Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBFOUNDED: You have NO RIGHT to resist UNLAWFUL entry of Police to your HOME in IN

DUMBFOUNDED: You have NO RIGHT to resist UNLAWFUL entry of Police to your HOME in IN

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/g...3df229697.html

Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home

INDIANAPOLIS | Overturning a common law dating back to the English Magna Carta of 1215, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes.

In a 3-2 decision, Justice Steven David writing for the court said if a police officer wants to enter a home for any reason or no reason at all, a homeowner cannot do anything to block the officer's entry.

"We believe ... a right to resist an unlawful police entry into a home is against public policy and is incompatible with modern Fourth Amendment jurisprudence," David said. "We also find that allowing resistance unnecessarily escalates the level of violence and therefore the risk of injuries to all parties involved without preventing the arrest."
    Much more at the link here....

Seriously, I am pretty much in shock an American court could rule this way. Actually, no I am not.
    Last edited by Cowlesy; 05-13-2011 at 04:56 PM.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My natural right as a living organism to defend myself from harm can never be taken away by law. I will defend myself no matter what the circumstances or consequences are, as will most living organisms.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

How about if we show up where they are sleeping?

P.S. You know. In the name of safety and all.

Oh, well, if that's what that state wants to do, the 10th amendment allows them.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMB0B View Post
    Oh, well, if that's what that state wants to do, the 10th amendment allows them.
    Don't know about that, it's in conflict with the 4th, no?
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post

Yeah..that's what I thought. Also figured that the State itself must have something in it's constitution in regards to the issue.

The 10th amendment doesn't give state govt's the right to do anything they see fit.

Your so-called elected officials that so-called, represent the people.

Frankly, they're $#@!in nuts to allow this. It's like the mafioso crime families entering your business and home, shakin you down at will with no limits if they wish, then the colluding conspirator judges and courts backing up their roving thugs.

Who is writing this legislation for these judges to stamp the seal of approval(rule over the masses)?
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

"IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Yep. I missed that.

Remember, it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. If you understand this, I don't think this law stops you.
    (No, I'm not the Starcraft guy)

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old.
    And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

How do you know they are police at 3am? You have a duty to protect your family.

Resist anyway-the judgocracy be damned.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Now, in Indiana, when your door gets kicked in at oh dark thirty in the morning, you now must assume they are cops and sit quietly and submit to whatever comes next.

Got that, Mundane?

Look for more of this as time goes by.

And that is why things like this are happening more and more often.

Off duty Marine gunned down by SWAT team.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...n-by-SWAT-team

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Now, in Indiana, when your door gets kicked in at oh dark thirty in the morning, you now must assume they are cops and sit quietly and submit to whatever comes next.

Got that, Mundane?

It's been happening in Indiana for a while...

"At common law, a person was privileged to resist an unlawful arrest. See Gross v. State, 186 Ind. 581, 583, 117 N.E. 562, 564 (1917). Our courts, however, have uniformly accepted that this common law rule is outmoded in today‟s modern society. See Fields v. State, 178 Ind. App. 350, 355, 382 N.E.2d 972, 975 (1978) (holding that a private citizen may not use force or resist a peaceful arrest(If it exist in today's violence driving police force) by one he knows or has good reason to believe is an authorized officer perform-ing his duties, regardless of whether the arrest is legal or illegal)"
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

No way in hell, nor anyplace else.
    And there is case law and history. This decision is unprecedented and contrary to established law.
    http://constitution.org/uslaw/defunlaw.txt
    Your Right of Defense Against Unlawful Arrest

“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting
    officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This
    premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the
    case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529. The Court stated: “Where the
    officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally
    accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with
    very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right
    to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What
    may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter
    in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been
    committed.”

“An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without
    affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within jurisdiction,
    and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. lf the
    arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will
    be no more than an involuntary manslaughter.” Housh v. People, 75 111.
    491; reaffirmed and quoted in State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452; State v.
    Gleason, 32 Kan. 245; Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349; State v Rousseau,
    241 P. 2d 447; State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

“When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right
    to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by
    force, and if, in the reasonable exercise of his right of self defense,
    his assailant is killed, he is justified.” Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80;
    Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.

“These principles apply as well to an officer attempting to make an
    arrest, who abuses his authority and transcends the bounds thereof by
    the use of unnecessary force and violence, as they do to a private
    individual who unlawfully uses such force and violence.” Jones v. State,
    26 Tex. App. I; Beaverts v. State, 4 Tex. App. 1 75; Skidmore v. State,
    43 Tex. 93, 903.

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to
    be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in
    defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and
    battery.” (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).

“Each person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case,
    the person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer
    and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self- defense.” (State v.
    Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100).

“One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as
    he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus
    it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an
    officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without
    resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

“Story affirmed the right of self-defense by persons held illegally. In
    his own writings, he had admitted that ‘a situation could arise in which
    the checks-and-balances principle ceased to work and the various
    branches of government concurred in a gross usurpation.’ There would be
    no usual remedy by changing the law or passing an amendment to the
    Constitution, should the oppressed party be a minority. Story concluded,
    ‘If there be any remedy at all ... it is a remedy never provided for by
    human institutions.’ That was the ‘ultimate right of all human beings in
    extreme cases to resist oppression, and to apply force against ruinous
    injustice.’” (From Mutiny on the Amistad by Howard Jones, Oxford
    University Press, 1987, an account of the reading of the decision in the
    case by Justice Joseph Story of the Supreme Court.

