Thread: OBL & Heroin

Angry OBL & Heroin

In the past 2 weeks RP has allowed these two totally irrelevant issues to erode any Republican primary voter goodwill he had going.

If he does not start staying on message, we are facing another 'educational' campaign.

Agree or not, he will remain relegated to 'fringe' candidate status.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He allowed it in the sense the he answered questions honestly that were asked of him. I expected nothing less. He'll do fine.
    Last edited by Bruno; 05-14-2011 at 10:12 PM.

In other news, Ron Paul is speaking like Ron Paul.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Boy View Post
    In the past 2 weeks RP has allowed these two totally irrelevant issues to erode any Republican primary voter goodwill he had going.

If he does not start staying on message, we are facing another 'educational' campaign.

Agree or not, he will remain relegated to 'fringe' candidate status.
    We discussed this extensively. Yes, he's his own worst enemy, but that's partially why he's so endearing. If he loses by hair, it will sting knowing what could have been. But we move on I guess.

Perhaps it is all part of some big secret plan to derail Dr. Paul and his promising campaign.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

I'd rather him lose and stick to his guns than win by playing politics. Getting elected by sugarcoating your beliefs will do nothing in the long run.

Remain true to yourself at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend1104 View Post
    Perhaps it is all part of some big secret plan to derail Dr. Paul and his promising campaign.
    Or perhaps they will keep repeating it and look foolish. Maybe that's Ron Paul's plan, get the media swirling on these nonsense issues, then get the real message out, in one nice package!

"For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by civusamericanus View Post
    Or perhaps they will keep repeating it and look foolish. Maybe that's Ron Paul's plan, get the media swirling on these nonsense issues, then get the real message out, in one nice package!
    I think the plan is more like "I will answer to the best of my ability and in accordance with my true opinion, any question I am asked, no matter the consequences."

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulitician View Post
    I think the plan is more like "I will answer to the best of my ability and in accordance with my true opinion, any question I am asked, no matter the consequences."
    Winner!

The title of this thread makes me think about the connection between terrorism and the war on drugs. The Taliban and Al Qaeda make huge profits in Opium production. (it'd actually be great for Ron Paul to illustrate this connection, when asked about both things in an interview, imo.)

But nope... it's just another person bitching about Ron Paul being too much like Ron Paul, lol.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

He needs to learn how to lead the interviewer into another subject that really matters to people, instead of accepting whatever idiotic questions he is asked. This is the only way to cut through the crap.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 05-14-2011 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    In other news, Ron Paul is speaking like Ron Paul.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Damnit Anti-Fed! How many times must this happen!?

But, seriously. Ron Paul is Ron Paul. I love him because he is honest and earnest, not because he knows how to make people agree with him.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulitician View Post
    Yeah I keep forgetting, the media knows Ron Paul will ALWAYS answer honestly. I think the OBL and Heroin thing is getting rather old quickly.
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

Quote Originally Posted by ClayTrainor View Post
    The title of this thread makes me think about the connection between terrorism and the war on drugs. The Taliban and Al Qaeda make huge profits in Opium production. (it'd actually be great for Ron Paul to illustrate this connection, when asked about both things in an interview, imo.)

But nope... it's just another person bitching about Ron Paul being too much like Ron Paul, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Damnit Anti-Fed! How many times must this happen!?

But, seriously. Ron Paul is Ron Paul. I love him because he is honest and earnest, not because he knows how to make people agree with him.
    The lunacy of the whole thing:

The Afghan opium crop: buy it or legalise it?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5769154.ece

For Western governments exasperated by their failure to curb the Afghan drugs trade there are two tempting solutions gaining credence in some circles: buy it or legalise it.

When the US-led invasion toppled the Taleban Government eight years ago, Afghanistan's opium production was virtually zero because the clerics had largely eradicated poppy cultivation. Last year Afghanistan produced 7,700 tonnes of opium - worth about $2.9 billion (£2 billion) - accounting for 90 per cent of the world's illegal supply.

The US alone spends $1 billion a year in Afghanistan on a counter-narcotics strategy that Richard Holbrooke, the US special envoy to the region, calls “the single most ineffective policy in the history of American foreign policy”. Britain, for its part, spent £2.5 billion last year on military operations against a Taleban insurgency inextricably linked to the drugs trade.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The lunacy of the whole thing:

The Afghan opium crop: buy it or legalise it?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5769154.ece

For Western governments exasperated by their failure to curb the Afghan drugs trade there are two tempting solutions gaining credence in some circles: buy it or legalise it.

When the US-led invasion toppled the Taleban Government eight years ago, Afghanistan's opium production was virtually zero because the clerics had largely eradicated poppy cultivation. Last year Afghanistan produced 7,700 tonnes of opium - worth about $2.9 billion (£2 billion) - accounting for 90 per cent of the world's illegal supply.

The US alone spends $1 billion a year in Afghanistan on a counter-narcotics strategy that Richard Holbrooke, the US special envoy to the region, calls “the single most ineffective policy in the history of American foreign policy”. Britain, for its part, spent £2.5 billion last year on military operations against a Taleban insurgency inextricably linked to the drugs trade.
    I really think this would be a good talking point for Ron Paul. Whenever terrorism and the War on drugs are brought up in the same interview, he should draw the connection and condemn the hell out of it.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by ClayTrainor View Post
    I really think this would be a good talking point for Ron Paul. Whenever terrorism and the War on drugs are brought up in the same interview, he should draw the connection and condemn the hell out of it.
    Couldn't agree more, it's a great talking point, I think.

Especially now that the whole thing is revolving around the ne plus ultra of all drugs, heroin.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-15-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtm845 View Post
    I'd rather him lose and stick to his guns than win by playing politics. Getting elected by sugarcoating your beliefs will do nothing in the long run.
    Really? It worked for Obama.
    "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon." - Rorschach

Quote Originally Posted by guitarlifter View Post
    Really? It worked for Obama.
    And what will Obama be remembered for, in any honest historical accounting?

Continuation of the same old same old that he ran against.

I've accepted the fact that Ron isn't going to change the way he presents his message. He's going to state what he believes, (The Truth) and continue to do so no matter how opposed people are to his message. If he were to water down his message just to get elected, we'd gain a president that would have become adjusted to hiding his real beliefs and because of it, the people of America would never have been able to take in his true message, thus the people would have remained unchanged in their beliefs. Instead, Ron's taking the opposite approach by keeping his message consistent, educating and changing the beliefs of people around the country. Because Ron doesn't alter his message based on the type of people he's speaking to, there will be many people that are resistant to his message, so it will be up to us to present his message correctly, according to the beliefs of the people we are speaking to. So in the end, let Ron educate and change people's beliefs as he did with all of us, while we (The Grassroots) do the necessary work to present (Sell) his message to people in the most effective way possible.

Like I said above though, Ron does need to learn how to lead the interviewer into other subjects that are well suited to him, instead of accepting the bull$#@! questions.
    Last edited by Sentinelrv; 05-15-2011 at 12:17 AM.

I suppose some posters on this forum have different goals. My goal for RP is to win the (R) nomination then take on Obama. We are 1 week into this thing and they already have framed the narrative with no substantial pushback from RP. Hate to be negative, but this is not a winning strategy that I can finance.

I suppose some posters on this forum have different goals. My goal for RP is to win the (R) nomination then take on Obama. We are 1 week into this thing and they already have framed the narrative with no substantial pushback from RP. Hate to be negative, but this is not a winning strategy that I can finance.
    The status quo has you financing a losing strategy already, though (taxes).

Note that in 2008, he went from 0-1% to 7-8% mostly thanks to his seemingly controversial statement that (paraphrased) "they attack us because we occupy their lands".

Although the bin Laden, heroin, and Civil Rights act quotes may seem too controversial to help in the short run, they may very well prove to be helpful in the long run. That's not to say Paul should go looking for these kind of issues, but I don't think he has to shy away from them.

I thought the Taliban were funding their terrorism with Opium money? This article below says that drugs are against their religion, and the Taliban virtually eradicated opium... then 9/11 happen and I guess the drugs were no longer against their religion because production of opium shot up 1000%...

hxpp://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/13/world/taliban-s-eradication-of-poppies-is-convulsing-opium-market.html

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was once a RP fanatic, but I've taken a step back to realize he is not politically palpable for the masses unless he really gets his messaging in order.

I was once a RP fanatic, but I've taken a step back to realize he is not politically palpable for the masses unless he really gets his messaging in order.
    I don't think he will. It's up to the masses to change.
    You either believe that within your society more individuals are good than evil, and that by protecting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible, or you believe that within your society more individuals are evil than good, and that by limiting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by civusamericanus View Post
    I thought the Taliban were funding their terrorism with Opium money? This article below says that drugs are against their religion, and the Taliban virtually eradicated opium... then 9/11 happen and I guess the drugs were no longer against their religion because production of opium shot up 1000%...

hxpp://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/13/world/taliban-s-eradication-of-poppies-is-convulsing-opium-market.html
    One of those things that makes you go "hmmmm", right?

All of a sudden with our "liberation" the opium production skyrockets.

There are some who say Pat Tillman was murdered simply because he was going to come back to the states and start running his mouth about how guarding the opium production is the primary mission in Afghanistan.

Wouldn't be the first time the USG and it's intelligence agencies were eyeball deep in the drug trade.