Thread: I, Pencil

freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for posting this. I'd never heard of "I, Pencil" before, so a brief explanation for others might help. Here's how I'd sum it up:

"I, Pencil" is a short story on the life of a pencil, giving a perfect case study of free markets in action. It's a nice, easy read and makes its point.

If anyone wonders whether free markets could provide certain services, show them "I, Pencil".

Good read. That is something I can now mark off my reading list (it was on a reading list but I never new how short it was).
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

Quote Originally Posted by UK4Paul View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I'd never heard of "I, Pencil" before, so a brief explanation for others might help. Here's how I'd sum it up:

"I, Pencil" is a short story on the life of a pencil, giving a perfect case study of free markets in action. It's a nice, easy read and makes its point.

If anyone wonders whether free markets could provide certain services, show them "I, Pencil".
    It also illustrates beautifully the division of labor. Definitely one of the best libertarian essays ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Year+ bump.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Once you read this, it reveals the miracle of the true miracle of life - centralized government is not needed to protect life. Free exchanging individuals create miracles everyday; this is the market and it is what really protects us.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.