Thread: why are 1967 Israeli borders indefensible? they were fine from 1947-1967

why are 1967 Israeli borders indefensible? they were fine from 1947-1967

Israel of the 50s and 60s was far weaker; AIPAC was nothing then, and yet Israel did just fine.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    who cares? it's none of our business.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    who cares? it's none of our business.
    True but that's all the radio and tv hosts have been talking about today.

Personally, I prefer 1946 borders, but yes, its none of our business.

What is Rahm saying about all of this?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Rahm,

is an opportunist first, and a jew like 3rd or 4th. That guy would sell his mother, his God and his country if he thought it would help him achieve whatever success he needs to feel good about himself.

I don't know much of Israel, but I think I've seen enough Planet Earth episodes to have an informed opinion. Does this not have to do with the plateau area of the Golan Heights that would be of strategic value to Israel's defense? From what I understand this plateau overlooks the slim 9-mile(or so) wide strip towards the north and would be silly to give up.
    twitter | blog

Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by thehungarian View Post
    I don't know much of Israel, but I think I've seen enough Planet Earth episodes to have an informed opinion. Does this not have to do with the plateau area of the Golan Heights that would be of strategic value to Israel's defense? From what I understand this plateau overlooks the slim 9-mile(or so) wide strip towards the north and would be silly to give up.
    That's pretty much my take on it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    France was their main backer militarily during that time period, and also the Kingdom of Jordan next door was backed by the British. They’ve never survived on their own. And that’s not supposed to be an argument for the US backing them.
    Last edited by robert68; 05-21-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Follwoing explanation I heard from a friend wat more spirtual than me after Israel got defeated in 2006 Lebanon war. Not my view, so don't ask me to rationally justify or explain it.

Back in the day, God's hand used to protect them but they have been disobeying God lately by holding same sex parades in Jeruslaem where God once walked. Therefore God is withdrawing His protection for them and allowed them to be beaten by ragtag group Hezbulla.
    Last edited by doodle; 05-21-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thehungarian View Post
    The Golan Heights were part of Syria in the northern part of Israel are different from the West Bank which partly border Jordan and the Dead Sea and different from the Gaza Strip in the South.

I think they are "indefensible" in that Israel could not defend the 300k (?) Citizens that have settled there since. This was their goal all along. Settle the areas in disputed territories so they have a reason to never withdraw.

Quote Originally Posted by doodle View Post
    Back in the day, God's hand used to protect them but they have been disobeying God lately by holding same sex parades in Jeruslaem where God once walked. Therefore God is withdrawing His protection for them and allowed them to be beaten by ragtag group Hezbulla.
    That's the equivalent of those who claim that Haiti and Japan caused their earthquakes with their own "evil". Sorry, most people just aren't superstitious enough to buy that one.

You will NOT CRITICIZE ISRAEL!

Israel is ALWAYS right.

Israel first!

Quote Originally Posted by COpatriot View Post
    You will NOT CRITICIZE ISRAEL!

Israel is ALWAYS right.

Israel first!
    Yeah!
    U...S...A
    U...S...A
    U...S...A

Errrmmm........... oops.........

Is...Ra...El
    Is...Ra...El
    Is...Ra...El

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    True but that's all the radio and tv hosts have been talking about today.
    Turn off the radio and tv and email the shows and their advertisers and tell them you refuse to watch if all they are going to do is talk about Israel.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.