Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul: Israel is Our Close Friend

Quote Originally Posted by ddavis View Post
    What I said was current law and the obvious.
    I take it you think the federal government we have now is a pretty good thing then. Huh?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, I mean to totally support them. The Palestinians plan to attack their borders from all sides, in the next few days. If the IDF stacks Palestinians up like cords of wood, we support them. We defend them to the world.
    Where did you hear this?
    "..and on Earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out...while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited Earth." -- Jesus of Nazareth

Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    Where did you hear this?
    Glenn Beck.

The Palestinians plan to attack their borders from all sides, in the next few days.
    Notice the way he uses the word "the" here, as if all Palestinians aren't unique individuals, kind of like how some people like to talk about "the Jews."

Antisemitism (also spelled anti-semitism or anti-Semitism) is "hatred toward Jews—individually and as a group—that can be attributed to the Jewish religion and/or ethnicity." I fully understand what it means. Thankfully, there is an awakening among Christians in this country. Obama has already alienated the Jewish population. We need a President that supports Israel.
    No we do not. We need a president who supports the United States of America. What you said there is solely a talking point of the far religious right and it is a cancer upon American politics and foreign policy. It is absolutely absurd to make the affairs of another nation x1,000 miles away in another hemisphere a priority above our own. Turn off Glenn Beck and tune in to reality.
    Last edited by COpatriot; 06-03-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by COpatriot View Post
    No we do not. We need a president who supports the United States of America. What you said there is solely a talking point of the far religious right and it is a cancer upon American politics and foreign policy. It is absolutely absurd to make the affairs of another nation x1,000 miles away in another hemisphere a priority above our own. Turn off Glenn Beck and tune in to reality.
    +infinity
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Notice the way he uses the word "the" here, as if all Palestinians aren't unique individuals, kind of like how some people like to talk about "the Jews."
    I'm a little confused here.

Would those people just say "Jews are planning to attack?" Seems more proper to say "The Jews are planning to attack."

During WWII, would the people of the United States have said "The Japanese are planning to attack." Or would they have said "Japanese are planning to attack."?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I'm a little confused here.

Would those people just say "Jews are planning to attack?" Seems more proper to say "The Jews are planning to attack."

During WWII, would the people of the United States have said "The Japanese are planning to attack." Or would they have said "Japanese are planning to attack."?
    I have trouble seeing how it would be more proper to say "the Jews" in your first example if it were really just some Jews and not all Jews. I can't see any explanation for saying it with "the" that's not anti-semitic.

I also wouldn't take the typical American mindset of the 1940s as an example of how not to be racially prejudiced. The reason they managed to justify in their minds the idea of putting innocent Japanese Americans in internment camps was that they thought they were at war with "the Japanese" instead of just Japan.
    Last edited by erowe1; 06-03-2011 at 08:00 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it has more to do with christian zionism than Glenn Beck. It's pretty hard to change people's mind when it's a religious belief.

I think Israel may be better off under the European sphere of influence than America. Whether we like it or not, America's empire is certainly not going to last forever, due to our poor economic decisions at home. Israel learning not to be reliant on America could be the greatest thing to happen to it.
    Last edited by TheDrakeMan; 06-03-2011 at 08:28 PM.

+rep for logic.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrakeMan View Post
    I think Israel may be better off under the European sphere of influence than America. Whether we like it or not, America's empire is certainly not going to last forever, due to our poor economic decisions at home. Israel learning not to be reliant on America could be the greatest thing to happen to it.
    That's not a bad idea. The Europeans are already well accustomed to welfare statism, and the Israeli regime would fit in perfectly.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

friend does not mean dependency

Where did you hear this?
    It is now a fact and not conjecture. The IDF responded and the Palestinians backed off.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    That's not a bad idea. The Europeans are already well accustomed to welfare statism, and the Israeli regime would fit in perfectly.
    Israel is the only democracy in the the Middle East. If the Arabs had their way and they could exterminate all of the Jews, the vacuum would be filled with a less prosperous, ignorant, uneducated, backward population characterized by the rest of the Middle East.

Israel is the only democracy in the the Middle East. If the Arabs had their way and they could exterminate all of the Jews, the vacuum would be filled with a less prosperous, ignorant, uneducated, backward population characterized by the rest of the Middle East.
    Actually it's not. The regime in DC made Iraq into one too recently, much to the dismay of every Christian living there. Remember?

Is democracy supposed to be a good thing or something?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually it's not. The regime in DC made Iraq into one too recently, much to the dismay of every Christian living there. Remember?

Is democracy supposed to be a good thing or something?
    Afghanistan too, IIRC.

And the Israelis would wipe out the Arabs/Persians if they could. This conflict has been going on for thousands of years. Plenty of ignorance and irrational hatred on both sides. I agree with RP that we in the West should stay out of their silly feud.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 06-06-2011 at 10:26 AM.

And the Israelis would wipe out the Arabs/Persians if they could. This conflict has been going on for thousands of years. Plenty of ignorance and irrational hatred on both sides. I agree with RP that we in the West should stay out of their silly feud.
    Absolutely false. The Israelis would not wipe out the Arabs/Persians given the choice. That is what seperates them. As soon as we pull out of Iran and Afghanistan, they will fall. There will be more killing than those countries saw while the US was there.

Afghanistan too, IIRC.
    Yeah, I'm not sure if that's still the Middle East. It probably depends who you ask.

Absolutely false. The Israelis would not wipe out the Arabs/Persians given the choice. That is what seperates them. As soon as we pull out of Iran and Afghanistan, they will fall. There will be more killing than those countries saw while the US was there.
    The Israeli government would wipe out the Palestinians if they could. Does that count? Also, Israel's game is stealing land. They took Golan Heights because the Syrians had an advantage from a high position to attack Israel. Now, the Israelis are claiming that they cannot return the land they stole in the West Bank because it would allow the Palestinians to fire rockets at Israelis from a much shorter distance. Steal land, then claim it is done in the name of "national security". Cram all the Palestinians into Gaza and then poison them. If the Israelis can treat their neighbors this way, what would prevent them from treating anybody and everybody this way if it is to their benefit?
    "..and on Earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out...while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited Earth." -- Jesus of Nazareth

My priorities for selecting a candidate: Cut the debt, repeal Obama care and support of Israel. This website has Ron Paul's name on it. I can not support a candidate that allows this antisemitic dribble. Who are our friends in the Middle East? Hezbollah, Hamas or maybe the muslim brotherhood? Israel is our only friend in the Middle East and the only one that deserves our help and compassion.
    Mr. Davis, Ron Paul has nothing to do with this website, and never has. It was started by a grassroots supporter before the last election.

Ron Paul's message of peace, liberty and prosperity attracts supporters from across the political spectrum and I can assure you that forum members often do not agree on a variety of things.

Dr. Paul's stance is that the U.S. government should not be giving foreign aid to any country. This is in keeping with the stance of our Founding Fathers. Read George Washington's Farewell Address where he warned us not to entangle alliances.

Are you sure that our current foreign policy is beneficial to Israel? Think about it for a minute, the way it stands now, the U.S. government gives aid to Israel and also to Israel's enemies. To keep getting that aid, Israel has to ask our government's permission before they defend themselves. How is this in Israel's best interest?

Dr. Paul wants Israel to be able to act in their own self-interest and make those decisions for themselves what they need to do to defend her. In addition, nothing is stopping any and all U.S. citizens, such as yourself, to send your own money to Israel.

If you stop and think about it sir, I think you will see that Dr. Paul is much more of a friend to Israel than those who have and are arming her enemies and forcing Israel to ask permission before they defend their own country.

In the end, the United States and Israel are two separate countries and the U.S. government's duty has to be to the United States.

Note: You may want to visit www.campaignforliberty.com. That is an organization founded by Ron Paul.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 06-06-2011 at 11:51 AM.

The Israeli government would wipe out the Palestinians if they could. Does that count? Also, Israel's game is stealing land. They took Golan Heights because the Syrians had an advantage from a high position to attack Israel. Now, the Israelis are claiming that they cannot return the land they stole in the West Bank because it would allow the Palestinians to fire rockets at Israelis from a much shorter distance. Steal land, then claim it is done in the name of "national security". Cram all the Palestinians into Gaza and then poison them. If the Israelis can treat their neighbors this way, what would prevent them from treating anybody and everybody this way if it is to their benefit?
    Again, Israel would not wipe out Palestinians. They didn't steal the land. They won it after they were attacked by the Syrians. "Cram them into to Gaza and Poison them" Give me a break. The Palistinians don't want peace. They get back what they earn.

LibertyEagle, I'm in agreement with you.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Israel is the only democracy in the the Middle East
    have you been folowing the news lately?

and what difference does Israel being a democracy make? Apartheid South Africa was ahead of most of it's neighbors in many ways and more "Western". It's a property issue. The arabs who had been there for the preceding 18 CENTURIES never agreed to zionism.

+rep @ LE.

Israeli Zionists and economists agree with Rand Paul and Ron Paul that US Foreign Aid is bad for Israel.

Israeli Economists Agree with Rand Paul: End Foreign Aid

Daniel Sayani | The New American
    07 February 2011

Related Articles:

Senator Rand Paul: End All Foreign Aid
    Tea Party favorite and freshman Kentucky Senator Rand Paul may have crossed a third rail of politics by suggesting the federal government zero out all foreign aid, even to Israel, America's largest foreign aid recipient over the past 30 years.

Senator Rand Paul Defends Israel
    Senator Rand Paul's stance against foreign aid for countries including Israel has raised controversy. However, this must be evaluated in the context of his broader pro-Israel policy.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Ron Paul Counters Obama Policy on Israel, Middle East

20 May 2011 | Congressman Ron Paul issued a blistering critique of President Obama's recent proposal to have Israel surrender its territory to pre-1967 borders, create a Palestinian state, and aid Egypt as well as Obama's implicit threat to attack Syria.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Ron Paul says we should not take sides in Israel's wars and we get blowback for supporting Israel. He goes on to say Palestinians are living in concentration camp like conditions and mostly unarmed facing a strong Israeli military. Ron Paul says American weapons and funds are being used in Israel's killing of Palestinians and US has moral responsibility.

If that is supporting Israel, whole America should be Israel's supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I think it's kind of like saying "I have a lot of gay friends..." before making a joke bashing gays. It may or may not be true, but you gotta cover your ass (strange unintended pun) in today's world.
    exactly!!!! Nice analogy!
    I love my country, but I fear my government

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast