Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Warning Fools! Silver Will Fall by 66%

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    As a matter of fact, Brian - I am looking into making my single largest purchase ever (silver).

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Unfortunately in my area (Toronto and surrounding area) many silver products are sold out and the others have huge premiums. It seems a lot of people are buying these prices.
    Ever buy online? They seem to have stock, premium is about the same as usual.

An example:
    https://www.amagimetals.com/silver/coins
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    this guy is saying basically the same thing Harvey Organ said on Greg's show not too long ago.....that the physical metal shortage will come to a head by year's end.
    The same argument that's been made since about 2009. Still hasn't happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    this guy is saying basically the same thing Harvey Organ said on Greg's show not too long ago.....that the physical metal shortage will come to a head by year's end.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    The same argument that's been made since about 2009. Still hasn't happened.
    The interesting part of this debate is the fact that the government is the producer of the product (silver coins) in question. Silver Eagles and Maple Leafs are the coins of choice, produced by government. If they could manipulate the paper price, they could also manipulate the physical prices, as long as they can produce enough coins. If it were pure manipulation, and as long as they had a physical silver supply, they can charge any price they want, even flood the market at a loss.

And another option is unthinkable...are they manipulating the content of their coins? It would be incredibly easy and inexpensive for an independent assay of a Silver Eagle. Does anyone do that regularly?

And then there is the option that there is plenty of physical silver, and they can produce enough Eagles to meet demand forever.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Coins account for only a small percent of global silver demand. When the US Mint needs metal for coins, it buys it on the market and adds a profit margin from that cost plus their production costs. They react to the world price of silver (and gold). They don't determine it.

https://www.silverinstitute.org/site...silver-demand/

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Coins account for only a small percent of global silver demand. When the US Mint needs metal for coins, it buys it on the market and adds a profit margin from that cost plus their production costs. They react to the world price of silver (and gold). They don't determine it.

https://www.silverinstitute.org/site...silver-demand/
    Theyre committing fraud by selling a $1 silver coin for anything more than $1.

They should make the face amount $20, or $50. Something more in line with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The interesting part of this debate is the fact that the government is the producer of the product (silver coins) in question. Silver Eagles and Maple Leafs are the coins of choice, produced by government. If they could manipulate the paper price, they could also manipulate the physical prices, as long as they can produce enough coins. If it were pure manipulation, and as long as they had a physical silver supply, they can charge any price they want, even flood the market at a loss.
    The question being, of course, why?

Also, lots of things are possible, but not likely or actually happening.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Question is, can silver ever really be worth nothing? For me the answer is no....

Will it be worth nothing? Probably not. Can it be worth less than it is now? Yes, it can. Or it can be worth more. Nobody can be sure.

Will it be worth nothing? Probably not. Can it be worth less than it is now? Yes, it can. Or it can be worth more. Nobody can be sure.
    Will the Federal Reserve Note be worth nothing? Maybe. Can it be worth less than it is now? Obviously. Can it be worth more? That would contradict its entire history. On that last one I think we can be sure: No way.

Theoretically the Fed could shut down the presses for a while, and it could gain value. But that will remain a theory because greed rules the banks and the banks own the Fed.

So, which is best? Swimming with the inside trader sharks? Putting your FRNs in the bank and watching them shrink? Or speculating that the Fed Greed will eventually destroy that thing they call the dollar?

Time will tell...
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    So, which is best? Swimming with the inside trader sharks? Putting your FRNs in the bank and watching them shrink? Or speculating that the Fed Greed will eventually destroy that thing they call the dollar?
    Speculating that it could eventually happen and saying that it will definitely happen SOON are two completely different things.

Likewise, EVENTUALLY the United States will no longer exist in their current form. That's absolute, given an infinite amount of time. Planning for it to happen this year is not going to be profitable for you.
    Pinochet is the model

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I still cannot believe how low Silver has fallen.

I loaded up at $20 and am wondering if I should buy more

Quote Originally Posted by fatjohn View Post
    First day of the new bull market in metals.
    Tell others I told so.
    you said so

Gold has dropped nearly $30 an ounce since the Fed announcement as of right now- almost exactly $1200 an ounce.

Gold has dropped nearly $30 an ounce since the Fed announcement as of right now- almost exactly $1200 an ounce.
    I can work with that .

i'm going to start investing in paper...

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    i'm going to start investing in paper...
    Not me

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Not me
    ahh, i see...ink then..

will consider ink as my retirement fund investment....ftw...

just noticed the OP was banned awhile ago....geez.....really.....has a good thread and is banned....why?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    just noticed the OP was banned awhile ago....geez.....really.....has a good thread and is banned....why?
    Anti-semite?

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    In that question, the author announces his complete ignorance of the issue. It's not that metals are "accreting value". It's that the measuring stick you are using to measure value is changing. The author has a fundamental misunderstanding of what money is and a complete lack of historical perspective on the "great" Keynesian experiment that's in it's dying days. Everyone loves the returns on a Ponzi scheme until it collapses.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0611 View Post
    Lol yup.

Same thing could be said for anything:

"Why would oil, a commodity with no yield -- accrete value?"

Some people are so ignorant of economics and prices, its so sad.
    Both posts make excellent points, but they do not take into account the circumstance under which such commodities actually do accrete value.

What you both were addressing was the monetary inflation aspect. Silver, for example and all else equal, retains it market value while the currency declines. That is clearly no accretion of value.

However, market values for silver can in fact rise even with perfect money as the only currency due to increased demand.

If, for example, a superconducting medium were invented that would operate up to, say, the boiling point of water at standard pressure, you can bet you hide that silver would accrete staggering value. The same might be said for any other comparatively rare commodity. But even sand, were it to be the magic ingredient in the next wave of quantum advances that everyone in the world will want, its market value would rise.

So always bear in mind the two disparate foundational bases for rises in apparent value: money inflation and increased demand. Same outward appearance; totally and mutually alien foundations and, often, results.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by nurse_emily View Post
    If silver drops back down to $15 I'll buy up as much as I can just like last summer. I am currently not buying above $30 an oz.
    Well, here's your chance.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Silver, for example and all else equal, retains it market value while the currency declines. That is clearly no accretion of value.

However, market values for silver can in fact rise even with perfect money as the only currency due to increased demand.
    Also, changes in supply.
    Pinochet is the model

Where is the Bottom???

Precious metals weaker as gold and silver price drop – MORNING REPORT - See more at:

http://www.bulliondesk.com/gold-anal....fHgxK2wy.dpuf

Hope no one was foolish enough to follow APMEX's advice in Feb. 2013

SIVLER PLUNGES BELOW $30 FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS.
    TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS BUYING OPPORTUNITY.!!!!
    LOCK IN YOUR PRICE WHEN YOU ORDER FROM APMEX

When you buy Silver from APMEX, the price listed is the price you pay (not including shipping) — locked in at the time of your order. There are no commissions and no hidden fees. That means you can take maximum advantage of the recent price pullback in Silver to buy your favorite items.
    DON'T MISS THIS BUYING OPPORTUNITY IN SILVER

Quote Originally Posted by NACBA View Post
    SIVLER PLUNGES BELOW $30 FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS.
    TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS BUYING OPPORTUNITY.!!!!
    LOCK IN YOUR PRICE WHEN YOU ORDER FROM APMEX

When you buy Silver from APMEX, the price listed is the price you pay (not including shipping) — locked in at the time of your order. There are no commissions and no hidden fees. That means you can take maximum advantage of the recent price pullback in Silver to buy your favorite items.
    DON'T MISS THIS BUYING OPPORTUNITY IN SILVER
    I just stopped by the Toyota Dealership, I asked the nice man who greeted me if now was a good time to buy a Corrola, lucky me, it is!

I then stopped by a real estate agent and asked if now was a good time to buy a house, lucky me, it is!

I then stopped by a different agent and asked if now was a good time to sell my house, it is!, the stars must be aligning.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves." — Norm Franz

(Some old threads have been bumped lately, and while I miss so many people either gone or banned, I sure as hell don't miss the OP boobyw24.)
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Wages falling, metals falling, oil falling, gas falling, stocks falling... is it deflation time?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wages falling, metals falling, oil falling, gas falling, stocks falling... is it deflation time?
    It sure is... and we all know what happens next... gigantic crash and more printing... rinse and repeat until hyperinflation or they finally decide to man up and default on the debt.
    It's just an opinion... man...

Replacing our current Fiat Currency with another banker controlled world Fiat Currency is an ultimate goal, which means a planned dollar collapse. It just depends where we are on their time table.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast