Thread: Mitch Daniels, Michelle Bachmann, and Mike Huckabee will all run - Kristol

Mitch Daniels, Michelle Bachmann, and Mike Huckabee will all run - Kristol

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ke_558546.html

Mitch Daniels is likely, I’m told, to announce his candidacy for the GOP presidential nomination in the next couple of weeks. Michelle Bachman will, I think, enter the race in June. And it now looks as if Mike Huckabee is also going to run.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What's your new info on the Huckster? I thought he was out.

Watch out for Mitch. Could be a key player.
    Last edited by anaconda; 05-01-2011 at 05:33 PM.

All I'm going to say is this: It's a prediction by Bill Kristol.

Oh yes, the good ole Kristol ball.

Mitch could be a factor.

Huck is installing state coordinators. Unfortunately.

As much as I would like to see a 'weak' field I really don't think it matters this time.

I just have to believe, based on his treatment by the media this past week, that Ron Paul can't be ignored this time.

I actually see some changes in his messaging that makes me believe he is running a more serious campaign this time and that he has more of a winning attitude as opposed to him running a purely educational campaign.

AND there is Rand to backstop him.

So let all the Republican wannabees pile into the race, bring 'em on.

This is Ron Paul's time and I have faith in his ability to debate the likes of Huckabee, Pawlentey, Daniels, Romney, Gingrich and Trump.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

I love Ron Paul but being from Indiana I really like mitch daniels. He brought Indiana out of debt and into a huge sulus. I like ron better, but will be watching mitchs moves... btw I have spoken to mitch many times, and he is actually a ron paul fan.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrictBaptist View Post
    I love Ron Paul but being from Indiana I really like mitch daniels. He brought Indiana out of debt and into a huge sulus. I like ron better, but will be watching mitchs moves... btw I have spoken to mitch many times, and he is actually a ron paul fan.
    Sounds like a good VP candidate!

Paul/Daniels 2012?
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

Quote Originally Posted by StrictBaptist View Post
    I don't know anything about him but I will have to check him out.

I think I read somewhere in the last day or two that since Haley Barbour's out that he will be throwing his fund-raising efforts behind Daniels.

Ron Paul/Mitch Daniels ticket?

And the people keep pissing their money away.

Unfortunately, Kristol probably knows since I believe all three are his sorts of people.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Bruehound View Post
    Huck is installing state coordinators. Unfortunately.
    An article just said that he released his people in SC.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    An article just said that he released his people in SC.
    http://tolbertreport.com/2011/04/27/...carolina-team/

Huckabee Releases South Carolina Team (UPDATE – or putting together a new one?)

According to South Carolina political operative and blogger Wesley Donehue, Mike Huckabee is making some moves in his state that could indicate he is not gearing up for a run. From his blog Process Story… We’ve been told that former Ark. Gov. Mike Huckabee, a rumored candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, is giving his former S.C. supporters the nod to seek work on other presidential campaigns. The word is that he’s told South Carolina staffers that they have his blessing for them to peddle their wares elsewhere. If this is as true as it appears, it’s the second major shakeup. Monday, Miss. Gov. Haley Barbour surprised everyone but himself when he announced that he would not seek the GOP nod.

Not so fast says rival conservative blogger Will Folks who is no fan of Donehue who he calls a RINO. Folks spoke to South Carolina buddy Hogan Gidley who now heads up HuckPAC. Gidley says the rumor is “categorically false.” Folks also speculates on some possible motives for Donehue’s story.On a separate but related note, it will be interesting to see how the role these new crop of local state level political blog play in the 2012 cycle. In the meantime, Fox News executives sound like they are ready for Huckabee to fish or cut bait in an interview with The Daily Beast.

UPDATE - Someone a lot more in the know than me floats another theory. According to the scuttlebutt, Barbour’s exit yesterday has begun to tip the scales in favor of Huckabee pulling the trigger on jumping into the race but it has also changed his way of thinking. With Barbour out, Huckabee is looking at his entry in the 2012 Presidential race as the presumptive front runner. That is a completely different perspective than his 2008 race and as such as needs a new team. Perhaps Donehue is completely correct that some of the South Carolina 2008 are being told they are not needed but maybe the real reason is Huckabee is looking for a the front runner team. As with former executive director of the South Carolina Republican Party Hogan Gidley on board. He likely could get it this time around.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.huckpac.com/?Fuseaction=B...w&Blog_id=3453

Hogan Gidley, Executive Director HuckPAC, "National polling consistently shows Governor Huckabee is the frontrunner - so we expect a certain amount of unfounded speculation, odd rumors, and sadly, the occasional lie lobbed our way. But the Governor himself has been quite clear on this matter. He has truthfully and repeatedly stated that he is seriously considering a run for President but he won't make that decision until this summer - and that has not changed."

Huck released his political aides to find other work. I can't see him running.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    Huck released his political aides to find other work. I can't see him running.
    he is not running because he pardoned a criminal who went on to kill many people.

Mitch Daniels is another neocon who keeps putting his foot in his mouth and told people to "shut up" about his plans....I can see the commercials now even if his words were taken out of context....lol
    Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by showpan View Post
    Mitch Daniels is another neocon who keeps putting his foot in his mouth and told people to "shut up" about his plans....I can see the commercials now even if his words were taken out of context....lol

Mitch is not a neocon. sry buddy