Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official May 5th Fox Debate Thread.

The Official May 5th Fox Debate Thread.

Ready for take off.

less geter' goin'

The Debate is at 9 PM to 10:30 PM EST on Fox News.

Foxnews link

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I tried to start a debate drinking/donating game here but it kinda failed. Hahaha.

Anyway! Let's have fun tonight everyone! Enjoy the show

Don't they usually create a new board just for the debates?

What time does the debate start, and where can i watch it online?
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Sitting in downtown Greenville with Josh waiting for debate to start seating.. Just picked up my tickets.. They gave a Carl Rove book with every ticket.. I promptly disposed of it in the nearest garbage can.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker1982 View Post
    this^
    this^

I think it's at 9pm Eastern but not sure.
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 05-05-2011 at 03:43 PM.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    Sitting in downtown Greenville with Josh waiting for debate to start seating.. Just picked up my tickets.. They gave a Carl Rove book with every ticket.. I promptly disposed of it in the nearest garbage can.
    Did they really? You should have asked if they had a Ron Paul book instead.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"A question about electability, everyone, do any of you have any?"

cool stage so far...I think Ron Paul's stage spot is on the "far-left".....hmmmm :\

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/20...south-carolina

The Debate is at 9 PM to 10:30 PM EST on Fox News.

I planned to start a new thread on this, but this thread seems to be a good fit. We are exactly 10 days removed from the four-year anniversary of one of the greatest politicial moments in U.S. History.

This moment began the rise of Ron Paul and the Ron Paul Revolution. Before this moment, Ron Paul was getting 1% nationally in the polls, and virtually nobody knew who he was or could recognize his name. 10 days removed from four years later, Ron Paul is a household name with 80% name recognition. He is polling 10% nationally, and is the leading fundraiser. Of anybody in the GOP field, he does best against the sitting President, according to the latest CNN poll. His son, Rand, is the Junior Senator of Kentucky, and Ron is the first House Representative in the history of the United States to serve at the same time his son is serving in the Senate.

My question to the forum is whether anybody will attempt to challenge Ron Paul. If there is a challenge, who will it come from, and what will the allegation be? My guess is that either Pawlenty or Gary Johnson go after Paul and try to steal some of his thunder. I suspect the allegation will be that a President Paul would not have captured Osama bin Laden or made the United States safer. RP will then talk about his proposed Letters of Marque and Reprisal in 2002, the TSA, the endless wars, trillions of dollars, billions in aid to Pakistan, and so forth. I hope to god that he slightly rehearses some of his soundbites.

It is certain he will use the "foreign aid takes money from poor people in rich countries and gives it to rich people in poor countries" and "constitutional foreign policy".
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

Do you think we will hit 1 mil by the start of the debate?

I hope RP goes in there like a warrior, although the neocons Pawlenty and Santorum will be easy pickins. I hope they ask Cain and Paul both questions about the Fed. Paul will tear him a new ass. This could get good if they ask a bunch of questions about the Fed. I doubt they will though.

What is the atmosphere like? Weigel tweeted that he was "seeing ALOT of Ron Paul 2012 buttons". What are your vibes about Ron's reception in SC tonight?
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

Has anyone been able to find out or sure if this will be streaming live on foxnews.com? I'm in the middle east and it doesn't appear it will air on AFN.
    Disclaimer
    Nothing I post is the official stance of the US Air Force. I am speaking as an individual under my first amendment rights.

Change for the sake of change but not doing the right thing is pure folly. Our Revolution must prevail. And it will!
    Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulNation.Org View Post
    "A question about electability, everyone, do any of you have any?"
    "According to polls out today I actually am they only candidate that comes close to beating Obama. " -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    "According to polls out today I actually am they only candidate that comes close to beating Obama. " -- Ron Paul
    I really hope that he brings this up in the debate.

Why does this thread have only one star? Bizarre.

Does anyone know if daylight savings time is going right now? Unfortunately I'm in one of like 2 states that don't recognize daylight savings time (arizona) and so 9PM eastern can either be 6 or 7:00 here.
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Kregisen View Post
    Does anyone know if daylight savings time is going right now? Unfortunately I'm in one of like 2 states that don't recognize daylight savings time (arizona) and so 9PM eastern can either be 6 or 7:00 here.
    It will be 6 for you.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    FOX says there will be a backlash from South Carolina voters for the candidates that didn't show up.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Who wants to bet me the OBL topic will be a question tonight, just to force a Republican/Obama love moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    FOX says there will be a backlash from South Carolina voters for the candidates that didn't show up.
    I don't think there will be 'backlash' as much as the other candidates are shooting themselves in the foot for not stealing Dr. Paul's thunder and skipping out on the event.

It'll do the folks in the audience a lot of good to take a break from Palin, Huckabee, and Romney.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    I don't think there will be 'backlash' as much as the other candidates are shooting themselves in the foot for not stealing Dr. Paul's thunder and skipping out on the event.

It'll do the folks in the audience a lot of good to take a break from Palin, Huckabee, and Romney.
    Ain't that the truth.

I don't know who said the backlash thing, but it was some guest on Baier's show. He acted like he knew SCians.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

+ freaking rep!!!!

You wouldn't happen to have a snowball or two in the cooler, would you?

Damn...

LOL
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-05-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by awake View Post
    Who wants to bet me the OBL topic will be a question tonight, just to force a Republican/Obama love moment?
    I would think Dr. Paul is hoping they will ask that question. I would also think they will ask a question about the Boeing plant deal that Obama is trying to deny S. Carolina.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast