Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Faith and Religious Views: "I get to my God through Christ… the Prince of Peace."

Ron Paul Faith and Religious Views: "I get to my God through Christ… the Prince of Peace."

http://www.nationalbroadside.com/?p=18104

Congressman and Presidential candidate Ron Paul doesn’t wear his faith on his sleeve the way many politicians do. While this, along with his libertarian positions on public policy, might make it seem like religion doesn’t figure very strongly into Ron Paul’s view of the world, in truth Ron Paul– an evangelical Christian and member of the Baptist Church– is a very quietly devout man with strong family values and an unquestionable faithfulness to his family and wife of over fifty years....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ahhh given the way he votes NO all the time, I'd have to disagree with what is posted above. It doesn't make sense. He would almost have to be a Protestant.

Does anyone know for sure ?
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaCato View Post
    Ahhh given the way he votes NO all the time, I'd have to disagree with what is posted above. It doesn't make sense. He would almost have to be a Protestant.

Does anyone know for sure ?
    What are you talking about? Baptists are Protestants.

ugh! - I thought this was RPF's - not bible thumper's incorporated....

Quote Originally Posted by rp08orbust View Post
    What are you talking about? Baptists are Protestants.
    Ohhh sorry I didn't know that. Just asking. Religion is complicated ya know.
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    perhaps you should find somebody else to support if you have a problem with Dr. Paul talking about his faith.

RP can't be a follower of Christ, I have it on good authority that he takes his marching orders from Al Qaeda.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    RP can't be a follower of Christ, I have it on good authority that he takes his marching orders from Al Qaeda.
    lol
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Haha. I am not a religious man, but we need to play up his faith to gain Christian votes. Have no problem with these threads.

Slutter McGee

How long before someone swaggers in here blathering about sky men and noodle monsters?

..You've seen the sky men too?

I thought I heard he was Episcopal?

Quote Originally Posted by RM918 View Post
    How long before someone swaggers in here blathering about sky men and noodle monsters?

This is his campaign subforum and this is an issue of interest to religious voters, so it belongs here.

I was thinking of it as kind of an outreach to those voters to let them get comfortable with Ron on an important point to them. I can't imagine why someone of faith, knowing the man's true qualities, would go to, say, Santorum or Bachmann over Ron. Whether those religious voters will have made it past some having the need to make fun of their faith and Ron's to read it, I don't know.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-16-2011 at 11:34 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Wow, I see that Ron Paul Flix is really having an impact. I dug up that video yesterday and posted it, and it quickly went viral and is our most watched video. That's pretty exciting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

Quote Originally Posted by Slutter McGee View Post
    Haha. I am not a religious man, but we need to play up his faith to gain Christian votes. Have no problem with these threads.

Slutter McGee

The thing is, while many fake faith, Ron really is a man of faith, and while he may not make a political point of it, it is important to many voters, so we need to get it out there.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Truest disciples of Christ know that God is a verb and present in all the actions that we choose in life. Unfortunately we have replaced our worship of God with that of money, sex, or govt.

That's funny. I also thought that this was a forum for people who support Ron Paul and would therefore be interested in talking about his ideas and positions. Apparently, I must have stumbled onto the forum for militant atheists determined to tank Ron Paul's candidacy.

Plurals don't require apostrophes.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Ron Paul's Statement of Faith:
    http://www.covenantnews.com/ronpaul070721.htm
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I would thump several bibles if it got Ron Paul elected.
    "Where liberty dwells, there is my country."
    Benjamin Franklin

Well he's not onee of those Buckle Of The Bible Belt kind of politician

rp can't be a follower of christ, i have it on good authority that he takes his marching orders from al qaeda.

lmao
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Not to sound sacreligious (sp) but Ron Paul is a true Christian.

As a Jewish person, I love Gandhi's famous quote of "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ". Ron Paul is the most purely Christian person that I know and admire, precisely because he does not wear his religion on his sleeve and does not seek to impose his values or beliefs upon others by force, only by example.

The "take care of yourself and take ownership of your life" message really has impacted me in many positive ways to improve my own life for the better.
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm no man of religion but frankly Ron Paul is. I am in the belief the atheist supporters he has and on this forum should probably chill out on all the anti religious rhetoric. If not for the sake of respect..how about for Ron Paul 2012.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
    I'm no man of religion but frankly Ron Paul is. I am in the belief the atheist supporters he has and on this forum should probably chill out on all the anti religious rhetoric. If not for the sake of respect..how about for Ron Paul 2012.
    Very true. I think Dr. Paul's chrisitanity is one of the most under estimated benefits of his person. I am personally going to send this info to many evangelicals I know because the evangelical christian block is a major part of the reps we can really benefit from if we emphasize it enough (though not using it as a tool because that is what Ron Paul is against).

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Truest disciples of Christ know that God is a verb and present in all the actions that we choose in life. Unfortunately we have replaced our worship of God with that of money, sex, or govt.
    Got a mouse in your pocket?

Quote Originally Posted by RM918 View Post
    Actually I prefer to call them Space Wizards.. but to each his own.

However I know this is just one of many points that ought to help us win Christian Republican votes. For many, simple fact is if it comes down to a Mormon vs a Christian, the Christian will win every time.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    The thing is, while many fake faith, Ron really is a man of faith, and while he may not make a political point of it, it is important to many voters, so we need to get it out there.
    +1. Religion IS a big issue to a lot of people. And the fact of the matter Ron Paul IS a devoted Christian. Why would anyone have an issue with that?
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Ron Paul does a great job of being a candidate who is also Christian, as opposed to a Christian candidate. You don't see people advertising themselves as Christian plumbers, but rather simply as plumbers, and you might find out they are Christian after you get to know them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast