Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wow all gains made in 2011 is lost in 1 week

wow all gains made in 2011 is lost in 1 week

wow, i'm still buying but just to mention all the gains we had so far this year was wiped out in 1 week and see no end in sight

EDIT: NM, the beginning of 2011 was 28. for some reason i thought it was 38.

admin delete this post.
    Last edited by psi2941; 05-05-2011 at 11:47 AM.
    Rand Benedict Paul.
    Not only did he sell us out, this douche bag did it to his own father! I'm more upset him selling his father out. I don't care who i think is going to win i would never sell my father out. If his willing to sell his father out what else is for sale?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not if you were smart and bought around 27$ at the bottom in late Jan, early Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by psi2941 View Post
    wow, i'm still buying but just to mention all the gains we had so far this year was wiped out in 1 week and see no end in sight

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Not if you were smart and bought around 27$ at the bottom in late Jan, early Feb.
    You never lose "if you were smart and bought at the bottom."

Problem is you never know where a top or bottom is until it is passed.

It was $14 when a Ron Paul friend told me to buy. Wish I had listened.

EXACT top/bottom? Sure. Can savy market analysis/investor be VERY close in calling said tops/bottoms based on knowledge of the market and it's state - YEP.

Buying at 27.15$ thinking it's around a bottom and having it actually bottom out at 26.85$ - and/or calling the action and subsequent rally is still impressive - more so when it's done CONSISTENTLY.

It is possible. Good traders do it FOR A LIVING.

Let's see how many can hang on.

Yeah it's not just silver, all commodities prices crashed.

This is a really good visual of what's going on: http://finviz.com/futures.ashx
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Stock markets - particularly the commodities loaded TSX are also bleeding rather significantly.

This is not just silver. POS will rebound with a vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by hazek View Post
    Yeah it's not just silver, all commodities prices crashed.

This is a really good visual of what's going on: http://finviz.com/futures.ashx

I think the sell off is temporary. Inflation is sure to hit big in the coming months and silver, gold, and all commodities have only one way to go. I predict Silver over $50 by September and $60 by the end of the year.

Looks like this is my time to buy some more.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    EXACT top/bottom? Sure. Can savy market analysis/investor be VERY close in calling said tops/bottoms based on knowledge of the market and it's state - YEP.

Buying at 27.15$ thinking it's around a bottom and having it actually bottom out at 26.85$ - and/or calling the action and subsequent rally is still impressive - more so when it's done CONSISTENTLY.

It is possible. Good traders do it FOR A LIVING.
    Yep...

What really sucks is when you call a bottom that is 2 cents higher than the actual bottom...and the orders don't execute!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I think the sell off is temporary. Inflation is sure to hit big in the coming months and silver, gold, and all commodities have only one way to go. I predict Silver over $50 by September and $60 by the end of the year.
    I say $20 by September.

What's causing this HUGE drop in commodity prices?
    To me, it doesn't make any sense. Our economy sucks, the dollar is crashing and our government is insolvent... why is gold and silver falling?

Do you think the Osama death has anything to do with this? Like people are feeling more optimistic about the future?
    And freedom’s flag, unfurled,
    Shall wave throughout the world.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkendonkey49 View Post
    To me, it doesn't make any sense. Our economy sucks, the dollar is crashing and our government is insolvent... why is gold and silver falling?

People need cash for their vacations.

I'll be buying shortly. I need more silver eagles.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Get ready. Its going to be like this for the next one or two years. Everything is going to be very volatile.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaMom View Post
    Do you think the Osama death has anything to do with this? Like people are feeling more optimistic about the future?
    Probably not, but who knows. Your guess is as good as anyones trying to figure out the psycological reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I say $20 by September.
    I'll pray you're right.

This is good news to me, I was telling my family to buy silver and gold well over a year ago, they would have done well had they listened. As for me I didn't have the money at the time, now I have some money to buy, so nice to see a price drop. It is only going to go up in value imho.

I think I will see how low can it go and then purchase a train ticket to the city and buy some silver. Can't buy it where I live, all we have are a few new shops buying gold, but they don't sell gold and no shops sell silver.
    Last edited by Bodhi; 05-05-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Animal spirits in the economy, I tell ya! lulz
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I say $20 by September.
    What factors make you feel it'll get pushed that low?
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by ClayTrainor View Post
    What factors make you feel it'll get pushed that low?
    Nothing. Just that silver is a commodity, and this is exactly what commodities do.

Nothing. Just that silver is a commodity, and this is exactly what commodities do.
    Correct. Silver/Gold/Oil/Etc are NOT for the weak at heart. While I am incredibly bullish on these in the long term, they can certainly take their fair share of bloody death beatings. Today for instance, Silver was down 11% while Oil was down over 9%. These drops should be expected and desired for most. These big drops, combined with $ cost averaging will really help balance and increase returns for most people (usually people get emotional and sell/buy at the wrong time).

Quote Originally Posted by jclay2 View Post
    Correct. Silver/Gold/Oil/Etc are NOT for the weak at heart. While I am incredibly bullish on these in the long term, they can certainly take their fair share of bloody death beatings. Today for instance, Silver was down 11% while Oil was down over 9%. These drops should be expected and desired for most. These big drops, combined with $ cost averaging will really help balance and increase returns for most people (usually people get emotional and sell/buy at the wrong time).
    The investment banking cartel has just gifted us
    a golden opportunity.

JP Morgan and pals are currently sitting on massive
    short positions in the precious metals sector, especially
    Silver.

With Silver touching $50 per ounce last weekend and
    Gold at new record highs, these banks were getting
    taken to the cleaners.

Their solution?

Crush Silver and other inflation hedges with the help
    of their friends at the brokerages.

The result is that Silver has fallen over 20%, dragging
    down the entire commodity sector with it.

How do I know this is a hit job? It's simple, the US
    Dollar hasn't done DIDDILY-SQUAT despite
    all commodities collapsing.

The investment banking cartel has just gifted us
    a golden opportunity.

JP Morgan and pals are currently sitting on massive
    short positions in the precious metals sector, especially
    Silver.

With Silver touching $50 per ounce last weekend and
    Gold at new record highs, these banks were getting
    taken to the cleaners.

Their solution?

Crush Silver and other inflation hedges with the help
    of their friends at the brokerages.

The result is that Silver has fallen over 20%, dragging
    down the entire commodity sector with it.

How do I know this is a hit job? It's simple, the US
    Dollar hasn't done DIDDILY-SQUAT despite
    all commodities collapsing.
    http://nz.mg261.mail.yahoo.com/dc/la...=3f2ualmu2e88t

He also says it is paving the way for Q3!! I'm going to BUY!!

Graham Summers Zero Hedge...

Max Keiser would concur.
    Last edited by raiha; 05-05-2011 at 03:52 PM.
    The world does not consist of a throng of geniuses. WilliamBanzai7

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It doesn't matter if a market is in a long term uptrend or downtrend, money is made on churn and smaller bubbles. (Or froth if you are Alan Greenpsan denying a huge housing bubble). Pump and dump. It's a big money maker for the Wall St. players (investment bankers, brokerages, hedge funds, speculators, etc.) Invest in a sector, start rumors and provide advise for everyone else to jump in, sell, start all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaMom View Post
    There are always psychological factors. It probably had some effect. Also, people tend to be less active in the markets, especially the metals, when summer gets here. Better things to do.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It really doesn't matter if silver prices fall or rise... because I'm in it for the long run and I know that silver/gold is the best way to protect my wealth against the printing press.

I bought at $7 and $16

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    I bought at $7 and $16
    winning?

the previous demand may have been fueled by easy money falling from uncle ben's chopper on to wall street. more money chasing those goods drove up price.
    now uncle ben is parking his chopper for a few months and the reality of the depression is setting in- people can no longer afford to consume those commodities the way they use to, so supply demand has kicked back in and the prices are falling.

think about this- the fuel refineries in louisiana are only producing at 70% capacity. over half the oil produced in the gulf of mexico is exported. people are driving a lot less.
    does it sound like we have a supply problem? no. we have an inflation problem.
    the calm before the hyperinflation storm is a deflation of prices. the ocean rolling out before the tsunami.
    Last edited by torchbearer; 05-05-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Yes, yes and YES.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    the previous demand may have been fueled by easy money falling from uncle ben's chopper on to wall street. more money chasing those goods drove up price.
    now uncle ben is parking his chopper for a few months and the reality of the depression is setting in- people can no longer afford to consume those commodities the way they use to, so supply demand has kicked back in and the prices are falling.

think about this- the fuel refineries in louisiana are only producing at 70%. over half the oil produced in the gulf of mexico is exported. people are driving a lot less.
    does it sound like we have a supply problem? no. we have an inflation problem.
    the calm before the hyperinflation storm is a deflation of prices. the ocean rolling out before the tsunami.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast