Thread: What do we have on Mitch Daniels?

What do we have on Mitch Daniels?

Guy is getting a ground swell of support (at least around here).

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Looks like I poked the Mitch Daniels bear on twitter. Anyone have anything else?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...qshF_blog.html

The Mitch Daniels Inner Circle (listed alphabetically)

*Kim Alfano: Alfano served as Daniels’ media consultant in his 2004 and 2008 gubernatorial campaigns. While Daniels’ lore holds that he writes his own television ads, Alfano was also intimately involved in helping craft the populist persona that proved so successful for Daniels in Indiana. Alfano has also done work in the past for former Tennessee senator Fred Thompson’s presidential campaign and made the ads for Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad during the 2010 election.

* Debbie Hohlt: Hohlt runs Daniels’ D.C. office and is the main point of contact for the governor in the nation’s capital. She’s been in GOP politics for years including serving a stint at the Republican National Committee as deputy communications director during the 1988 election. Her husband, Rick, is a major GOP fundraiser — and a native Hoosier.

* Eric Holcomb: Holcomb is the first among equals in Daniels’ political world, having managed the governor’s 2008 re-election campaign. He is now the chairman of the Indiana Republican party, replacing Murray Clark, another Daniels’ ally, who stepped down at the end last year.

* Al Hubbard: Hubbard is an Indiana native who has spent considerable time in previous Republican Administrations, serving as head of the National Economic Council during George W. Bush’s second term. Hubbard was also a major fundraiser for Bush during the presiden’st two terms in office.

* Mark Lubbers: Lubbers is a longtime friend of Daniels who served as his top political adviser for a time in the governor’s office. He also managed Indiana Sen. Dick Lugar’s 1996 bid for president and helped organize the reality television show Daniels created during his gubernatorial campaigns. Lubbers is married to Teresa Lubbers, a former state senator and now the Commissioner of Higher Education in Indiana.

* Christine Matthews: Matthews is the low-profile pollster who handled survey research for Daniels during his 2004 and 2008 runs for governor. She is the president and founder of Bellwether Research.

* Brian McGrath: McGrath is the executive director of Aiming Higher, a Daniels-aligned political action committee in the state.(The group sponsored ads slamming state House Democrats for leaving town earlier this year.) McGrath has a hand in the fundraising and policy-making worlds of Daniels, according to those in the know.
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Obviously he did´nt create the jobs he promised:

Reality Check: Indiana job numbers don't add up
    http://www.wthr.com/story/12066021/r...edirected=true

Foreign policy weakness
    Mitch Daniels defended himself for saying he's "probably not" ready to debate President Barack Obama on foreign policy, insisting there's "no need for me to shoot my mouth off" until he is on solid footing as a candidate.
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1Lt3GevSO

As an Indiana resident, I can say that Governor Daniels did a fine job at selling off the state's toll road to a foreign consortium in what can only be described as a "penny wise, pound foolish" measure to gain the state some short term cash. He then labelled the terrible deal as "privatization," thus turning off almost everyone in the state to the idea of privatizing parts of government that really could be run better by the private sector.

In a few other areas, he's not been as bad. But I really detest how he gave privatization a bad name through his toll road sale.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.ontheissues.org/Mitch_Daniels.htm

Nothing horrible atm. Glaring holes on many areas.

Potential:
    Internet Sales Tax
    Supports abortion in certain cases(not sure how good this one is imo)

Someone on here once said he supported Ron Paul in 2008...?
    "It is not enough these days to simply question authority. You must speak with it, too."
    -Taylor Mali

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    -Samuel Adams

I know ... his last name is HOOOOOO!

We need just 8 or 9 more flawed and broke candidates that all the neocons can get all wiggly about! We got Newty! Come on Mitch Whatshisface! Woo Hoo!
    Last edited by HarryBrowneLives; 05-11-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kah13176 View Post
    Someone on here once said he supported Ron Paul in 2008...?
    I wouldn't be too surprised. He doesn't seem awful. Not as good as Ron Paul, but not awful. Better than Pawlenty, Santorum, etc.

Who?

Never trust a guy with two first names....uhh...err.. .wait a minute...nevermind
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    As an Indiana resident, I can say that Governor Daniels did a fine job at selling off the state's toll road to a foreign consortium in what can only be described as a "penny wise, pound foolish" measure to gain the state some short term cash. He then labelled the terrible deal as "privatization," thus turning off almost everyone in the state to the idea of privatizing parts of government that really could be run better by the private sector.

In a few other areas, he's not been as bad. But I really detest how he gave privatization a bad name through his toll road sale.
    Except he sold a state toll road that will never be finished. Free money.

Truth be told, if it comes down to it (primary votes in this state don't matter usually) I'd vote for Daniels.

He's an Arab. No really, he's an Arab. There's enough Republican primary voters that can be swayed to believe that he's a sleeper cell. Hell, if you wanted to, you could do a check of his family tree and easily connect him to some terrorist.

Don't even go there...we are better than that.
    http://www.iycki.org

Pro-life conservative Constitutionalist libertarian.

I stand with Rand.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by t0rnado View Post
    He's an Arab. No really, he's an Arab. There's enough Republican primary voters that can be swayed to believe that he's a sleeper cell. Hell, if you wanted to, you could do a check of his family tree and easily connect him to some terrorist.
    So is Justin Amash.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.