View Poll Results: What should RP's response to Steph's "last time around it didn't work out" comment?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Well in many ways it did - it gave me a huge activist following and fundraising machine.

10 62.50%
  • Gimme a break, pal - last time I announced on CSPAN, this time I announced on Good Morning America.

5 31.25%
  • Yet.

1 6.25%

Thread: Best Response to Steph's Final Quip on Good Morning America

Best Response to Steph's Final Quip on Good Morning America

Great announcement on Good Morning America. But Stephanopolus got in that last zinger "you bet me everything in my pocket that you'd win the nomination, and it didn't turn out that way." Sure, it caught Ron off guard but it was one of those moments where, after the video ended, I paced back and forth thinking of better responses. Here are a few - which do you like the best?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's Monday morning. Stop quarterbacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

"Go $#@! yourself, you ******."

Last time was different, Ron is the man now. He should of said:

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It's Monday morning. Stop quarterbacking.
    Quit yer crying and indulge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    Who's crying, again? I'm the one who is satisfied with the interview the way it was.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Don't count your money before the game is over. 2008 was just the first half.

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

What did he have in his pocket during that interview? $.78, $29.34 Just hand him a handfull of change and a couple of dollars and make good on the bet.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who's crying, again? I'm the one who is satisfied with the interview the way it was.
    You're whining and calling me a monday morning quarterback when all I'm guilty of was setting up a witty poll.

Quote Originally Posted by olehounddog View Post
    What did he have in his pocket during that interview? $.78, $29.34 Just hand him a handfull of change and a couple of dollars and make good on the bet.
    Yeah - here's my $5, I'll keep the huge activist and donor base.

Ron dominated Steph with the stupid viewer question regarding FEMA and floods. Responses like Ron gave to that question make me fall in love with him all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    Still not crying, as I like the interview the way it was. But I guess I can indulge you.

Who says I wasn't running a 2012 campaign the whole time?

Had to start early. Needed three years to change my name from He Who Must Not Be Named to Ron Paul, and three more years to win.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulitician View Post
    Don't count your money before the game is over. 2008 was just the first half.
    That's great!

Still not crying, as I like the interview the way it was. But I guess I can indulge you.

Who says I wasn't running a 2012 campaign the whole time?
    I like that one.

The interviewer sounded like he was in a really bad mood.
    I'm fed up with those old 2008 standard RP questions like - why not be an independent, are you electable, herione blah blah blah
    Get some new questions. Ones that actually matter.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Steph" sounds like a bacterial infection.

BTW: Apologies for the horrible wording of the poll - I had to fit it into 100 characters or less.

I think publicly kicking around ways to make Ron's talking points and presentation better is a perfectly fine, even occasionally productive, thing to do. Don't think Ron and his advisors don't sit around doing the exact same thing. Just so long as people don't let themselves forget that at a basic level, none of us can change who Ron Paul is and what his personality and mannerisms are like!

Just as well, there wasn't anything in your pocket in 2008. Who's in your pocket in 2012?

The money in your pocket in 2008 is worth x% less today. Would have been worth a lot more had I been elected.

The best one is "Who says I wasn't running a 2012 campaign the whole time."

Quote Originally Posted by t0rnado View Post
    "Go $#@! yourself, you ******."
    Winner.