Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul: Israel is Our Close Friend

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Actually the title of this thread takes a statement out of context and is in fact more like a misrepresentation and thus a "lie". Ron Paul wants US to be firends with foreign states including Israel and he also acknowledges that Israel is a close ally of US that causes various terrorism/economic blowbacks for US because US funds its occupation of Palestinians. See/represent totality of his view instead of quoting a single statement out of context.

Watch these vids to get full context of his views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTpJOVhIxWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08gTWqWrI4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3vF6Vcjr0
    Don't even bother. Frank doesn't care about the facts, he loves seeing Americans go die for an illegal state and a terrorist one at that.
    //////////////////

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYOP View Post
    Don't even bother. Frank doesn't care about the facts, he loves seeing Americans go die for an illegal state and a terrorist one at that.
    I support non-interventionism.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

"Illegal" meaning what?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon63 View Post
    So, here's two possibilities:

1. He gave in to the pressure to win, in the process, becoming a liar.
    2. He really does support Israel, which is bad in and of itself.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ron Paul, but he's wrong on some things.
    I knew at the time what RP was doing however I didn't find it useful to getting him elected to "hold his feet to the fire" by calling him out for twisting his words to get votes..
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon63 View Post
    So, here's two possibilities:
    You missed the third possibility that I had mentioned.
    That he was merely stating the official and accepted current Policy of the US.

Not endorsing it. Not promoting it. Simply stating it.

His position is that we should not be involved at all. A position I agree with.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-15-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    I support non-interventionism.
    Do you support or oppose US aid to Israel/Egypt/Jordan etc ?

What do you think caused 9/11?

Do you believe there is a so called "pro Israel" lobby in the US that pushes US to an interventionist foreign policy for interests of a foreign state, buys off US politicians in a systemic way?

If US cut off all financial/military aid to Israel and other mideast dictarorship puppets tomorrow and really became non-inteventionist, for how long you think Israeli occupation of Palestinian people will last?

Thanks.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign nations, is, in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little politicial connection as possiable."
    -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    "Illegal" meaning what?
    God never gave the Jewish people the authorization to rebuild the temple -- thus it is illegal to suggest that they (the Jews) can just march back into the Holy Land thousands of years later and steal the land of its long-held occupants (Palestinians) under the banner of a divine code that does not exist. And let us not forget the second major problem which is that the majority of the Jews that currently preside in Israel are not blood-related to any of the 12 tribes of Dan -- but rather Jewish converts of the Khazarian Empire which is present day Turkey. In conclusion, not only was the land stolen under a false law, but the people who say they have a divine right to the land aren't even the same people.
    Last edited by PSYOP; 05-15-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    //////////////////

God never gave the Jewish people the authorization to rebuild the temple -- thus it is illegal to suggest that they (the Jews) can just march back into the Holy Land thousands of years later and steal the land of its long-held occupants (Palestinians) under the banner of a divine code that does not exist. And let us not forget the second major problem which is that the majority of the Jews that currently preside in Israel are not blood-related to any of the 12 tribes of Dan -- but rather Jewish converts of the Khazarian Empire which is present day Turkey. In conclusion, not only was the land stolen under a false law, but the people who say they have a divine right to the land aren't even the same people.
    How does any of that have anything to do with the legality of a state?

How does any of that have anything to do with the legality of a state?
    You didn't even read my post thus you are not worth my time.
    //////////////////

You didn't even read my post thus you are not worth my time.
    I did. I just don't see how it relates to the question I asked.

There are some 200 states in the world. Would you use similar arguments to the ones you gave to say whether they're legal or not?

I did. I just don't see how it relates to the question I asked.

There are some 200 states in the world. Would you use similar arguments to the ones you gave to say whether they're legal or not?
    Stop changing the subject -- I'm not talking about all the other states in the world. I am talking about Israel right now. And in regards to Israel, their only case for re-claiming the Holy Land is that God gave them the authorization to have it after the destruction of the temple which is a blatant falsehood.
    //////////////////

Stop changing the subject -- I'm not talking about all the other states in the world. I am talking about Israel right now. And in regards to Israel, their only case for re-claiming the Holy Land is that God gave them the authorization to have it after the destruction of the temple which is a blatant falsehood.
    I'm not changing the subject. I just don't follow your argument. First you said something about an illegal state. Now you're talking about reclaiming land. I don't see what those two things have to do with each other. And I still don't understand where you're coming from when you refer to an "illegal state." Are there other states out there that you consider "legal"? And if so, what does it take for one to be legal and another illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    I knew at the time what RP was doing however I didn't find it useful to getting him elected to "hold his feet to the fire" by calling him out for twisting his words to get votes..
    I would think Ron Paul fans on this forum would know his stances on such an important issue as foreign policy/mideast? You will notice that Press Release cited in OP is a series of statements with quotes and not a single full Ron Paul policy statement, it is possible Press Secretary saw some political benefit in such representation to hit Obama but this is edited view of Ron Paul's total view in this PR. Everything quoted there has been stated many times by Ron Paul and all is true, but these are just slices of his total view that do not have Ron Paul's name at the bottom. I think you have have been tricked by the out of context collection of statements and out of context title taken from an observational view.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not changing the subject. I just don't follow your argument. First you said something about an illegal state. Now you're talking about reclaiming land. I don't see what those two things have to do with each other. And I still don't understand where you're coming from when you refer to an "illegal state." Are there other states out there that you consider "legal"? And if so, what does it take for one to be legal and another illegal?
    You haven't even read any of the divine texts have you? It shows. And it doesn't help that you constantly change the subject to something other then Israel. God never gave the Jewish people the authorization according to all known ancient history the divine right to take back the land of Israel after the destruction of the second temple in 70 A.D by the Romans. Yet, 1900 years later Jewish Khazarian converts (who are not any of the 12 tribes of Dan) show up and say they have a divine right to the land of Israel according to the law of God. Do you not see the contradictions here?
    //////////////////

You haven't even read any of the divine texts have you? It shows. And it doesn't help that you constantly change the subject to something other then Israel. God never gave the Jewish people the authorization according to all known ancient history the divine right to take back the land of Israel after the destruction of the second temple in 70 A.D by the Romans. Yet, 1900 years later Jewish Khazarian converts (who are not any of the 12 tribes of Dan) show up and say they have a divine right to the land of Israel according to the law of God. Do you not see the contradictions here?
    I don't get why you think I'm changing the subject. I want to know what you mean by "illegal state." Is there any such thing as a legal state? If so, what are the criteria for a state being legal.

Obviously this question requires you to say something more general about what you think about states than just something about Israel. That's not changing the subject. You used the phrase "illegal state." If that phrase means anything, other than just being a cypher for Israel, then you should be able to answer me.

I'm not sure what divine texts you're talking about. Apparently some that refer to 12 tribes of Dan. Whatever those are, no, I haven't read them.
    Last edited by erowe1; 05-15-2013 at 10:10 AM.

I don't get why you think I'm changing the subject. I want to know what you mean by "illegal state." Is there any such thing as a legal state? If so, what are the criteria for a state being legal.

Obviously this question requires you to say something more general about what you think about states than just something about Israel. That's not changing the subject. You used the phrase "illegal state." If that phrase means anything, other than just being a cypher for Israel, then you should be able to answer me.

I'm not sure what divine texts you're talking about. Apparently some that refer to 12 tribes of Dan. Whatever those are, no, I haven't read them.
    You haven't even read into the old history of Israel yet you're trying to educate me about Israel. Got it.
    //////////////////

You haven't even read into the old history of Israel yet you're trying to educate me about Israel. Got it.
    I'm not trying to educate you. I'm trying to understand you.

At this point, I still don't know what you mean by "illegal state." Is there such a thing as a legal state?

You seem to want to treat the modern nation-state of Israel as something special that needs to be treated differently than all the other nation-states in the world. And it seems that your reasoning for that is based on some divine texts or something. But that's not where I'm coming from. I'd rather just apply the same rules to the modern nation-state of Israel that apply to all the other nation-states out there. I don't see why Israel's special.

But again, granted, if I read the divine texts that talk about 12 tribes of Dan, I might think differently. Who knows?

Interesting side debate going on here. My two cents on modern legal standards are that since WWs/birth of UN & International Laws, geopolitical changes sanctioned by UN are seen as "legal" and others are not. Saddam's invasion of Kuwait was "not legal" and US invasion of Iraq was "legal". Likewise Israel's ongoing occupation of Palestinians is illegal.
    In old times Might is Right was the law and Divine claims used to be used to occupy lands. But in modern tiimes, none of that is kosher at least on paper. In actual, Might is Right even today.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    I would think Ron Paul fans on this forum would know his stances on such an important issue as foreign policy/mideast? You will notice that Press Release cited in OP is a series of statements with quotes and not a single full Ron Paul policy statement, it is possible Press Secretary saw some political benefit in such representation to hit Obama but this is edited view of Ron Paul's total view in this PR. Everything quoted there has been stated many times by Ron Paul and all is true, but these are just slices of his total view that do not have Ron Paul's name at the bottom. I think you have have been tricked by the out of context collection of statements and out of context title taken from an observational view.
    No I do NOT believe RP considers Israel our "close friend" as reinforced by his other statements on the internal affairs of Israel. He used "close friend" intentionally to temper a strong belief in the GOP electorate that he was anti Israeli which is a huge vote loser.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    No I do NOT believe RP considers Israel our "close friend" as reinforced by his other statements on the internal affairs of Israel. He used "close friend" intentionally to temper a strong belief in the GOP electorate that he was anti Israeli which is a huge vote loser.
    Well Israel is our "close friend" or why else would this tiny state be getting tens of thousands of tax payers dollars per resident despite economic crisis at home? If you make an observation about the view of the policy makers and use that to make argument to the intended audience, it is not same as asccepting the view or lobbying for it.
    This is just a matter of perception, what GOP calls "anti Israel", I call "pro Israel". GOP is not a "friend" of Israel, Democrats are called party of Israel and that is why 80% of US Jews vote democrats. Last GOP President sat so hard on them to uproot Gaza settlers that it sent there revered PM to paralyzing coma. Today there is expansion of settlements in West Bank while a democrat is in the White House.

Ron Paul is a friend of Israelis and Palestinians, he does not want to meddle in or send weapons/tax payers money to them and wants to trade peacefully with foreign states.

I'm not trying to educate you. I'm trying to understand you.

At this point, I still don't know what you mean by "illegal state." Is there such a thing as a legal state?

You seem to want to treat the modern nation-state of Israel as something special that needs to be treated differently than all the other nation-states in the world. And it seems that your reasoning for that is based on some divine texts or something. But that's not where I'm coming from. I'd rather just apply the same rules to the modern nation-state of Israel that apply to all the other nation-states out there. I don't see why Israel's special.

But again, granted, if I read the divine texts that talk about 12 tribes of Dan, I might think differently. Who knows?
    It does need to be treated differently -- because billions of dollars in our money is being spent to fund a terrorist nation who is committing ethnic genocide against an entire people. Not to mention the fact that they are making more then just enemies with the Palestinians, but many other countries as well which by the laws of entangling alliances -- Israel's enemies inevitably become our enemies which could very well lead to the deaths of thousands of American boots on the ground putting aside the financial aspect. As far as your last comment is concerned, I would say, yeah, you would. And it does matter -- because if the state of Israel had not been created in the first place, many future lives could have been spared, both Jew and Palestinian, and believe it or not even the many Christians (you can relate to this) who are being slaughtered by the USRAELI funded mercenaries, essentially Al'Qaedi, in Syria.
    //////////////////

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It does need to be treated differently -- because billions of dollars in our money is being spent to fund a terrorist nation who is committing ethnic genocide against an entire people. Not to mention the fact that they are making more then just enemies with the Palestinians, but many other countries as well which by the laws of entangling alliances -- Israel's enemies inevitably become our enemies which could very well lead to the deaths of thousands of American boots on the ground putting aside the financial aspect. As far as your last comment is concerned, I would say, yeah, you would. And it does matter -- because if the state of Israel had not been created in the first place, many future lives could have been spared, both Jew and Palestinian, and believe it or not even the many Christians (you can relate to this) who are being slaughtered by the USRAELI funded mercenaries, essentially Al'Qaedi, in Syria.
    OK.

That said, now can you tell what you meant by "illegal state"?

OK.

That said, now can you tell what you meant by "illegal state"?
    Why are you not reading any of my posts? I already told you four times that the Khazarian Jews have claimed that it is by divine right that they had the authorization post-world war 2 to create a Jewish homeland in Palestine in order to safeguard themselves from further persecution. An interesting story and understandable but nevertheless illegal in the sense that the Palestinians already owned that land so what gives for the United Nations to force Palestine to give up some of their land so that the so-called Jews could have their own state? Do you think we would like it if modern descendents of the Chorokees Nations went to the UN and forced the United States to give up some of the southern territories in order to accommodate their need for an ethnic homeland at the expense of it's present inhabitants?
    Last edited by PSYOP; 05-15-2013 at 11:26 AM.
    //////////////////

Why are you not reading any of my posts?
    I am. You still haven't said anything about what an illegal state is.

Even here:
    illegal in the sense that the Palestinians already owned that land so what gives for the United Nations to force Palestine to give up some of their land so that the so-called Jews could have their own state?
    You switch between Palestinians owning land and Israel being a state. I don't see why those two things have anything to do with each other, or legality.

How about from the other direction? What would it take for any state to be legal?
    Last edited by erowe1; 05-15-2013 at 11:40 AM.

I am. You still haven't said anything about what an illegal state is.
    Your one to two sentences of nothing every single post is meaningless. You've lost this argument and have proven time on and time again that you have not done any research what so ever into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict let alone biblical-era history.
    //////////////////

Your one to two sentences of nothing every single post is meaningless. You've lost this argument and have proven time on and time again that you have not done any research what so ever into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict let alone biblical-era history.
    I'm not even arguing. I'm just asking questions, trying to understand what you're saying.

I still don't know what the difference between legal and illegal states is.

On the research part, could you recommend any sources that tell me about the 12 tribes of Dan? I'll start with those.

I'm not even arguing. I'm just asking questions, trying to understand what you're saying.

I still don't know what the difference between legal and illegal states is.
    Of course you don't, you're an anarchist. I on the other hand am not.
    //////////////////

Of course you don't, you're an anarchist. I on the other hand am not.
    OK. That's fine. Since your opinion is what I'm trying to understand, could you tell me what the difference between a legal and an illegal state is, when you use those terms? I should still try to understand your position even if I disagree.

OK. That's fine. Since your opinion is what I'm trying to understand, could you tell me what the difference between a legal and an illegal state is, when you use those terms? I should still try to understand your position even if I disagree.
    Why should I even bother answering that question when we both already know our definition of a state and the role of government is completely on the opposite end of the spectrum? Look, I really don't want to continue this conversation because it'll end up pissing me off and then I'll say something I'll regret. We'll just agree to disagree.
    //////////////////

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast