Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox News Debate Focus Group Video That Shows Actual Poll Results

Fox News Debate Focus Group Video That Shows Actual Poll Results [2nd Version]

Most of you are aware of the FOX News "Focus Group" video that was declaring Herman Cain winner of the first GOP presidential debate. I edited that video and added screenshots of 4 different Fox News online polls that show Ron Paul as winner. I'm an amateur so please be easy on me!

p.s. I made this video right after the debate but am only now posting here because I didn't know a "media spin" category existed until another member recommended I post here. Indeed I am a noob to the RonPaulForums!!

edit: I made a few small edits to the video. Feedback is welcomed so please let me know if this version is better or worse.

Original Post

Last edited by HarrySeaward; 05-27-2011 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Added second version of video
    Twitter: @JayToTheDee YouTube: RealHarrySeaward

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dude, this is awesome, welcome to the RPF Forums!

Lol @ "How many of you were told to raise your hand."

Thanks Bruno!! Being new I was a bit nervous when I posted my first comment and likewise just now when posting this thread but this forum is awesome and seems to be full of some really nice people.

That was great!

My 2 cents: I think it would be fun to emphasize the ridiculousness of how many polls Fox kept creating because Ron Paul kept winning. Something with carnival or circus music in the background.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

I am curious about the Fox online poll after the debate. Was it all Ron Paul supporters voting in the online poll?

Welcome to the forums!!!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    Welcome to the forums!!!
    Thank you. I have to say your title Moderator/Resident Jew gave me a good laugh!!

Good job. I have to call them how i see them though. We are shown 2 completely different results to the same question. One is with live people right in front of our eyes and the other is an online poll. Most people are going to assume the online poll to be the not accurate one and the one tampered with in some way.
    "Look, the American people have chosen to have a fiat money standard because they want a welfare state. You cannot have a gold standard and a welfare state at the same time. You have to make the choice. We have made a decision as a society that we’ll be dealing with the welfare state." -Alan Greenspan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HarrySeaward View Post
    Most of you are aware of the FOX News "Focus Group" video that was declaring Herman Cain winner of the first GOP presidential debate. I edited that video and added screenshots of 4 different Fox News online polls that show Ron Paul as winner. I'm an amateur so please be easy on me!

p.s. I made this video right after the debate but am only now posting here because I didn't know a "media spin" category existed until another member recommended I post here. Indeed I am a noob to the RonPaulForums!!

Great post!!

We should do one where we edit the audio to raise hands for ron paul!

This needs to go viral. Plus a couple more of these versions made for youtube.

Good video. But at the end where they raise their hands all at once and before being asked to raise their hands, at first, did not make sense until I watched it closely a second time. Since it's for the general public I'd point that out before that part is shown. And while editing I would dub in Sean Hanity, Bill O'Reilly, and the other Fox creatures voices saying "Ron Paul" after Frank asks the question "who won." And I'd would replay Frank asking the question over again before each poll is shown.
    Last edited by John of Des Moines; 05-17-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Great first thread and please make more videos because you are very talented. +rep

The 29 most important people in America chose Herman Cain, so it must be true.

Thank you. I have to say your title Moderator/Resident Jew gave me a good laugh!!
    hehe kotin is the man and welcome harryseaward to the revolution!!!!! now lets go kick some a__!!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 05-18-2011 at 06:53 AM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John of Des Moines View Post
    Good video. But at the end where they raise their hands all at once and before being asked to raise their hands, at first, did not make sense until I watched it closely a second time. Since it's for the general public I'd point that out before that part is shown. And while editing I would dub in Sean Hanity, Bill O'Reilly, and the other Fox creatures voices saying "Ron Paul" after Frank asks the question "who won." And I'd would replay Frank asking the question over again before each poll is shown.
    great suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Lux lucis View Post
    Time for the benny hill music

Plus, point out Frank's people are all losers in his game of Simon Says.

Nice, thanks for the feedback. I like the suggestion to replay Frank asking the question before each screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaNY View Post
    The 29 most important people in America chose Herman Cain, so it must be true.
    hahaha Frank is amazing, and in the worst way.

Strong entry into the forums

The poll itself was hilarious enough, but this just builds on it. During the interview process, there was one guy who complained the candidates seemed to dodge questions. Luntz kind of skirted that whole thing and the other folks drowned it out.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Nice, thanks for the feedback. I like the suggestion to replay Frank asking the question before each screenshot.
    No problem. Just list me in the credits as "Creative Consultant."

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post

I love that the guy in your avatar animation is dancing almost perfectly to the beat of this theme song. (everyone must go to speciallyblend's comment on page 2 and listen to this while watching his avatar).

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TodaysEpistleReading View Post
    That was great!

My 2 cents: I think it would be fun to emphasize the ridiculousness of how many polls Fox kept creating because Ron Paul kept winning. Something with carnival or circus music in the background.
    lol. That would be fun.

No problem. Just list me in the credits as "Creative Consultant."
    Please tell me you are kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Please tell me you are kidding.
    If the "Quick Reply" had various emoticons ... Now in case I'm nominated for and win an Oscar in the category "Best Creative Consultant of an Internet Short Documentary" I keep the statue but win or lose I'll share the goodie bag.
    Last edited by John of Des Moines; 05-19-2011 at 08:34 AM.

If the "Quick Reply" had various emoticons ... Now in case I'm nominated for and win an Oscar in the category "Best Creative Consultant of an Internet Short Documentary" I keep the statue but win or lose I'll share the goodie bag.
    lol

I tried to incorporate some of your suggestions as best I could(given that my ability is limited). My edits aren't as smooth as I'd hoped but anyway I posted the second version in this thread.

Great video.. welcome to the forums. I am leaving you some +rep
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast