Thread: Gallop Poll: Majority of GOP wants 3rd Party

Thumbs up Gallop Poll: Majority of GOP wants 3rd Party

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    *snicker!*
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

...but it won't happen. Gerald Celente is wrong yet again since he has been saying since 2009 that there will be another major political party. Virtually everyone, if asked, is fine with a third party, they just won't vote for it. As the article suggests, it would just be another neocon controlled party. They even suggest Sarah Palin as its head. Eeep!

Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post
    ...but it won't happen. Gerald Celente is wrong yet again since he has been saying since 2009 that there will be another major political party. Virtually everyone, if asked, is fine with a third party, they just won't vote for it. As the article suggests, it would just be another neocon controlled party. They even suggest Sarah Palin as its head. Eeep!
    Everyone wants a DIFFERENT third party, one that perfectly suits them.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

PRINCETON, NJ — Fifty-two percent of Americans believe the Republican and Democratic parties do such a poor job of representing the people that a third party is needed. Forty percent believe they do an adequate job. The percentage calling for a third party is down from August, when it tied its high of 58%.
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/147461/Su..._term=Politics
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

While I support working within the framework of the GOP for the time being, I do think that if it doesn't work out this election cycle and there is no significant improvement in control of the established party, we will have to seriously consider leaving to form a new party. The only reason why I say "new party" instead Constitution or Libertarian parties is because I think the CP and the LP are simply too narrowly appealing and have bad reputations.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by nate895 View Post
    While I support working within the framework of the GOP for the time being, I do think that if it doesn't work out this election cycle and there is no significant improvement in control of the established party, we will have to seriously consider leaving to form a new party. The only reason why I say "new party" instead Constitution or Libertarian parties is because I think the CP and the LP are simply too narrowly appealing and have bad reputations.

Yeah but how would we avoid becoming the new LP or new CP? How can we prevent being marginalized?

Public opinion alone doesn't change policy... 70% wanted our wars ended but they are expanding. And that's just one issue.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned

Blog Entries
    Interesting. A neocons free party of likeminded libertarians and conservatarians?

If there were to be a new party, I'd suggest that the color be yellow, and the animal be a rattlesnake.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Yeah but how would we avoid becoming the new LP or new CP? How can we prevent being marginalized?
    The problem with the LP and CP is centralized control. What is ironic is that the major parties, while supporting centralization in government, are really confederations of state parties, which themselves have a federal relationship with their local affiliates. That's why the Democrats can keep So-Con Union members satisfied along with the "GLBT" crowd. In PA, they are very union-dominated party. In CA, they are a very libtard-dominated party. Same thing goes for the GOP. However, the CP and LP advocate for decentralized government, and yet make the state parties mere agents of the national party. What needs to happen is decentralized formation of a truly small government party. A party that combines the decentralized government of the D's and R's with the principles of the third parties. I am considering writing a lengthy post on a proposal.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.