Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul: Israel is Our Close Friend

I've talked to several necons lately who hated Ron. Lots of their number #1 issue (crazy as it is) is defending Israel. They also really like Rand and are split between him and Rubio. If Rand goes purist on not supporting Israel (even if it's just campaign talk to get elected) I'll tell you right now he's dead in the water trying for the nomination. Those are the facts. Accept it for now, or lose our only hope at every getting a libertarian(-leaning) in the white house.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I don't accept the premise of your statement that Israel has committed "atrocities" against anyone.
    Is that a request for pictures of blown in half Palestinian children? Kids with legs blown off? They are only a few clicks away. Now I have a physically sick feeling from seeing a child with their intestines spread across the road. [literally] And that was just with a two second search. The pictures and video I've seen over the years is the kind of $#@! you don't forget.

Israel bombing journalist towers? Schools, mosques?

ETA: Meh, I'll censor myself.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    Is that a request for pictures of blown in half Palestinian children? Kids with legs blown off?
    What about the Palestinian terrorists strapping bombs to themselves and running into busy parts of Israel?
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Is that a request for pictures of blown in half Palestinian children? Kids with legs blown off? They are only a few clicks away. Now I have a physically sick feeling from seeing a child with their intestines spread across the road. [literally] And that was just with a two second search. The pictures and video I've seen over the years is the kind of $#@! you don't forget.

Israel bombing journalist towers? Schools, mosques?

ETA: Meh, I'll censor myself.
    And how many of the times that Israel used military action were simply a response to rockets being launched into Israel?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    What about the Palestinian terrorists strapping bombs to themselves and running into busy parts of Israel?
    That must be one hell of a hopeless feeling, huh? What could ever drive a man to do such a thing I've never known, personally. Then again, I didn't grow up in occupied land.

[Blowback.]

And how many of the times that Israel used military action were simply a response to rockets being launched into Israel?
    The difference between rockets and missiles is noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by t0rnado View Post
    Israel is a parasitic, terrorist conglomerate that celebrates when the US is attacked:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/report-n...srael-1.244044

I guess you could say that about most nations including our own.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

That must be one hell of a hopeless feeling, huh? What could ever drive a man to do such a thing I've never known, personally. Then again, I didn't grow up in occupied land.

[Blowback.]
    Blowback works both ways.
    ----

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Why aren't Israelis suicide bombing Palestine?

'You call it warfare but your wars aren't fair,
    if they were you'd see suicide bombers at arms fairs'

I don't accept the premise of your statement that Israel has committed "atrocities" against anyone.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_shelling_of_Qana

I would also post the link to the Liberty bombing but that's already been discussed here ad nauseam.

Also, how many times is Frank going to bump this thread? Isn't there a forum rule that limits the number of times a user can do this?
    ...but when the trumpets blew again and the knights charged, the name they cried was "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"

Sure does. Now, tell me, do you think more blow back will accompany a bulldozed running over protesters and houses, a siege, and systemic land theft or glorified BOTTLErockets?
    Best of luck in life.

I hate when this crap gets politicized the way that it does. I'd surmise that anyone here who has served would agree with that.

In our current state of geopolitical memes though we're only sending our own poor youth abroad to kill other poor people. Were sending our faithful to kill others for little less than the notion of whose God is bigger than the other man or in the name of some sin of sort. Or whichever the people love them for at the moment. This is a perpetual fight that nobody can win except the $#@!s building their stock portfolios off of the business of the bloodshed of our children.

I'd hope that citizens aren't influenced by purely political positions and other romper room shenanigans and speak up with their position on the human aspects of these insane war games if they wish to engage in the discussion. You're sleeping giants. Don't forget that.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 02-25-2013 at 07:05 AM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Israel is not a friend to anyone.

Just a reminder.

Ron Paul Tells Newsmax: I Support Israel
    December 07, 2011
    ----

Just a further reminder.......

" I look at Gaza like a concentration camp. "

http://www.algemeiner.com/2012/01/09...he-aggressors/

and further.........

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Just a further reminder.......

" I look at Gaza like a concentration camp. "

http://www.algemeiner.com/2012/01/09...he-aggressors/
    Israel beefed up security around Israel/Gaza Strip because of all the Palestinian suicide bombers.

The Palestinians are shooting themselves in the foot.
    ----

Israel beefed up security around Israel/Gaza Strip because of all the Palestinian suicide bombers.

The Palestinians are shooting themselves in the foot.
    Those damned Jews in the Warsaw ghetto. There has GOT to be a solution.

Why bump such an old thread, Frank? Your obsession with Israel is well noted, now quit bringing it up.
    Last edited by PSYOP; 05-15-2013 at 05:51 AM.
    //////////////////

$#@! Israel. I wouldn't be the least bit sad if they were blown right off of the map. All they do is cause problems. I do NOT want us to be their "friends".

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYOP View Post
    Why bump such an old thread, Frank? Your obsession with Israel is well noted, now quit bringing it up.
    I have to remind people sometimes that Ron Paul and Rand Paul support Israel.

No obsession. I hardly talk about Israel until someone on the forum decides to attack Israel and I remind them.
    ----

I have to remind people sometimes that Ron Paul and Rand Paul support Israel.
    I don't know that,, in fact I believe the man to be smarter than that.

I think that was just a statement of existing policy,, and not a personal opinion.

Israel is not our friend.. But it is protected State by existing policy.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I don't know that,, in fact I believe the man to be smarter than that.
    Read the original post of this thread. I keep bumping it for people like you.
    ----

Read the original post of this thread. I keep bumping it for people like you.
    I read it Frank.
    I also have heard Ron say it.
    I Believe it was said as a statement of present policy and not as Ron's personal feelings.

The present political policy and official position is that Israel is our friend.

They are not,, and never have been, But the official position is that they are.

I do not really believe that Ron is nearly that stupid. He was simply repeating the official position.

He has been Opposed to entangling alliances his whole career.
    He is also a spiritual man and Christian Believer and knows that the Anti-Christ will Stand (and rule from) in Jerusalem.

Israel is NO Ones Friend.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Ron Paul says Israeli embargo of Gaza that is almost like a concentartion camp is equivalent of an act of war and US is morally responsible because we finance Israel's occupation of Palestinians. And that it creates blowback economic/emotional drainage for US and contributes to global instability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTpJOVhIxWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08gTWqWrI4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3vF6Vcjr0

Insightful words on foreign policy. Perhaps straight talk like this is the reason that neocons and religious extremists/dogmatic rapture ready fundies would never support his non-interventionist foreign policy.

Question can be asked, would there have been 9/11 blowback and resulting economic/political/emotional collapse had US not adoptd a mideast interventionist policy/funded occupation of Palestinian people?

RP did not believe this but he tried to cater for votes. He was being a politician.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    RP did not believe this but he tried to cater for votes. He was being a politician.
    Lets not start calling Ron Paul a liar.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post

So, here's two possibilities:

1. He gave in to the pressure to win, in the process, becoming a liar.
    2. He really does support Israel, which is bad in and of itself.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ron Paul, but he's wrong on some things.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by Expatriate; 05-15-2013 at 09:14 AM.
    "Truth will win in the end. We just don't know when the end is. So we have to persevere." ― Carol Paul

Lets not start calling Ron Paul a liar.
    Actually the title of this thread takes a statement out of context and is in fact more like a misrepresentation and thus a "lie". Ron Paul wants US to be firends with foreign states including Israel and he also acknowledges that Israel is a close ally of US that causes various terrorism/economic blowbacks for US because US funds its occupation of Palestinians. See/represent totality of his view instead of quoting a single statement out of context.

Watch these vids to get full context of his views.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTpJOVhIxWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08gTWqWrI4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3vF6Vcjr0

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast