Thread: Osama Bin Laden Home Videos Released by Pentagon to PROVE He Was Caught!

Osama Bin Laden Home Videos Released by Pentagon to PROVE He Was Caught!

An historic event - the largest collection of material from a senior terrorist ever! woohoo! The Pentagon however removed the audio so as not to spread terrorist propaganda. Good thinking.

Link: abcnews.go.com

By MARTHA RADDATZ (@martharaddatz) and LUIS MARTINEZ (@LMartinezABC)
    WASHINGTON, May 7, 2011

The government today released five videos found in Osama bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, showing the al Qaeda leader preparing a message to the United States and watching himself on television.

The first was a previously unreleased message from bin Laden directed to the United States that was believed to have been filmed between Oct. 9 and Nov. 5 2010.

In the video, which begins with animated pre-production work, he appears to have dyed his beard black, is wearing a gold shawl over a white vestment and is wearing a white skullcap.

The second video, which runs over a minute long, shows bin Laden watching himself on television and holding the remote control to change the channels between what appear to be Arabic news channels.

The clip begins with a long shot of the screen, showing a list of satellite channels. The camera then pulls out and bin Laden is shown sitting down with a blanket over his shoulders and a wool cap. His beard is grey and white.

At one point bin Laden asks the cameraman to go back to the TV screen so it can focus on him holding a weapons.

It is unclear when or where this video was made and whether bin Laden was watching a live broadcast or a tape.

The remaining three videos appear to be practice sessions, possibly for the first video. In each of them he appears to stumble in his speech, stop and begin over.

This footage is among the trove of evidence found after the U.S. raid on the compound Sunday, when bin Laden and four others were killed.

"This is the single largest collection of senior terrorist materials ever," a senior intelligence official said.

The cache includes digital, audio, video, personal correspondence and documents, the official said.

The materials found "clearly show that bin Laden remained an active leader in al Qaeda strategically, tactically and operationally," and not the figurehead he was assumed to be, "making the recent operation even more essential to our nations security," the official said.

The materials show that bin Laden was plotting and conspiring terrorism focused on the United States, the official said.

The DNA analysis shows unquestionably that this was bin Laden, the senior intelligence official said. Based on the DNA evidence, the odds of the person killed in the raid not being bin Laden were 1 in 11.8 quadrillion, the official said.

The cache of electronic and handwritten materials obtained by the Navy SEALs who raided the compound includes numerous hallmark al Qaeda plots, including plans for attacks on infrastructure targets such as water supply and transportation including rail and air, in what one official described as a "strategic guide for how to attack the U.S."

It is unclear just how active bin Laden was in coordinating any operations or in blessing overall strategies and plots. One official said bin Laden appears to have thought of himself as something of a head coach to al Qaeda.
    Last edited by Lothario; 05-07-2011 at 12:25 PM.
    Vote4Reason.com - a work in progress...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought Osama's beard was graying. Did he start using just for men?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

I thought he was dying of Dialysis even back in 2001. Marfan syndrome?

He looks very healthy in this video.
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by KramerDSP View Post
    I thought he was dying of Dialysis even back in 2001. Marfan syndrome?

He looks very healthy in this video.
    Looks almost.... YOUNGER.
    I call BS.
    No audio because the audio wouldn't match current events.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

- Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    I thought Osama's beard was graying. Did he start using just for men?
    They say in the video that he was actively coloring his beard because of how vain he was.
    Vote4Reason.com - a work in progress...

hmm...

VS
    Those Who Do Not Move, Do Not Notice Their Chains.

The second video where he is watching himself shows an image of him superimposed next to Barack Obama in the TV screen, suggesting he was filmed watching himself after January of 2008 at the earliest. This is very interesting.

Can anyone compare this Osama with the fake video released a couple years after 9/11 with a clearly fake Osama imposter?
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

Nose job ?!?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The second video where he is watching himself shows an image of him superimposed next to Barack Obama in the TV screen, suggesting he was filmed watching himself after January of 2008 at the earliest. This is very interesting.
    that video shows only the left cheek of and old man wearing a hat.

could've been my grandpa.

Can anyone compare this Osama with the fake video released a couple years after 9/11 with a clearly fake Osama imposter?
    Why would Osama have someone take a video of him watching T.V anyway?

- Edward R. Murrow

Rivero - The FBI says Osama is left-handed, but the guy on the video is using his right hand for the remote control.

This story is full of more holes than a block of swiss cheese, or a small dog in a police raided house.
    Last edited by Freedom 4 all; 05-07-2011 at 12:51 PM.
    The main difference between the right and the left is that a right wing politician claims to protect your economic freedom, but does not, whereas a left wing politician claims to protect your social/personal freedom, but does not.

weak minds follow, conventional minds lead, great minds question

Epic fail! The latest release doesn't prove $#@!.
    "And who the hell are you?" he asked. "Me?" said Galt. "I'm the driver."

Banned

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherone View Post
    hmm...

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsUtvOW6SR0
    Last edited by doodle; 05-07-2011 at 12:49 PM.

So they didn't release the audio for fear of inciting terrorists? I don't know Arabic, but couldn't an Arabic speaker just read his lips and find out what he is saying?

Call it a conspiracy, but they don't want to release the audio because independent research facilities have looked at previous tapes and sound files and declared them fake, the voice not belonging to bin Laden.

They don't want people researching his voice and finding out it is not his voice. That's my hunch.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by doodle View Post
    lol

wtf?
    Last edited by teacherone; 05-07-2011 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    So they didn't release the audio for fear of inciting terrorists? I don't know Arabic, but couldn't an Arabic speaker just read his lips and find out what he is saying?

Call it a conspiracy, but they don't want to release the audio because independent research facilities have looked at previous tapes and sound files and declared them fake, the voice not belonging to bin Laden.

They don't want people researching his voice and finding out it is not his voice. That's my hunch.
    Bumping this. Anyone else think that this might be the case?
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Rivero - The FBI says Osama is left-handed, but the guy on the video is using his right hand for the remote control.
    I'm right handed and that doesn't stop me from using my left hand for the remote control...
    Last edited by RileyE104; 05-07-2011 at 11:27 PM.

Chester Copperpot

Maybe the real reason we went into Iraq was to get Baghdad Bob and dress him up like Bin laden so we could make all these dandy videos?