Thread: Putin: Attack Iran and you attack Russia

Putin: Attack Iran and you attack Russia

The barely reported highlight of Russian President Vladimir Putin's visit to Tehran for the Caspian Sea summit last week was a key face-to-face meeting with Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

A high-level diplomatic source in Tehran tells Asia Times Online that essentially Putin and the Supreme Leader have agreed on a plan to nullify the George W Bush administration's relentless drive towards launching a preemptive attack, perhaps a tactical nuclear strike, against Iran. An American attack on Iran will be viewed by Moscow as an attack on Russia.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_...?=retrieve_rss

Scared yet?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am half excited. On the one hand, there are major people not putting up with Bush's b.s. and on the other hand Bush is still stupid enough to attack.

I guess our only hope now is to have a bunch of nations invade the USA and divide us up into more than one country, cause I highly doubt Bush is smart enough do nothing.
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

This should, more than anything, be a good article to show to people who are pro-war simply because they honestly believe they are safer through pre-emptive war. This just shows how insane it would be - Bush has SAID attacking Iran might cause WWIII... i mean talk about going balls deep, its one thing to be mired down in iraq for a while in an occupation and to lose 6000 troops, etc. Its quite another to parlay that into something like might potentially spark a third world war between military superpowers with a million times the capability for total annihilation than what was seen during the last world war.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePieSwindler View Post
    This should, more than anything, be a good article to show to people who are pro-war simply because they honestly believe they are safer through pre-emptive war. This just shows how insane it would be - Bush has SAID attacking Iran might cause WWIII... i mean talk about going balls deep, its one thing to be mired down in iraq for a while in an occupation and to lose 6000 troops, etc. Its quite another to parlay that into something like might potentially spark a third world war between military superpowers with a million times the capability for total annihilation than what was seen during the last world war.
    $#@!, they already have a book out about how world war four will be faught. That podhertz guy, whatever his name is, ghoul's forieng policy adviser.
    "Anarchists oppose the State because it has its very being in such aggression, namely, the expropriation of private property through taxation, the coercive exclusion of other providers of defense service from its territory, and all of the other depredations and coercions that are built upon these twin foci of invasions of individual rights." -Murray Rothbard

I can't wait till WWIV. I'm a much better aim with sticks and rocks.

Do you know how many patriotic Iranians there are all over the globe, in high places? They won't tolerate bombings. They WILL hate America. Iran is not Iraq, Iran is very plugged into the international community.
    Last edited by JosephTheLibertarian; 10-26-2007 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortikhi View Post
    An American attack on Iran will be viewed by Moscow as an attack on Russia.
    '* The littoral states of the Caspian Sea are Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Iran, and Azerbaijan.

* The landlocked Caspian Sea holds a projected 3 percent of the world's energy supplies.

* The U.S. Energy Information Administration has estimated that the Caspian could hold between 17 billion and 33 billion barrels of proven oil. ("Proven reserves" are defined by energy experts to be 90 percent probable.)

* Other experts estimate the Caspian could hold "possible reserves" of up to 233 billion barrels of oil. ("Possible reserves" are considered to be 50 percent probable.)

* By comparison, Saudi Arabia has 261 trillion barrels of oil and the United States 23 trillion.

* The five Caspian countries have an estimated 170.4 trillion cubic feet (4.83 trillion cubic meters) of proven natural-gas reserves and possible reserves of 293 trillion cubic feet (8.30 trillion cubic meters).

* Tapping the Caspian oil may prove problematic: at least seven trial wells drilled by Western consortiums in Azerbaijan's sector of the sea since 1998 have failed to yield oil in commercially viable quantities.'

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...25-rferl05.htm

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by noxagol View Post
    $#@!, they already have a book out about how world war four will be faught. That podhertz guy, whatever his name is, ghoul's forieng policy adviser.
    I read it, scariest book ever.

Its quite another to parlay that into something like might potentially spark a third world war between military superpowers with a million times the capability for total annihilation than what was seen during the last world war.
    'zactly, its the ultimate, logical conclusion of the neocon practice of foreign policy at the barrel end of a gun, its the superbowl! and we've all got tickets!!

Ive been waiting fro this move from Russia

Quote Originally Posted by paulitics View Post
    I read it, scariest book ever.
    Oh yeah, can you elaborate a little?
    "Anarchists oppose the State because it has its very being in such aggression, namely, the expropriation of private property through taxation, the coercive exclusion of other providers of defense service from its territory, and all of the other depredations and coercions that are built upon these twin foci of invasions of individual rights." -Murray Rothbard

It doesn't seem like China would want to finance a war in Iran too. I just wonder if pressure from Russia and China is enough to stop the guys with the red button.

It's a sad commentary that the President of Russia and the Supreme Leader of Iran appear to be more rational than the President of the United States. It's a small nail upon which to hang the fate of the world.

Iran has 10% of the world's oil reserves... that why they want to invade Iran...

The following explains the current white house mood on Iran....
    http://comiqs.com/comics/FUctIrb3cmc/