As for grounds for arrest: “The carrying of arms in a quiet, peaceable,
    and orderly manner, concealed on or about the person, is not a breach of
    the peace. Nor does such an act of itself, lead to a breach of the
    peace.” (Wharton’s Criminal and Civil Procedure, 12th Ed., Vol.2: Judy
    v. Lashley, 5 W. Va. 628, 41 S.E. 197)
    However it is expected, and I am unsurprised.
    You now understand the rules of the game are changed.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Got that, Mundane?

Amazing, isn't it? Police are set up to fight crime. Police begin committing crimes. Then regulations are passed to make it easier for the police to commit crimes. Which, of course, just makes it much easier for criminals to commit crimes. Sort of like the 'entrapment special' unmarked patrol cars, which allow rapists to snag their victims with just a flashing red light.

Grab Constitution, wipe ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You don't own your house.

You're just renting it from the government (property taxes) who will periodically break in and cause a ruckus.

Quote Originally Posted by tasteless View Post
    Remember, it's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. If you understand this, I don't think this law stops you.
    Only that works some of the time. If it is a ""legal" or "non legal" bust and law enforcement breaks into your home, then you would be carried by 6 anyway. Only time this would work is if some non law enforcement were to break in and you shot them. Of course that would end the battle and you could be judged by 12. Law enforcement isn't usually going to let you live if you resist and shoot some of them, so it will usually be carried by 6 rather than judged by 12.
    Last edited by Dr.3D; 05-13-2011 at 06:04 PM.

"We believe ... a right to resist an unlawful police entry into a home is against public policy and is incompatible with modern Fourth Amendment jurisprudence," David said. "We also find that allowing resistance unnecessarily escalates the level of violence and therefore the risk of injuries to all parties involved without preventing the arrest."
    Classic. Now resisting tyranny is bad because it could cause unnecessary violence.

"The law is an ass." - Charles Dickens
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

This is some $#@!ed up bull$#@!.

And should not be followed.

People need to keep in mind that they have Rights, not because LAW EXISTS, because THEY as a Person Exist.

When Laws are created, passed, and upheld in the Courts that deprive people of their Most Basic Rights, then We The People need to start depriving the Government of its Rights that it usurped from us to begin with.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Here's the deal: the dynamics of how police, legally, deal with us Mundanes has been changed.

The force continuum has been altered, mostly by federal edict, (ETA - also civil suits, insurance companies and police unions have had a role in changing this dynamic) it is now circular rather than vertically oriented.

What does that mean to us common folk?

It means that government has fundamentally changed how it's front line enforcers react and deal with citizens.

Let me be absolutely clear here: if an officer feels that "officer safety" is in jeopardy, he is now legally and civilly authorized, as this poor fellow found out, to blow you away like lint. That will also be the excuse used to let you bleed out and die in front of your screaming wife and kids. And who knows? If they make a move, they'll get blown away as well.

Let me be as blunt and clear as I can be about this as well:

DO NOT CALL COPS FOR ANY REASON.

DO NOT TALK TO COPS FOR ANY REASON.

These people have now made it clear, by their actions over and over and over again over the last 20 years or so, that they are nothing more than members of a vicious occupying army.

Interaction with these people can prove fatal.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-13-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Might be coming to CA soon, cuz it sure is something my state will like to have...
    They use force, to make you do, what the deciders have decided you must do. -- Eldridge Cleaver

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Entire Government has a Financial Incentive for people to break the law. They dont pass any laws for anyones benefit, they pass laws so that people will break them, so that government will profit from your Loss of Liberties.

Using smellgood candles is not a Constitutional Right. How long until a law is passed where you can be fined for offending an officers nose when they break and enter into your home unlawfully. This is insult on top of injury and it is only going to get worse from here.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Humanae Libertas View Post
    Might be coming to CA soon, cuz it sure is something my state will like to have...
    Ha Ha.

When have they needed a law in California to allow them to do something like this?

Well in a long time anyways. It felt like we used to have honest cops back when they upheld the law and did things like enforced the immigration laws. Now they seem to take their orders from outside of our country.

There's always that pesky, second amendment that keeps "them" from total control...
    Last edited by TheeJoeGlass; 05-13-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Good job, Pericles. But believe it or not, it's actually, '...the law is a ass.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Here's the deal: the dynamics of how police, legally, deal with us Mundanes has been changed.

The force continuum has been altered, mostly by federal edict, it is now circular rather than vertically oriented.

What does that mean to us common folk?

It means that government has fundamentally changed how it's front line enforcers react and deal with citizens.

Let me be absolutely clear here: if an officer feels that "officer safety" is in jeopardy, he is now legally and civilly authorized, as this poor fellow found out, to blow you away like lint. That will also be the excuse used to let you bleed out and die in front of your screaming wife and kids. And who knows? If they make a move, they'll get blown away as well.

Let me be as blunt and clear as I can be about this as well:

DO NOT CALL COPS FOR ANY REASON.

DO NOT TALK TO COPS FOR ANY REASON.

These people have now made it clear, by their actions over and over and over again over the last 20 years or so, that they are nothing more than members of a vicious occupying army.

Interaction with these people can prove fatal.
    Absolutely.
    +Rep
    http://www.amazon.com/Theft-Sovereig...4206087&sr=1-1

For the last hundred years the fragile fabric of American liberty has been under siege.

Astounding findings by our very own elected officials have time and time again been suppressed to fall on deaf ears.

Read all about it in "Theft of Sovereignty" my new paperback 268 pgs.

Just because a court says it doesn't make it so.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast