Thread: Wanted: University of Illinois Students

Wanted: University of Illinois Students

Hi folks,

I'm here on behalf of the Champaign, IL Ron Paul meetup group. We're working on reactivating the Ron Paul student organization here on campus. In particular, we'd like to be ready in time to register for Quad Day this fall (deadline next week!). We'll need five students (including myself) to make this happen.

If you're a UIUC student and interested in being a founding member of the Illini for Ron Paul group this Fall, now is the time to start. Please respond to this post or otherwise get in touch with me as soon as possible and I'll get the paperwork going.

Also, consider joining the Champaign, IL Ron Paul Meetup:
    http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-305/

Thanks,
    Scott
    scott dot schmucker at gmail

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Check to see if the Illinois GOP is doing a straw poll like they did last year at the Illinois State Fair in Springfield.

Did you post this to the u of Illinois YAL Facebook page?

I was a student at the U of I back in the 70's. It was there that I was introduced to libertarian thought. It is good to see there are Ron Paul people there today.
    Alabama 7th Congressional District

Any updates on this? Quad day is coming up on the 21st, and looking at the 2011 map, the political section is between the Illini Union and Noyes where people are entering from ISR/north-east campus.

Are we Illini for Liberty?

I had a long reply that disappeared so I'll paraphrase. LOL

Champaign area- don't know, best bet is to search meetup, or contact the bloomington/normal meetup for info.

B/N- doing very well from what I gather. Regular meetings going.

Peoria- our meetup seems to think spending all their time/effort on trying to get the campaign to bring Ron to Peoria is the best way to go. I'm working on my own pretty much, and have a meeting lined up Saturday night with some precinct comitteemen and the previous meetup coordinator from last campaign.

Good luck and godspeed Illini!

*edit* double post, sorry
    Last edited by belian78; 08-17-2011 at 01:35 PM.