead of twice as much. They rate it mostly true because they don't see the comparison as meaningful, which has nothing to do with whether RP's statement is factually correct or not.
    Exactly. So if anything it should've been "even more true than he knew!" because it emphasizes his point all the more.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Politifact is a leftist organization. It's gonna put out some serious suckage this campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post

Ignore their reasoning for a moment: his statement isn't exactly true is it? It isn't.

If you're demanding perfection and everyone treat Ron Paul as the greatest thing since sliced bread you're never going to get it. That struck me as a pretty positive article.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    Ignore their reasoning for a moment: his statement isn't exactly true is it? It isn't.
    Actually it pretty much is. They include Afghanistan and Iraq in their summing of aid to muslim/arab countries. Those countries are defacto US territories now since we occupy them. They are also are the greatest sum of money. If you remove them from the list you get: 5.6billion which is really close to double Israel at 2.4billion. Also, we increased the amount of money going to Israel this year. So yeah, his statement is as reasonably close to exactly true without getting into decimals. 5.6/2.4 = 2.333 == rounds to whole number of 2.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.