Thread: Rep. Kurt Bills Introduces Bill HF1664 to Make Gold/Silver Legal Tender in MN

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up Rep. Kurt Bills Introduces Bill HF1664 to Make Gold/Silver Legal Tender in MN

Looks like a piece of legislation worth supporting. There may not be time to get it going this session, but hopefully it will get some attention in the next one.

H.F. No 1664 Text

I note that the bill recognizes the Federal Reserve's role in weakening our paper currency. Unsurprisingly, the legislation is already coming under attack from the financially ignorant in the Minnesota blogosphere.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecraftian4Paul View Post
    Looks like a piece of legislation worth supporting. There may not be time to get it going this session, but hopefully it will get some attention in the next one.

H.F. No 1664 Text

I note that the bill recognizes the Federal Reserve's role in weakening our paper currency. Unsurprisingly, the legislation is already coming under attack from the financially ignorant in the Minnesota blogosphere.
    Mr. Bills used to be my teacher. I'm so proud to hear about this. Shocked it took me this long to see it.
    I support Ron Paul.

Is this against federal law?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Is this against federal law?
    States have the authority of determining what can be used as a tender in payment of debts by default, because the federal government does not have that specific constitutional authorization.

States are then prohibited by the Constitution from making any Thing but gold or silver coin a tender in payment of debts.
    From here. In short no, the supreme law of the land shall rule.

Skimmed over it, doesn't seem all too bad, in fact, it might just be better than the one that passed in Utah.
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

Kurt Bills, who is running for US Senate in MN, is about to have an end of quarter push!

I have met Kurt several times and have heard him speak on multiple occasions. Kurt is an Austrian-economics high school teacher who was elected to the State House and is running against the big-government Democrat Amy Klobuchar.

Senator Klobuchar was a co-sponsor for the CISPA/PIPA legislation which would give the government the ability to shut down whatever website it wanted to on a whim.

If we can get Kurt Bills to beat her, and it is possible to do, then we can send a message that we are REJECTING those who want to censor the Internet!

Kurt needs your help, please donate NOW to the End of Quarter Push:
    https://kurtbills.com/donate/

(Kurt Bills both endorsed Ron Paul and was endorsed BY Ron Paul)

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst