Thread: C4L and Ron Paul at odds on NAT GAS act?

C4L and Ron Paul at odds on NAT GAS act?

http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/10/en...up-he-founded/

...The divide is so deep in fact, that it has even split the libertarian advocacy group Campaign For Liberty, a co-signer of the March letter, with its founder, Texas Republican Rep. Ron Paul, who is co-sponsoring the tax credit bill. Paul discussed his support for tax credits during a recent interview with MSNBC, arguing that they are not subsidies, as his critics would call them, but rather another form of tax reductions.

“I don’t consider any tax break as a subsidy. That was not a spending bill, that was not a grant,” Paul said, referring to tax credits for oil companies, a separate bill that Congress plans to take up soon. “I vote to always give tax credits, and I always cut spending.”

But the letter calls for an end to “spending through refundable credits in the tax code,” which Paul supports.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/10/en...#ixzz1LwxNTQGg
    Check out the flattering picture they use of him as well.
    (No, I'm not the Starcraft guy)

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old.
    And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have no inside knowledge of this, but it could've been done intentionally. It might be a way for the CFL to attempt to distance themselves from Ron during the upcoming campaign in a way to show the FEC that they are not trying to get Ron elected (CFL isn't allowed to endorse candidates per the FEC/IRS regs). If they show they publicly disagree with Ron on a few (minor) points then they would have an easier time defending accusations that they are working on Ron's behalf. Pure speculation on my part, but plausible.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst